“Loved it! Wish I was still there!” 5 of 5 stars

Up to 30% off
Ranked #7 of 113 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
New York
“Loved it! Wish I was still there!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2009

Loved the spacious, well designed rooms, balconies and luxurious marble bathrooms with a big bath, rain shower and double basins. So much more value for money than staying in SoBe. I loved the sleek decor throughout the public areas. The service makes you feel like the staff really care. The 2 big pools surrounded by lovely day beds and cabanas are fantastic, as are the very pampering staff. It's so nice that they bring around fresh fruit and waters etc.. The whole hotel has lovely extra touches, including free drinks and nibbles in the evening. The bed was really comfortable.

It cost about $25 in a taxi to get to SoBe, which we did each evening, but it was nice to stay away from the hustle and bustle. It was great as a couple as the hotel felt quite secluded and the pool was not very busy, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it if you want to meet people. It may get busier once it has been open longer. However, the bar seems to get very busy on Friday and Saturday nights with a dressy crowd, presumably of locals.

The rooms facing the water have mixed water and city views, but in fact the city views are quite interesting.

We paid around $180 for the ocean view room on the net, but I believe the hotel would have matched any internet price and also given us loyalty program points and free wireless (which we didn't need given the computer in each room).

The breakfasts were great - fluffy good quality croissants and divine chocolate buttermilk pancakes. The rooms service menu is wonderfully healthy. The food was good, but not exceptional.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (624)
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2009

Absolutely outstanding service and accommodations. The whole staff from the valet service to the room service personnel really made us feel like we were very special. Not one person gave us the feeling that we were in their way or were bothering them. The accomodations were one of the best I have ever seen. The food was excellent. If I could give this hotel a rating of 6 I would do it without hesitation. Thanks for making us feel special!

Ken and Carmen S.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
raleigh nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

Just came back from a relaxing weekend stay at the Epic... what a beautiful, trendy, clean hotel! The staff were awesome. The drinks were amazing from the complimentary wine reception that featured sangria to the mojito I ordered poolside...the pool staff very helpful and friendly. Great conceirge staff! Thanks to everyone for making my stay a memorable and enjoyable one!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2009
ob1reddmann:
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at the EPIC. We are happy that your review noted the awesome staff, amazing drinks and beautiful property. Developing our employees to create unique, personalized, memorable guest experiences are paramount.
Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your return.
Warm Regards
Sean McKeen
Resort Manager
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Epic last weekend as part of their anniversary promotion for Kimpton In Touch members. This was an opportunity for us to take advantage of a great rate at an awesome hotel!

I am familiar with the Kimpton level of service, but I have to say that the staff at the Epic far exceeded my expectations. Everything from check-in to the wine reception to the quality of the room was top notch.

I am looking forward to my next stay in Miami and will definitely stay here again! Highly recommended.

New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

The Epic hotel was a pleasant surprise for Miami. I frequent the area and I can honestly say Miami hotels typically offer "run of the mill" service. The Epic was quite different. I experienced amazing service from the first moment I arrived. Although, since the hotel is new, the taxi dropped me off on the corner, because the driver got lost. When I walked up the driveway the doorman rushed over to help me with my bags. This was just the beginning of an excellent stay.

The front office staff were personable and the concierge was excellent. The concierge even hand delivered a confirmation for a spa appointment nearby. The hotel spa was still under construction, but I look forward to visiting again and enjoying their Exhale spa, which will be on the 15th floor.

I worked out at the gym during my stay. It is located just off the pool deck. I was glad the gym had free weights and a variety of weight machines. I was able to get a full workout, instead of just doing cardio.

I had at least one meal each day at the restaurant, Area 31, which has some of the best yellowtail tuna! The drinks are excellent...try the hand crafted cocktails, all of which are $12. Typical for the high quality. Room service was also good. If you ask, they will allow you to order items from the restaurant menu or the bar for room service delivery. I noticed that some of the desserts Area 31 offered were not on the menu. They gladly accommodated my requests each time.

The only thing to consider is location, but I am reluctant to stay on South Beach after years of traveling to Miami, because the room rates for the better hotels are ridiculous for the poor service. I would rather stay in the Brickell area where the new upscale hotels are located, then cab or drive to the beach. Otherwise, you are not missing much on SOBE. It is not like it used to be only a few years ago. I would rather stay at an "adult" hotel, like the epic. There was a cool bar/nightclub on the lobby level. I did not have a chance to check it out, but it was lively each time I passed by.

The room was over the top. I was in a corner suite and the wrap around balcony had views of the bay and the surrounding skyscrapers. I enjoyed the view because I could see if I-395 was busy. Perfect for planning my trek to SOBE for the nightlife (future visit). I did not realize there was a busy music conference on the beach this weekend, so I did not actually travel to SOBE, a few friends took me to the northern part of Miami Beach where it was less crowded.

I was surprised to see the Acqua Di Parma amenities at this hotel. I am a fan of Kimpton and they typically offer Aveda or L'Occitane amenities, but this hotel clearly is a notch above the Kimpton properties I have experienced. They are all pleasant, but the Epic felt more like a five star hotel than a four star hotel. I stayed at the Mandarin the last time I was in town and it did not come close, except the pool at the Mandarin was not as windy. But who goes to the pool anyway, except to drink and eat. I come to Miami to hit the beach.

The restaurant has an excellent brunch on Sunday with live music for $64 (with taxes). It may seem like a lot for those looking to dine on the cheap, but let me tell you, the caviar and fresh lobster were well worth the extra coin.

Book a suite and you can leave your computer at home. I had a personal computer workstation in my suite and the bathroom was large enough to enjoy plenty of intimate relaxation. Especially with the hydro-spa tub and the spacious rain shower. The bathroom even had a balcony. A big wow!

I traveled to Coral Gables to visit friends and to what would be called the midtown area and it was only about 15 minutes in each direction, which made for a pleasant in-town travel situation. Therefore, the hotel is centrally located to the areas I love. I used to stay at the Biltmore a couple years back, but I got tired of the 30 minute drive from Coral Gables to SOBE, but I was addicted to the adult feel of the hotel. Now, I have a new place to call home when I travel to Miami. The Epic was spectacular!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

We booked into the Epic for a one night stopover in Miami on the strength of the Trip Advisor reviews. It was great! From the friendly smiling staff who didn't bat an eyelid at our two jetlagged children dashing into the pool at night to the wonderful bathrooms - loved the open plan wall which allowed one to lie in the bath and watch tv! We were all too tired to dine in the restaurant so ordered a few dishes to snack on by the pool - these were fresh and delicious. Breakfast on the terrace was great - fab eggs benedict - before another swim. The cabanas by the pool are stylish and relaxing - we would have liked to have stayed longer. Would definitely recommend this place, both to couples and families.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

totally loved it, didn't want to leave but the $81/night deal was only good for 3 nights and i wanted to get at least 1 day & night on the beach. There's alot of construction closeby and a drawbridge but the rooms are the most soundproof that i've ever stayed in. The restaurant staff messed our order twice but the manager was reading my mind both times and personally delivered the food and put it on his tab. the pool deck attendant (tingting) is great. she showed us the free cabana that has a wii for hotel guests to entertain themselves during the 3 rainy days we had. they also gave us complimentary fruit kabobs poolside. the pool had several types of cabanas ranging from $200/day to free.
the restaurant was very tasty and surprisingly cheap for a hotel restaurant.
the room was huge, the bedding was amazing quality, the balcony was huge and clean, There was a free desktop with free wireless in the computer. The maid service brought us the NY Times, Miami Herald, free bottled water and apples everyday. the mini bar had alittle extra space to store some leftovers...Did i say the bedding was super soft, high quality and crisp. The standup rainfall showerhead was effecient and blissfull. the soaking tub was large enough for two. The lobby was amazing a day & night. The lounge was a hot spot on Fri & Sat nights so you don't really need to leave the hotel. But if u'd like, Little havana, Downtown and Bayside are w/in walking distance. The Midtown Mall and Sobe are short busrides away.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Coconut Grove
Viceroy Miami
#15 of 113 in Miami
4.0 of 5 stars 1,108 reviews
Four Seasons Hotel Miami

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!