“A memorable weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Miami, Florida
“A memorable weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

Good Evening Mr. Mckeen,

Before you book your stay at any hotel in Miami, I advise you to look into The Epic. It centered in the heart of Miami and you have easy acces to 1-95, the MacArthur Causeway, and other attractive venues in the area. The staff was amazing!! It was my son's 7th birthday and we wanted to get away from it all. Once we had the excellent service at poolside, my son received a enormous dessert compliments of the hotel. That was very touching for us ALL. From the valet, front desk, concierge, pool, kitchen, housekeeping..etc. the employees are very professional and MOST of all friendly..What else can you ask for you?!! Rooms were impeccable. The view was amazing!!

Hopefully you will not be disappointed!!! Enjoy....

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2010
chino921:
Thank you for taking the time to write about such a memorable experience for you. We are so happy that we could be part of the fun of your son's very special 7th birthday. We hope to see you again soon and to be involved in creating a few more touching experiences for you and your family.

1,964 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

Spent two nights in Miami on our way back from Islamorada. It's an absolutely beautiful hotel -- from the lobby to the pool to our room. The pools are on the 16th floor and overlook the river area. There's a new Asian-style restaurant on the ground floor, which was understandably expensive (it's a 4.5 star hotel, it's Miami) but very, very good. I think they had just opened earlier that week, but they were on top of their game already.

Staff was excellent, as we've come to expect as frequent Kimpton customers (we've stayed in Chicago, Baltimore, Philly, New York, etc.). And of course, there's the famous Kimpton happy hour between 5-6pm every night with wine and sangria. Can't miss that. There's another restaurant on the 16th floor and another bar on the ground floor, both of which seemed rather nice.

The only downside to our stay was our disappointment with our decision to upgrade to the club level rooms. The room itself was very nice (although all Kimpton rooms are nice), but we were sold on the "club lounge" which was supposed to offer alcohol throughout the day and five snacks, for lack of a better term. The bar was usually understocked and the food wasn't all that impressive. Nitpicking, I suppose, but we definitely won't make that upgrade in the future. It just wasn't worth the extra $80 or so per night for those amenities.

Regardless, we're dedicated Kimptonites. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
resinwich:
Thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent contribution. Thank you also for mentioning the properties wonderful amenities; we will be further diagnosing your club level experience. We appreciate all your feedback and look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Miami.
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

First of all, the staff at the Epic in MIami was great! Very cordial and friendly -- everyone from the lobby staff, to the front desk, to the staff in area 31 (where we had breakfast).
We had concerns since we were traveling with our dog, Allie. Since they were condsidered a 'pet-friendly' hotel, we were curious how 'pet-friendly' they were....Our worries went away when the staff greeted her when she jumped out of the car! Water and dog biscuits waiting for her at the front entrance.
We want to thank Michael Bomba in the lobby for treating Allie like a queen, and also to Marcela at the front desk for helping us out with info/directions.
The location is great -- just a short 15 minute ride to South Beach and a short walk along the bayfront to stroll and do some shopping.
Amenities were all first class.
We will be back in the future! So will Allie!

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2010
schiavetta:
Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic contribution. Thank you for mentioning a few of our pet friendly services. We look forward to your return visit with us.
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

The Hotel is just awesome.The Stuff is friendly and helpful with any kind of request .The room was very clean, with free internet to use all day and we had a great view to the bay. At the entrance is a very nice bar with a lot of people so you don't have to leave actually to have a good time.
The parking is a bit expensive for European standards but normal for Miami.
We stayed for 10 days and we both loved it.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2010
SaFot:
Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic contribution. Thank you for mentioning the friendly & helpful employees. We look forward to your return stay with us.
nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

How much can I say about a place I like so much? Let me begin: My standards are high as well as my expectations. I travel quite often and always ensure my stays include those hotels that are highly revered. The Epic was no exception! The bulk of reviews in TripAdvisor are #1--well, I am here to tell you that I concur!

Check-in: Bellman asked me within 30 seconds to carry in my bags...I declined, but they still asked---excellent!

Front Desk: Initial problem with check-in only because another member of my party checked in earlier under my reservations. However, the front desk managed to correct the matter within minutes while making me feel I was their only customer! Alexi was one of those that made me feel so very special! Thanks Alexi!

Appearance: Hotel tremendous curb appeal...close to water, easy to get in and out, near shops and restaurants (walking distance). Interior lobby is exquisite contemporary and open feel, rooms have splendid and artful designs that are functional and enjoyable.

Amenities: Toiletries are top drawer! Towels and bedding are very nice quality!

Room: Wonderful views to either city or bay! Baths are ornate! Furniture very functional and decorative! Although I was in one of the suites, it had plenty of square footage, fantastic balcony and exceptional view! Negatives...I just wish there were more plug-in receptacles in the room than what they had!

Dining Room/Bar: I only had room service...this was excellent food, great presentation (simple order), and came within 20 minutes. I did, however, have one of their infamous "MOJITOS" in the bar on the 16th floor....it was one of the best I have ever had and well worth the $13 it cost.

Pool: Located on 16th floor also...unique design and shape, lots of room, individual covered areas, comfortable furniture.

Concierge Level: I paid the extra to participate in this additional service. Although the food presentations are small in size, they are very elegant and tasty. Gene, one of the main concierge managers, wore a smile (not fake) 24/7! He'd always tried to accommodate his guests above and beyond what is normally expected.

Maid Service: We stayed in and out of our room most of day with "No maid service" sign on, so we didn't have normal service. But, when I called at 4:00pm, they came up within 20 minutes. Guy was one of the service people who went the extra inning to ensure we had extra pillows and our couch bed made.

Checkout: No hitches....easy.....wonderful sendoff! Several behind desk urged me to come back and visit them again (not just the girl checking me out)!

Special Note: Farrah and Alexi (at the front desk) remembered my name throughout my stay and always greeted as they saw me leaving and/or returning to the hotel. I thought this was a wonderful personal touch and makes me want to return as soon as I can.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2010
txtonc:
Thank you for taking the time to write such a fabulous contribution. Thank you for being so detailed and for mentioning so many of our employees by name. We look forward to your next stay with us.
houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. Fabulous location. The last day of our stay we just wanted to relax by the pool, but we got showered with glass falling from a balcony above us which was being repaired by obviously not very skilled people. That was the end for us, glass everywhere(in and out of the pool) and we had to leave. Not very good last few hours we wanted to enjoy before going back home.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2010
arlotka:
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience of the falling glass particles during the last few hours of your stay while you were relaxing by the pool. We have corrected that situation and I will be in touch momentarily to win back your trust in our product and invite you back. Again my apologies.

new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

We have just returned from a fantastic time at the Epic,with out exception every member of staff we encountered was so pleasant ,helpful,happy and general really nice.Nothing was to much trouble from the flowers .champagne my husband ordered for my birthday ,to cake and wine by the pool and ordering breakfast after hours they were all so nice .The hotel is beautiful ,rooms lovely ,pool etc lovely and the new Zuma resturant is so good .We wouldnt stay any where else and we will definatly be back .Well done Epic it certainly was!!

brittania8:
Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic contribution. We are so happy that we could assist in making a memorable birthday for you. We look forward to your return with us.
Resort Manager

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!