“A 'first class' weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 111 Hotels in Miami
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
West Midlands, England
“A 'first class' weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2009

We spent the first weekend in October 2009 at the hotel, as we'd travelled up from the Keys to watch 'The Killers' (on Saturday) and the Bills @ the Dolphins (on Sunday), and we found it absolutely wonderful.
We treated ourselves to Sunday brunch, at the Area 31 restaurant, and the food and services was excellent. We also tried the room service, and again the food and services was excellent.
The rooms are clean, spacious and very stylish and matched the five star rating.
We unfortunately, had a few quibbles. On arrival, the previous guests' used soap and shower gel was still in the shower cubicle. Also, the complimentary toiletries were open and previously used (for a five star I wouldn't expect this to be the norm). These items were never replaced, and we're glad we'd brought our own.
We were also disappointed, that the hotel failed to leave us a card to order breakfast on our last morning. I'll assume this was an oversight.
Finally, our real problem was the bill pushed under the door, that was twice as much as it should have been (we'd paid some items twice, and charged for the 'honour bar' that we never used). To the hotel's credit, this was resolved immediately.
I would recommend this hotel, but would ask you to check your bill carefully.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2009
bcwolfe:
Thank you for taking the time to coordinate your contribution. We appreciate your excellence comments regarding food service and guest servicer. We also recognize our opportunities with your stay and we appreciate your thorough details. These housekeeping and accounting concerns will be rectified quickly to assure these types of occurrences do not resurface of another guest. We look forward to your future stays with us.
Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (585)
Morris County, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

Girls weeekend trip to Miami, we were very conflicted about whether to stay in South beach or at EPIC. I went with EPIC because I liked the more relaxed vibe rather than the frenetic pace of South Beach. Taxi to South Beach is about $25 each way.

Our experience was amazing - we had a waterfront room with amazing views. Check-in was easy, rooms were gorgeous, views fantastic. Pools are wonderful, lots of chairs and a very mixed crowd with a very relaxed vibe. Fruit kebabs that they brought around were amazing and a nice treat! Wine hour from 5-6 was wonderful - we also had massages pool-side which the concierge organised for us --- massuese (Olivia) was AMAZING. So worth it.

Fitness center was beautiful, and the in-room internet kiosk was very handy when looking for places to eat!

The only thing was that the room next to us was adjoining and there was some noise that came through from people talking --- but it wasnt bad enough to make us switch rooms. Thought the sound-proofing could be a little better.

We did not want to leave, everyone was so helpful. I would definately stay at EPIC again!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2009
gusandbetsy:
Thank you for taking the time to contribute such a fantastic review. Thank you also for communicating the details of your girl’s weekend in Miami, we sincerely appreciate all the feedback regarding the wonderful service gorgeous rooms, mixed crowd, and amazing experience.

We look forward to hosting your future vacations to Miami.

MIami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

A different view of Miami --literally and figuratively--from this stunning hotel in downtown. South Beach hotels and service pale next to the elegance, the ambience and just the overall chic of this hotel. The views are stunning, and the details make all the differnece. A complimentary book on my pillow? (I got Leila Cobo's Tell Me Something True--great novel) Never saw that before and it's a wonderful little perk. Coupled with wine and a book reading at the terrae t sundown, it made me feel I was in another world.
Staff is attentive and lovely.

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Miamiviajera:
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely contribution. Thank you also for communicating the details of your stay with us, we sincerely appreciate all the feedback regarding the ambience, elegance, and this months turn down novel by Leila Cobo; Tell Me Something True.

We look forward to hosting your future vacations to Miami.

miami,fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

Modern, chic, luxurious hotel with top amenities and breathless views.

I cannot say enough about this hotel. It was one of the greatest hotel experiences I had!

Beginning with check-in, the front desk wanted to ensure that every need was met and offered us a free upgrade to a water-view room. Our room was huge with incredible views, flat screen tv, in room computer with free internet access, HUGE bathroom, comfortable bed, pristine finishing’s, and high-tech extras. For example, we were able to press a button to ensure privacy. Once pressed, you cannot even here the door bell for the room service you ordered (oops!). The terrace was huge and accommodating for our room service breakfast that was one of the highlights of our stays.
The hotel itself is beautiful with a luxurious lobby, huge chic pool, and delicious restaurant. The location was great and walking distance to Mary Brickell Village. There is also a lounge/night club so you don’t have to go far to party. Don’t worry about the party goers. Epic ensures top security. Once the club opened the entrance to the elevators were roped off, and a security guard was on duty to check room keys.
The gym was another plus and with high-tech equipment. Overall, this was one of the best accommodations we have had, and we have stayed in great hotel all over the world. You will NOT be disappointed.

Traveljunkielb:
Thank you for taking the time to contribute such a fantastic review. Thank you also for communicating the details of your stay with us, we sincerely appreciate all the feedback regarding the wonderful service at arrival, and the safety and security you experienced.

We look forward to hosting your future visits to Miami and hope to be able to continue to impress you with our style of service and the amenities we offer.

mika41
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

Everything was excellent, just pricy, but restaurants are great, food good, staff proffesional and pleasant.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2009
mika41:
Thank you for your concise and flattering contribution. We are so happy that you mentioned everything was excellent.
We look forward to hosting your next stay in Miami.
Woodinville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

Awesome hotel!!! From check in to check-out, the whole stay was exceptional.
I am a hotel snob, it wasn't the Ritz but it was very nice. I had a complimentary upgrade. Checked in early, at 10:00 without any question. The room is very nice, free wifi and a desktop in the room for Kimpton members. The normal Luxury bedding/towels. I-pod docking station to charge my phone. Front desk even gave me a $10 credit for the mini bar as a promo they were trying. Great view of the water and the pool, from our balcony. The pool area, amazing! The guys working out there set up my towels in one of the small cabanas, free of charge. There are two other sizes of cabana rooms for fees, and the big one is just amazing. They had complmentary lotions, new magazines, and continued to come around with a pitcher of lemon water and kept our glasses full. I did order one cocktail out there also. Then from 5:00-:6:00 PM they had a hosted wine reception, poolside. Very nice touch. Excellent location for walking around downtown. Several fine restaurants in the area. They have good food in their restaurant as well, excellent salad! There is only valet parking there. My friends came to visit us and were only charged a small fee for the day. They are also a dog friendly hotel, for all those who need to bring their pets and I don't just mean little dogs, real dogs, too!! In the evening a server came by our room to offer items such as bottles of complimentary water. I also saw that if you are charged by your airline for a second bag, that if you show them the reciept, they will deduct the amount off of your bill. Just one great thing after another with this hotel. It is very nice. It was a very nice stay. Wish that I could have stayed an extra day.

HeatherERRN:
We wish you stayed another day as well.
Thank you for taking the time to contribute such a fantastic and detailed review. Thank you for communicating the details of so many of our programs, “we’ve got your bag” and that we are truly pet friendly.

We look forward to hosting your future visits to Miami.

NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

During my stay I there were people every where filling your glass with water and a slice of orange while you lounge by the pools. This was the best time I had ever had at any hotel! I highly recommend the Epic while you are in Miami beach. The service was fantastic and the rooms were beautitul and clean. The view of the water was tremendous! I stayed there for 3 days and I felt like I was at a spa! At the end of my vacation I didn't want to leave. The staff made me feel as if I were at home. I loved all of the little features too! Like the pools, the gym, the food, the staff and every thing in between! i highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a nice relaxing vacation.

• Stayed August 2009
Emily7587:
This was the best time I had ever had at any hotel! Ultimately; we want you to be relaxed, we want you to have fun, we want you to enjoy the service and we want you to return. Thank you so much for the extremely positive review we look forward to hosting your stay again in the future.

Resort Manager

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!