“"Wow" is all I can say.” 5 of 5 stars

Up to 30% off
Ranked #7 of 115 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
juniormint1111
“"Wow" is all I can say.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

My job consists of practically living on a plane and a few quick nights at various hotels. Usually we check into a major hotel chain because we know what to expect...and therefore are not too disappointed. But my coworker was given a tip to switch our reservations to the Epic hotel a couple days before we left. When I found out that it was a Kimpton hotel I was extremely excited having stayed at one back home (Washington, D.C.).

When we first pulled up there was some construction dust that had us a little nervous, but after the valet and doorman came up to our vehicle we were so giddy. They had the cutest/fashionable/sexy little outfits ever! With matching Fedoras!!! I don't think I will ever forget that. They were so nice and friendly. The front desk staff checked us in and informed us of the nightly events such as ice cream and popsicles in lobby.

When we went into our room we were immediately blown away. A beautiful sliding glass door led to the grand bathroom with the largest tub I've seen in a regular hotel suit. I would have jumped right in if I wasnt stunned frozen by the huge window cutout thingy that allowed you to see into the bedroom from the tub/pool in the bathroom. Oh, did I forget to mention the twin bowl sinks and rainforest-esque glass encased shower?!?! My bad...

So now the room. The bed was great, but I was still gawking at the beautiful bathroom. There was a huge flat screen t.v. on the wall and below it sat...wait for it...your own personal computer!!!!! What the #$*@&?!?! Amazing! I am in love. I would have sat at that computer all day if it wasnt for the beautiful balcony with sweeping views of the water and the two infinity pools below us.

The pools were great. The service was even better. They bring you water with citrus fruits cut up in the glasses. Fresh towels. Wonderful seating. Perfect water temperature. I can go on and on and on...

Trendy nightlife can be found in the lobby. I think you have to be beautiful in order to enter...or maybe the ambiance of the hotel just makes everyone look beautiful anyway?!?

The only semi negative thing I can possibly say is that menu at the restuarant menu tends to run on the exotic side. If thats cool with you then fine, but I'm a meat and potatoes type of person so it wasn't quite cutting it, but the drinks are strong and affordable...and who needs food when you can't see straight after one sip?

I am planning on staying overnight in Miami before my cruise next month and I would love to stay there again! Too bad I won't be able to put it on my company credit card!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2009
juniormint1111:
Wow, is all I can say too.
Thank you for taking the time to contribute such a detailed, yet humorous review. Thank you for communicating with us about the grand bathrooms, and the friendly service from both the Valet and doormen. My apologies regarding the dust upon arrival; we are currently creating a 1 acre green EPIC lawn adjacent to our property using sustainable materials for a menagerie of events.

We look forward to hosting your future visits to Miami and hope to be able to continue to impress you with our style of service which intends to exceed expectations and create unique experiences.

Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (631)
San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

First let me tell you that the hotel has an easy address, but can be a little confusing to find so you might want to call for specific directions before, if you are driving. I am always traveling on a budget and just so you know, the hotel will charge you a $100 hold for every night that you book. This hotel is amazing! We booked a city-view room through the Kimpton rewards program. Upon arrival they gave us a complimentary $10 for the Mini-bar, they upgraded us to a partial view of water-view at no charge, and allowed us to check-in well before 3PM. Our reservation also came with a complimentary beverage or a continental breakfast for each of us, each day. We did have to ask about this, but I think it was only because we were in such a hurry to get into our room upon check in. Breakfast can include eggs, toast, and hashbrowns which is great and so are the drink coupons since they are $13 a pop. We ate at Area 31 once and it was good, but a little pricey. I think you can find other places to eat downtown that are just as good, but won't have the view or the price. If you are spoiled from american fast food like us there is a quiznos, subway, and pizza hut within walking distance. There is also a CVS, a liquor store, and a number of different banks within walking distance, but there is an ATM on the 14th floor for you to use. Rooms are great and conviently come with a computer inside with free internet. Bathrooms come with huge bathtub and seperate walkin shower. View outside is breathtatking! Parking is a little expensive, but it is like that everywhere in Miami. If you are looking to go back and forth to South Beach you will need a car. The drive is not far at all, but in cabs that could add up. The bar on the lobby level seemed to be happening Fri-Sun, but we never checked it out (wish we would have).
Pool is the best thing at this hotel. Views are amazing and pool service is great they will set up your chairs with towels, bring your ice water with oranges, they have suntan lotion if you need it, reading materials, cabanas are huge, they bring you fresh fruit, and they keep the drinks coming. The complimentary wine hour is worth the stay at the pool and it is a great touch for the hotel.
I never saw any children on our 5 day stay, but the hotel does welcome dogs which I found to be so adorable they even put out welcome signs for them with doggie treats. Too cute! As everyone has said, the service is 5star for sure. Everyone is so friendly and they never make you feel away from home.Overall I would totally go back to Epic. I had a blast and can't wait to go back. There is a reason this hotel is #1. Stop thinking about it and just go!

joscelyngo39:
Stop thinking about it and just go; wow, thank you for taking the time to contribute such a fantastic review. Thank you for not only communicating the details of your stay with us; we also sincerely appreciate all the feedback regarding the area, your guest room and our great pool service. We are both children and pet friendly.

We look forward to hosting your future visits to Miami and hope to be able to continue to impress you with our style of service.

Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

We stayed for 5 days. We would stay at the four seasons, but I am permanently checking for news, so i decided to try the Epic. We Had a great stay. Very nice staff, extremely friendly and always wanting to please us. We stayed at Club Level and it was even greater. I always check trip advisor before booking, so be sure that my comment is a critic one. Book with no fear. You will love it. Paulo Nascif, Brazil.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2009
Paulonascif:
Thank you for the powerful yet succinct contribution. We love seeing the comments regarding our employees as: very nice, extremely friendly and always wanting to please.
We look forward to hosting your future visits to Miami and to be able to continue to impress you.

boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

I was a little concerned that my business partner chose the Epic because it just recently opened. WOW was I pleasantly suprised. The rooms have great King beds and a seriously large bath, shower and double vanity. All very modern. The small deck overlooking the water was perfect for 2 chairs and a small table. The pool and cabanas were great except that it was windy when we were there. Great gym overlooking the pool.
One of my pet peeves is that I like the hallway of the hotel to be quiet, which the hotel really has no control over, however, even the maids tried to stay quiet while preparing to clean the rooms. We didn't eat in the restaurant , but most people enjoyed it. We got back to the hotel on the later side one night and wanted a nightcap. Although the bar was technically closed, the bar manager offered us up a couple of cold beers ( we had been down for a drink before we left for dinner) and told us we could stay as long as we'd like. Not wanting to overstay our welcome we just had the one. The blingual staff was very helpful in arranging for reservations at dinner. The hotel manager on duty, Mr Jollson was more like a family member only too eager to talk to us and show us around the hotel. They also have free coffee and tea in the am. Next time I go I want to bring my wife so she can enjoy the experience as much as I did.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
pomeroy41144:
Thank you for taking the time to contribute such a fantastic review. Thank you also for communicating the details of your stay with us, we sincerely appreciate all the feedback regarding the WOW you experienced throughout your stay.

Monterey Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

My husband and I travel quite a bit and I have to say that the Epic Hotel in Miami is truly epic! We've stayed at other top quality hotels, but this hotel tops our list! We had stayed there for 3 nights about two weeks ago after a week long cruise and staying there was a great way to end our nice vacation.

We received an awesome deal from travelzoo and was able to book a king premier room with a balcony. The balcony over looked a part of the waterway and downtown area. Really nice! From the time we checked in, the staff was very welcoming and very pleasant. I was so impressed with how they allowed us to check in at such an early time as we left from our cruise real early in the morning. The rooms at the Epic is a whole other story. Very spacious and very clean equipped with more ammenities than you would expect at other lavish hotels. The bathroom is huge and very modern contemporary. It even has a window looking into the bedroom area. I enjoyed the flat screen desk top computer with free wi-fi (very convenient!), the flat screen tv, and the ever so comfortable beds!

The pool area is very nice with awesome views of downtown and the waterway. They have several pool areas to hang out at which is very pleasant as it wasn't crowded at all. When we went to hang out at the pool one day, the workers were always so attentive and so kind to refill our water glasses whenever they noticed it was half full! We also needed some information about renting a car and ended up talking to the conceirge at Epic. Not only was he very helpful and informative, but he also gave us some great tips on where to go and hang out around the dowtown Miami area as well as South Beach. Very helpful! If you plan to be out on the night on the town, the hotel is isn't too centralized. However, they do have River Lounge, a nice classy lounge bar to hang out at for drinks and to mingle as well as Area 31 at the hotel. If you plan to go out somewhere in South Beach, it is about a 15 minute drive and would cost about $25 for taxi ride. .

Our last night we decided to rest and stay in. We ordered room service and I was again impressed with how prompt they are. Although the food was very delicious, it was a bit pricey. One plate cost us about $40.

Overall, the Epic hotel in Miami is one hotel I would definitely return to. If you're looking for great top quality, great service, and a pleasant experience, Epic a Kimpton hotel in Miami was the hotel that provided that for my husband and I! We look forward to returning back to the Epic in Miami in the future!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2009
MiaLora77:
Thank you for taking the time to write such a fabulous contribution.
We are so happy that you mentioned our quality, great service, and overall experience. We look forward to your return.
Warm Regards,
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

I recently booked a weekend stay at the Epic at the end of a 4 week Florida holiday. I travelled with my wife and 3 young children.

The main highlight of this hotel are the employees. All staff were polite, courteous & friendly without being overbearing. Management obviously place a great deal of emphasis on customer service and it shows. People underestimate how effective a smile is and everyone who works here is smiling.

Being ranked the #1 Miami hotel on Tripadvisor is why I booked and its good to see the hotel being proactive with its management responses to some of the posts here.

My only tip if you are planning to stay at this property is to join the free Kimpton In Touch program. You may get lucky and be sent an email with a exclusive member offer (as I did) that can save you hundreds of dollars over normal rates.

This is a great hotel for a short break with a great pool area. I highly recommend it.

If they read this - here are a few very minor suggestions for the hotel management......

- The pool has several tiles missing on the external walls - these are quite sharp and could be nasty for a child.

- You advertise kiddie packs for children....we didn't get any and doesn't look like a reviewer below did either - no biggie, but if you promote it in the room, literature and online - you need to offer it.

- You need some new glasswear/plastic wine glasses for the evening reception. You only had a dozen wine glasses and the rest of us drank wine from whisky tumblers each night, which were filthy dirty. I noticed Wal Mart had some nice blue plastic ones for $3 each - a bargain!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
RichB4Kids:
Thank you for your fantastic review and for your candid feedback. We appreciate you mentioning that the highlight of your stay were the employees. Ultimately, we are not satisfied unless we exceed our guests expectations. Regarding your suggestions all have been rectified. Thank you again for the review and your suggestions; we look forward to your return.
Warm Regards,
Jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Epic Hotel over Labor Day weekend, and we were not disappointed. We had previously stayed at the Kimpton's Hotel Madera in Washington DC, and so we purposely stayed at a Kimpton during our trip to Miami. As a member of Kimpton's free InTouch club, we took advantage of a $99/night special, and it was completely worth it.

The weather wasn't so great, but the hotel was so enjoyable that we didn't mind hanging out there for the evening. I would recommend Kimpton's hotels to anyone interested in something different than the regular hotel chains. Do yourself a favor, and join their InTouch club. They run specials all the time, and it's a great benefit.

Also, I noticed when I was reading reviews on here for the hotel restaurant Area 31, there were some that made me a little hesitant to give it a shot. Well, my husband and I dined there our first night, and it was awesome. The service was exceptional, and the food was diverse and delicious. I can see how anyone that is very picky about their food might not enjoy it, but if you're like me and willing to try anything, I would highly recommend it.

One tip: Be prepared to pay the $30/night for overnight parking though. It's valet-only. We weren't expecting that, and didn't have very many small bills.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2009
rwolfe618:
Thank you for taking the time to contribute your review. Thank you for communicating some of the details of your stay with us, we sincerely appreciate all the feedback regarding our Kimpton In Touch guest loyalty program.

We look forward to hosting your future visits to Miami.

Resort Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Coconut Grove
4.0 of 5 stars 1,126 reviews
Conrad Miami
#8 of 115 in Miami
4.5 of 5 stars 1,313 reviews

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!