“Staying at the Epic truly is Epic!!!” 5 of 5 stars

25% Off + FREE Upgrade
Ranked #5 of 130 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Staying at the Epic truly is Epic!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

I stayed here with my husband for two nights prior to leaving on a cruise. The hotel is located a short drive from the Port of Miami and South Beach! We loved this hotel! The service was amazing! The staff was so attentive and professional. Even down to calling you a cab, and bringing you cold water as you waited outside - there was always someone nearby to make sure your needs were being attended to. The hotel also has a great "happy hour" each evening with free red and white wine and sangria, which was a great way to wind down after a long day at the beach! Our room on the 25th floor was spacious, beautiful and clean! The bed was so comfortable, and it also had a terrace with a great view of the city and the water! Also, the rooms have free internet access. I could go on and on about how much we loved this hotel. Our only regret is not staying longer! We had an amazing experience here, and we will definitely be returning to this, and other Kimpton hotels in the future!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

1,930 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
phoenix, az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2009

I love Kimptons, and that was the reason I booked my stay at Epic, but I must say, for the first time ever, a hotel has exceeded my expectations. The rooms at Epic are simply gorgeous, and the service is amazing. Whatever it is, you just have to ask for it, and the staff make it happen.

The hotel is within a short walking distance of Key Brickell, a most charming little island with a walking/jogging trail boasting incredible views of the Bay. There are plenty of great restaurants nearby. I didn't rent a car and walked everywhere, and felt very safe. I caught a city bus to South Beach, and that was easy and comfortable, and for $2 you can't beat it!

I skipped breakfast at the hotel and instead went to Starbuck's two blocks away. There is also a CVS on the same block,which is super convenient.

The only negative experience I had was at the restaurant - Area 31. While the service is still very friendly and attentive, the food is not good, and menu selections are very limited. There is no ambiance whatsoever. The restaurant gives you the feeling of being at a bus station. On the other hand, the simple lunch time menu at the pool is great and very reasonably priced. And they really go out of their way to serve you.

Don't miss the wine reception/social hour 5-6 p.m by the pool. It is hosted by their concierge staff, who are super gracious, friendly and knowledgeable.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2009

We stayed at the Kimpton for one night after a long flight from the UK (about a 15 minute drive from the airport). The hotel is amazingly plush and glamourous, but the location in the heart of the business district leaves it feeling a little bleak and impersonal. I would definitely recommend it for a one or two night stay, but not for a longer holiday - all the action is down on South Beach, which unfortunately is not walking distance from the hotel.

On the plus side, the rooms were beautifully decorated, spacious and comfortable with free internet access , amazing views and a lovely bathroom. The 16th floor swimming pool is wonderful, again with stunning views across the bay - however, it can get very windy so worth bagging one of the private pool cabanas to shelter from the wind.

Cocktails from the bar were large and expensive - we didn't eat in the hotel, but walked to a local restaurant.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2009
gingerwife:
Thank you for staying with us and for your review. We are happy that your review noted amazingly plush facilities and beautifully appointed rooms. Developing our concierge team to create personalized, guest experiences are paramount. The next time you are in town for a short stay; please allow us to create a unique experience in vibrant downtown Miami. There are plenty of new hot locales; perhaps you needed a few recommendations.
Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your return.
Best Regards
Sean McKeen
Resort Manager
Lima - Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2009

Great hotel!!! I stayed there for two days and the experience was unique. The room was huge and clean, with a great view of the bay and the pool (18 th floor). Also it had a computer with free internet an TV plasma. The bathroom was stylish and had a glassless window through to the bedroom, had a rain shower and a tub.

I didn`t go to the restaurant so I didn`t have the opportunity to try the food.

I defintely recommend this hotel

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
dc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

Fantanstic. Every person has a smile on their face. Every person has a desire to service you. Every person wants to make a difference in your stay. This hotel tells a great story. It is the BEST.
Great location, Great views, Great food, Great service, Great people, Great rooms

This location has it ALL---

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Treasure Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

When my husband was booked on the Heat basketball gig and we got our confirmation for the hotel booking, I said "The Epic? What is an "Epic"? I've never heard of them." So I checked out the website. It sure looked nice, but I had not been and I didn't know anyone else that had been, so I really didn't know what to expect. From the moment we arrived, tired from the 5 hour drive, we were truly treated like royality by every staff member we encountered. Valet, Bell and Check-in were smooth, swift and friendly. Before we knew it, we were in our gorgeous room with a bucket of ice and a breath-taking view. We cleaned up in the soaking tub and spacious shower and then sat on our balcony to take in the cool Miami night. It didn't take long until the bed called to us to sink into it's luxurious softness. I have to say it was one of the best nights sleep I have ever had!! The next day as we left to walk down to the Arena, we asked directions from one of the staff. As he walked us down to the street to see us in the right direction, he asked us how our room was. We told him how lovely we thought it was and he asked if we had a coffee-maker. I told him we didn't and that we would love to have a coffee-maker in the room since we had already had to order two pots of coffee...it being one of our favorite drinks. A couple of hours later, after we had gotten back from our walk, our coffee-maker arrived - along with a lovely hand-written note and a plate of fruit. We were so stunningly touched by this. We are both well traveled and we travel quite a bit with my husband's job - but we have never had such friendly and personal service at any of the other hotels we have stayed in. The staff at the Epic really go above and beyond - and are the reason we will make a point of returning. While the hotel itself is really beautiful, it is the staff that sets it apart from all of the others. It was an absolutely Blissful week-end that we spent at the Epic. There IS still at least ONE hotel that understands that SERVICE makes all the difference in the world in a time when so many other hotels seem to have forgotten this important fact. We look forward to our next visit.

Atlanta Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

I travel a lot with my job, so it takes an impressive hotel for me to do a review. Epic hotel was not only beautiful, but the service was amazing. We never heard the word no. From a lint brush to making copies to taking two buckets of ice to a meeting offsite with us (if we promised to return them), they accomodated every need. And Area 31 was an amazing restaurant. The food was delish!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!