“Yes, Virginia, there is great, friendly service in a Miami hotel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel

25% Off + FREE Upgrade
Ranked #4 of 130 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Atlanta, Ga.
“Yes, Virginia, there is great, friendly service in a Miami hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2009

We stayed at the Epic for 8 nights over Thanksgiving and could not have been happier with our choice. I grew up in Miami and go back every year to visit. Hospitality service can be down right indifferent, if not surly in Miami hotels and restaurants. I am used to that, even at expensive, top rated places.
So, we were continually thrilled with the friendliness and service we received throughout the hotel: the car attendants, front desk, general and housekeeping staff and particularly the restaurant. By the way, the breakfast is nice, lunch delicious and dinner at Area 31 wonderful. Some of the best prepared fish I have had in years. Look for the private dining rooms overlooking the Miami River. Also, the River Bar in the lobby is right on the water and a hot place on weekend nights.
The rooms are stylish, well thought out and fairly large. Computers and flat screen TVs in each room and free internet access was available. The only thing you may not care for is the glassless, open window space between the bedroom and bathroom. While there is a heavy Roman shade to roll-down, noise from the bathroom for a sleeping guest may be off-putting to some.
Still, the views of the bay are nice, the pool, a beautiful edgeless place in the sun overlooking the bay, and good rates can be had for those who look and plan ahead. I will be back there for my next visit, and know they will re-open as good as ever, if not better. Well located, even though downtown, with great access to other areas: Miami Beach or Key Biscayne:10 minutes, Coral Gables 15 -20 minutes, airport:15 -20 minutes, depending on traffic, which feels like rush hour most of the time in Miami.
Note: valet parking is pretty much necessary if you have a car, as it is downtown and other parking options are at least a few blocks away and have restrictions. Parking was about $32/night OUCH!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2009
ButImRight:
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful contribution. Thank you also for mentioning the friendly service and stylish decor. We look forward to you returning to EPIC next year for your annual stay in Miami.

1,946 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
Zürich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2009

We stayed here on our last night before flying home and for this it was a perfect option. Location... eeehhh...but it all depends what you are here for an for how long. Downtown like in many US cities is a bit depressing. You can however walk down by the water and there is a shopping centre nearby but it is a few hours distraction, nothing more. It is close to the Historical Museum and Art Museum so for an overnight stay, there was enough to keep us busy. As detailed by others, the rooms are great. I just loved the balcony and the views are fantastic. Service also very good. Free internet in room (always a bonus for us Europeans who are not used of this). Valet parking was about 30 dollars if I remember correctly and on a small sample (having only got the car out once), it was a little slow.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2009
Tagesthemen:
Thank you for taking the time to write your contribution. We appreciate that you mentioned the very good service and great rooms. We will address your concerns with the speed of service of our valet.
We look forward to your return during you next visit to Miami.

Cornelius, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2009

I stayed at the Epic Hotel for 2 nights in October. When you walk in the front door, you are greeted by staff immediately and made to feel right at home. I got in early, but my room was already ready for me. The rooms are a great size, love the glass shower and separate tub. Very spacious bathroom and plenty of counter space. The beds are super comfy and every room has a balcony! And the views are amazing! Every room also has a computer! Can you believe it! I was able to surf around and find a few different restaurants for lunch and dinner.

On the first night, we ate at the hotel. They have a great terrace up on the 16th floor. The menu is priced decent and the food was amazing! On the second day, we had breakfast at the restaurant and then spent the day at the pool. We had lunch poolside at our cabana...the food was amazing again...you definitely don't sacrifice quality for eating at the pool. The pool staff are fantastic, offering fresh water frequently and sun block if needed.

For dinner, I called down to the concierge and they made a reservation for us down on South Beach, called a taxi for us, and sent a confirmation up to the room. The staff are amazing. On the third day, we asked for a late checkout (granted) and spent the day at the pool again! Another poolside lunch (delicious again) and then off to the airport.

I would stay here again and again. By far, the best hotel and best staff I've experienced in the area!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2009
hawkeye0905:
Thank you for taking the time to write an absolutely amazing contribution. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the service was amazing. We look forward to your return.
Washington DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2009

I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. I stayed for 5 nights on business and had a very unpleasant experience.

During our stay, I (and several colleagues) experienced problems with bites/rashes. My problem was so severe that I had to seek medical treatment when I got home. The doctor diagnosed the problem as bed bugs or Scabies and told me to contact the hotel. When I did so, I found the staff to be very unhelpful, evasive and hard to deal with. I’m disgusted with the experience I had of staying at this hotel and the subsequent level of customer service I received. I feel extremely let-down and will not be staying at a Kimpton hotel ever again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 16, 2009
rodders_9:
Thank you for staying with us and for your detailed experience with us. I am embarrassed by the experience and the service level that you received; let me apologize for all the opportunities which you denoted. We also appreciate you bringing the bed bug concerns to our attention all areas of your stay will be reviewed with the appropriate departments will rectify. I did leave you a reply and would be interested in hearing about your experience in detail if you have a moment to discuss. Again my sincerest apologies and please contact me to make this experience right for you.
Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to communicating w/ you again in the near future.

Little Rock, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2009

Fantastic stay at the Epic. Nice sized room with two double beds, balcony, and great bathroom (glass shower and separate tub). Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
thomasgmay:
Thank you very much for the fabulous and concise contribution. We look forward to your return.
Britain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2009

Stayed 2 nights in Nov 09 and very pleased indeed. Lovely room and good service. Its difficult to know where to stay in Miami and this was a good choice. The rooms are really nice with huge bed and huge shower area! and quiet as well. There is a car park (note there is a daily charge for the valet parking though) You could drive or taxi to the art deco area and we drove to Aventura Mall. In the evening its possible to stroll out to bars and restaurants about 15 mins away. There is a continental breakfast but we paid for something more and it was lovely. The restautant where all the meals are served has a lovely big balcony with city views, which all feels very chic. The restaurant food was pricey, but really very good indeed. The whole restaurant is very smart and feels like a big treat. I will go again when Ive saved up-we did get a good deal for the room rate from one of the booking sites.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
VelvetElf:
Thank you for taking the time to contribute such a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the service. We look forward to your return the next time you visit Miami.
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2009

The hotel is gorgeous, the rooms are beautiful and the service was five star. I was upgraded to a JR Suite that had its own computer and an immense bathroom.

I have stayed at many five star hotels, including the nearby Mandarin Oriental, and by far the EPIC is the biggest bang for the buck.

Little touches like a hosted wine part every night, Aqua di Parma bath products and a top-notch gym made the stay all the more enjoyable.

If you want a gorgeous hotel that is a great value and only 10 minutes from South Beach, stay at the EPIC. (If you want overly-trendy with little substance and no service and want to pay hundreds of dollars more per night, stay in South Beach).

I give EPIC a thumbs up!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2009
prdomm:
We loved your contribution, thank you.
It’s so true.
We hope to see you again soon.
Resort Manager

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!