“EPIC impresses with its customer service and amenities!” 5 of 5 stars

25% Off + FREE Upgrade
Ranked #4 of 130 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Miami, FL
“EPIC impresses with its customer service and amenities!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

We stayed at the EPIC Hotel in Miami for our pre-wedding and night of the wedding. They were very accomodating in upgrade us to a suite as it was a special stay for us. Although one of the floors were flooded due to a busted pipe, they were able to still give us a room in a very nice location overlooking the water. We had other guests stay there as well and they were very impressed with the hotel too. The pool area, gym, and dining facilities are also top notch. We will not be shy about recommending the EPIC hotel, or any other hotels from the Kimpton chain.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2009
kennyf1130:
Congratulations on your wedding.
Thank you for taking the time to contribute such a fantastic review during such a pivotal moment in your life. Thank you also for communicating the details of your stay with us, we sincerely appreciate your comments regarding recommending our property and the impressive customer service and amenities on your wedding day.

We look forward to hosting your future anniversaries and hope to be able to continue to impress you with our style of service which intends to create momentous experiences and begin beautiful marriages.

1,945 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2009

My wife and I traveled to this hotel last weekend to celebrate my 30th birthday and we could not be more pleased with our experience. First off, the hotel is centrally located in Downtown Miami and is just yards away from the freeway exit. A cab ride to and from the hotel to the hotspots of South Beach will cost you around $25-30 each way.

Upon checking in to the hotel we were greeted warmly and were given the keys to our gorgeous room on the 25th floor overlooking the pool with breath-taking views of Biscayne Bay where we were able to relax out on our deck and gaze at the South Beach skyline and watch the huge cruise liners go in and out of port. Another added bonus was the free internet set-up in the room. When I read this from other reviewers I had thought it meant there was just free Wi-Fi in the rooms. However, there is actually a keyboard and monitor in the room that's wired to the internet. This was a major surprise and a huge bonus to our stay and we used it to keep up on our e-mail and check local restaurants.

While staying at EPIC we spent one entire morning/afternoon lounging around the pool area and it was fantastic. The pool staff are very friendly, will cater to all your food, beverage, or towel needs, and even surprised us with free frozen fruit popsicles while lounging poolside.

To top it all off, you can start every night off right with free happy hour wine while enjoying the beautiful weather and scenes outside of the Area 31 lounge.

All in all - I'm very happy we chose this hotel for our stay and if and when we go back to Miami we will not hesitate to book here again. There's definitely a reason why this hotel is rated #1 in downtown.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2009
Harlaxton0530:
Thank you for taking the time to contribute such a Simply Amazing review. Thank you also for communicating the details of your stay with us, we sincerely appreciate all the feedback regarding the friendly pool staff, the complimentary computers in all of our guest rooms and the complimentary wine hour provided daily.

We look forward to hosting your future visits to Miami.

miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2009

This was my 3rd time @ the Epic & I LOVE it! Even though I live in Miami, the Epic keeps me coming back.. Two nights of R&R here are like a week away for relaxation. Food @ Area31 is always fresh & tasty & the chef (John C) always stops by to say hello, making sure you're happy with the meal. Lunch by the pool is fantastic, especially with a bucket of chilled champagne & fresh strawberries- decadent, yet affordable! The rooms are not only beautiful & immaculate- they're sooooo comfortable. Best mattresses-zzzzzzz. Can't think of anywhere else that has beds this comfortable (and with gorgeous Frette linens!) Rooms are spacious with great views. Nice & quiet. Only problem is room service- why can't my food arrive as ordered AND hot? Each visit, had to send it back. Servers were very polite, but it's frustrating to call back, repeat order & wait again. Then, with luck, it arrives as ordered. (Still, it's better service than other Miami hotels) The pool is divine- perfect temperature, in fact, each pool has a slightly different temp, in case you like it warmer (as I do). And tthe pool staff (especially Ting-Ting!!!) is soooo helpful & cheery. The bar staff is super-excellent mixologists, (especially the two blondes). The bar manager is friendly & efficient & makes sure everytrhing runs smoothly- which it does!
This is a great hotel to duck into for a few days & take advantage of all of the amenities & never leave. You'll feel totally renewed and be able to eat, drink, play, relax, read & sleep all in one magnificent playground! Do yourself a favor and book a room (or suite) here- you'll be glad you did! My susperb experience here prompted me to become a Kimpton member & now I've also enjoyed other properties- Atlanta/Palomar & Vero Beach & of, course repeat visits to The Epic.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
miami305:
Thank you for taking the time to contribute your review. Thank you also for returning to our property. We appreciate your feedback regarding the details of your stay with us and acknowledging our employees. My apologies for your opportunities with In Room Dining; we will rectify immediately.

We look forward to hosting your future visits to Miami.

juniormint1111
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

My job consists of practically living on a plane and a few quick nights at various hotels. Usually we check into a major hotel chain because we know what to expect...and therefore are not too disappointed. But my coworker was given a tip to switch our reservations to the Epic hotel a couple days before we left. When I found out that it was a Kimpton hotel I was extremely excited having stayed at one back home (Washington, D.C.).

When we first pulled up there was some construction dust that had us a little nervous, but after the valet and doorman came up to our vehicle we were so giddy. They had the cutest/fashionable/sexy little outfits ever! With matching Fedoras!!! I don't think I will ever forget that. They were so nice and friendly. The front desk staff checked us in and informed us of the nightly events such as ice cream and popsicles in lobby.

When we went into our room we were immediately blown away. A beautiful sliding glass door led to the grand bathroom with the largest tub I've seen in a regular hotel suit. I would have jumped right in if I wasnt stunned frozen by the huge window cutout thingy that allowed you to see into the bedroom from the tub/pool in the bathroom. Oh, did I forget to mention the twin bowl sinks and rainforest-esque glass encased shower?!?! My bad...

So now the room. The bed was great, but I was still gawking at the beautiful bathroom. There was a huge flat screen t.v. on the wall and below it sat...wait for it...your own personal computer!!!!! What the #$*@&?!?! Amazing! I am in love. I would have sat at that computer all day if it wasnt for the beautiful balcony with sweeping views of the water and the two infinity pools below us.

The pools were great. The service was even better. They bring you water with citrus fruits cut up in the glasses. Fresh towels. Wonderful seating. Perfect water temperature. I can go on and on and on...

Trendy nightlife can be found in the lobby. I think you have to be beautiful in order to enter...or maybe the ambiance of the hotel just makes everyone look beautiful anyway?!?

The only semi negative thing I can possibly say is that menu at the restuarant menu tends to run on the exotic side. If thats cool with you then fine, but I'm a meat and potatoes type of person so it wasn't quite cutting it, but the drinks are strong and affordable...and who needs food when you can't see straight after one sip?

I am planning on staying overnight in Miami before my cruise next month and I would love to stay there again! Too bad I won't be able to put it on my company credit card!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
juniormint1111:
Wow, is all I can say too.
Thank you for taking the time to contribute such a detailed, yet humorous review. Thank you for communicating with us about the grand bathrooms, and the friendly service from both the Valet and doormen. My apologies regarding the dust upon arrival; we are currently creating a 1 acre green EPIC lawn adjacent to our property using sustainable materials for a menagerie of events.

We look forward to hosting your future visits to Miami and hope to be able to continue to impress you with our style of service which intends to exceed expectations and create unique experiences.

San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

First let me tell you that the hotel has an easy address, but can be a little confusing to find so you might want to call for specific directions before, if you are driving. I am always traveling on a budget and just so you know, the hotel will charge you a $100 hold for every night that you book. This hotel is amazing! We booked a city-view room through the Kimpton rewards program. Upon arrival they gave us a complimentary $10 for the Mini-bar, they upgraded us to a partial view of water-view at no charge, and allowed us to check-in well before 3PM. Our reservation also came with a complimentary beverage or a continental breakfast for each of us, each day. We did have to ask about this, but I think it was only because we were in such a hurry to get into our room upon check in. Breakfast can include eggs, toast, and hashbrowns which is great and so are the drink coupons since they are $13 a pop. We ate at Area 31 once and it was good, but a little pricey. I think you can find other places to eat downtown that are just as good, but won't have the view or the price. If you are spoiled from american fast food like us there is a quiznos, subway, and pizza hut within walking distance. There is also a CVS, a liquor store, and a number of different banks within walking distance, but there is an ATM on the 14th floor for you to use. Rooms are great and conviently come with a computer inside with free internet. Bathrooms come with huge bathtub and seperate walkin shower. View outside is breathtatking! Parking is a little expensive, but it is like that everywhere in Miami. If you are looking to go back and forth to South Beach you will need a car. The drive is not far at all, but in cabs that could add up. The bar on the lobby level seemed to be happening Fri-Sun, but we never checked it out (wish we would have).
Pool is the best thing at this hotel. Views are amazing and pool service is great they will set up your chairs with towels, bring your ice water with oranges, they have suntan lotion if you need it, reading materials, cabanas are huge, they bring you fresh fruit, and they keep the drinks coming. The complimentary wine hour is worth the stay at the pool and it is a great touch for the hotel.
I never saw any children on our 5 day stay, but the hotel does welcome dogs which I found to be so adorable they even put out welcome signs for them with doggie treats. Too cute! As everyone has said, the service is 5star for sure. Everyone is so friendly and they never make you feel away from home.Overall I would totally go back to Epic. I had a blast and can't wait to go back. There is a reason this hotel is #1. Stop thinking about it and just go!

joscelyngo39:
Stop thinking about it and just go; wow, thank you for taking the time to contribute such a fantastic review. Thank you for not only communicating the details of your stay with us; we also sincerely appreciate all the feedback regarding the area, your guest room and our great pool service. We are both children and pet friendly.

We look forward to hosting your future visits to Miami and hope to be able to continue to impress you with our style of service.

Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

We stayed for 5 days. We would stay at the four seasons, but I am permanently checking for news, so i decided to try the Epic. We Had a great stay. Very nice staff, extremely friendly and always wanting to please us. We stayed at Club Level and it was even greater. I always check trip advisor before booking, so be sure that my comment is a critic one. Book with no fear. You will love it. Paulo Nascif, Brazil.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2009
Paulonascif:
Thank you for the powerful yet succinct contribution. We love seeing the comments regarding our employees as: very nice, extremely friendly and always wanting to please.
We look forward to hosting your future visits to Miami and to be able to continue to impress you.

boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

I was a little concerned that my business partner chose the Epic because it just recently opened. WOW was I pleasantly suprised. The rooms have great King beds and a seriously large bath, shower and double vanity. All very modern. The small deck overlooking the water was perfect for 2 chairs and a small table. The pool and cabanas were great except that it was windy when we were there. Great gym overlooking the pool.
One of my pet peeves is that I like the hallway of the hotel to be quiet, which the hotel really has no control over, however, even the maids tried to stay quiet while preparing to clean the rooms. We didn't eat in the restaurant , but most people enjoyed it. We got back to the hotel on the later side one night and wanted a nightcap. Although the bar was technically closed, the bar manager offered us up a couple of cold beers ( we had been down for a drink before we left for dinner) and told us we could stay as long as we'd like. Not wanting to overstay our welcome we just had the one. The blingual staff was very helpful in arranging for reservations at dinner. The hotel manager on duty, Mr Jollson was more like a family member only too eager to talk to us and show us around the hotel. They also have free coffee and tea in the am. Next time I go I want to bring my wife so she can enjoy the experience as much as I did.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
pomeroy41144:
Thank you for taking the time to contribute such a fantastic review. Thank you also for communicating the details of your stay with us, we sincerely appreciate all the feedback regarding the WOW you experienced throughout your stay.

Resort Manager

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!