“Perfection” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
“Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2009 via mobile

My stay at the EPIC was, without a doubt, the best hotel experience I've had yet. The valet parking staff opened the doors for me and the rest of my family with a smile and a welcome upon our return every time we left. We were greeted by an employee I believe his name was Andy... I can't seem to jog my memory now but he explained every detail from room key function to events of the day.
The pools were jaw-dropping and extremely clean, as soon as we put our things down we were offered fresh towels on the poolside lounge chairs and water with lemon slices. The kids played with the wii they had available right next to the pool after they finished with the water noodles also offered by the staff.
The lobby was always impeccable (the whole hotel was) and filled with tasteful music. The elevator was always on time, they had six so there was always one close to your floor.
The gym was equipped with the latest machines and what seemed to be a pilates or aerobics room complete with mats and an iPod docking station.
The view from our room was simply stunning, the only complaint there, is the few hours the construction crew was sounding drills on another building (EPIC staff previously appologized for this).
To wrap this very long review up, we lost one of our room keys before checkout. After turning over the whole room we gave up and expected a fee for this. When we informed the concierge she shrugged it off and kindly told us not to worry, it happened all the time, and there was no fee.
I took time to write out most of my experience because people deserve to know that the EPIC is the definition of luxury.
I live in Miami and plan to go back in February to celebrate my daughter's 16th birthday.
Thank you for the experience!!

-Maria

seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 29, 2009
Frstdlmncwrd:
Thank you so much for your incredible contribution. We truly appreciate all the praise regarding our amenities and service; we intend to exceed our guest’s expectations. We look forward to celebrating your daughters 16th birthday together in February.
Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
home
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2009

We stayed here for our honeymoon, I just can't say enough nice things about this hotel. We wanted to come back every year for our anniversary, but it looks like we will be returning sooner.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
HomeNette:
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful contribution. Congratulations, we are so happy you chose to stay with us on such a momentous occasion. We look forward to your return.
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2009

We stayed for one night. We arrived and no one took our bags, got to reception and we were given the room key but not shown to our room, had to find it ourself. The room was fantastic on the 28th floor with a sea view. Beautiful bathroom. The decor was lovely and the bed was blissfully comfortable. The downside is the noisy bar on the ground floor.. there was a party on and it was full of drunk 20somethings, we saw a girl being wheeled out by security as she was too drunk to walk. Got in the lift and there was sick on the floor. I alerted the desk to it but it didnt get cleaned up immediately. We were very upset. The pool and restaurant on the 16th floor has amazing views friendly staff, but the food is not exactly gourmet. We had to wait a long time for them to sort out our food bill. After this experience we decided to have lunch at the Mandarin Oriental instead which is a class apart. The EPIC did give us a refund on our food and bar bill and allowed us a very late check out due to us complaining about the party - this was a very good gesture. The hotel itself is an amazing building, but it lacks the wow factor in terms of attention to smaller details and exceptional service. If it can correct this it can truly deserve to be a five star hotel. I really like this hotel and want it to be exceptional.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2009
SteveTrips:
Thank you for taking the time to write your contribution. Thank you for mentioning the friendly staff by the pool and the amazing views. We will be discussing your concerns to assist with establishing ourselves as the premier 5 star property in downtown.
Thank you again and we look forward to your return.
orlando, fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2009

I arrived in this hotel and there was a girl named Belen Mejia who approached me first. While my partner was fixing our luggage, i noticed that this girl starring at me with a bad attitude looks. I was wondering what was her problem for her to look at me like that. But as a professional, I did not say anyhting at all. When I started to talk to her, the way she answered me was inappropriate manner. I felt like she disrespect me in front of my partner. My partner wants to tell the front manager but I told him not to. But i realized that we should've done that. I had been customer in this hotel and I never had bad any experience not until this last visit. Everything was still ok and good in terms of the cleanliness and other services except from that girl. Hope the officers in this hotel would be aware from their worker's attitude.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
dfajardo:
Thank you for your contribution. Thank you for mentioning that other services and cleanliness were good. We apologize for the incident and implore you to believe that this incident does not reflect the level of service we believe our guests deserve. Thank you for the contribution and we look forward to your return.
Atlanta, Ga.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2009

We stayed at the Epic for 8 nights over Thanksgiving and could not have been happier with our choice. I grew up in Miami and go back every year to visit. Hospitality service can be down right indifferent, if not surly in Miami hotels and restaurants. I am used to that, even at expensive, top rated places.
So, we were continually thrilled with the friendliness and service we received throughout the hotel: the car attendants, front desk, general and housekeeping staff and particularly the restaurant. By the way, the breakfast is nice, lunch delicious and dinner at Area 31 wonderful. Some of the best prepared fish I have had in years. Look for the private dining rooms overlooking the Miami River. Also, the River Bar in the lobby is right on the water and a hot place on weekend nights.
The rooms are stylish, well thought out and fairly large. Computers and flat screen TVs in each room and free internet access was available. The only thing you may not care for is the glassless, open window space between the bedroom and bathroom. While there is a heavy Roman shade to roll-down, noise from the bathroom for a sleeping guest may be off-putting to some.
Still, the views of the bay are nice, the pool, a beautiful edgeless place in the sun overlooking the bay, and good rates can be had for those who look and plan ahead. I will be back there for my next visit, and know they will re-open as good as ever, if not better. Well located, even though downtown, with great access to other areas: Miami Beach or Key Biscayne:10 minutes, Coral Gables 15 -20 minutes, airport:15 -20 minutes, depending on traffic, which feels like rush hour most of the time in Miami.
Note: valet parking is pretty much necessary if you have a car, as it is downtown and other parking options are at least a few blocks away and have restrictions. Parking was about $32/night OUCH!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
ButImRight:
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful contribution. Thank you also for mentioning the friendly service and stylish decor. We look forward to you returning to EPIC next year for your annual stay in Miami.
Zürich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2009

We stayed here on our last night before flying home and for this it was a perfect option. Location... eeehhh...but it all depends what you are here for an for how long. Downtown like in many US cities is a bit depressing. You can however walk down by the water and there is a shopping centre nearby but it is a few hours distraction, nothing more. It is close to the Historical Museum and Art Museum so for an overnight stay, there was enough to keep us busy. As detailed by others, the rooms are great. I just loved the balcony and the views are fantastic. Service also very good. Free internet in room (always a bonus for us Europeans who are not used of this). Valet parking was about 30 dollars if I remember correctly and on a small sample (having only got the car out once), it was a little slow.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2009
Tagesthemen:
Thank you for taking the time to write your contribution. We appreciate that you mentioned the very good service and great rooms. We will address your concerns with the speed of service of our valet.
We look forward to your return during you next visit to Miami.

Cornelius, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2009

I stayed at the Epic Hotel for 2 nights in October. When you walk in the front door, you are greeted by staff immediately and made to feel right at home. I got in early, but my room was already ready for me. The rooms are a great size, love the glass shower and separate tub. Very spacious bathroom and plenty of counter space. The beds are super comfy and every room has a balcony! And the views are amazing! Every room also has a computer! Can you believe it! I was able to surf around and find a few different restaurants for lunch and dinner.

On the first night, we ate at the hotel. They have a great terrace up on the 16th floor. The menu is priced decent and the food was amazing! On the second day, we had breakfast at the restaurant and then spent the day at the pool. We had lunch poolside at our cabana...the food was amazing again...you definitely don't sacrifice quality for eating at the pool. The pool staff are fantastic, offering fresh water frequently and sun block if needed.

For dinner, I called down to the concierge and they made a reservation for us down on South Beach, called a taxi for us, and sent a confirmation up to the room. The staff are amazing. On the third day, we asked for a late checkout (granted) and spent the day at the pool again! Another poolside lunch (delicious again) and then off to the airport.

I would stay here again and again. By far, the best hotel and best staff I've experienced in the area!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2009
hawkeye0905:
Thank you for taking the time to write an absolutely amazing contribution. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the service was amazing. We look forward to your return.
Resort Manager

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!