“Epic Vacation” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Orlando, Florida
“Epic Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This was our 1st time staying at a Kimpton property and we were so impressed. We were upgraded to a large King Suite with stunning views of the bay and city. We had a very large balcony with a chaise lounge and a table and 4 chairs. We sat out there every night and watched the boats go by and every morning we got up to watch the sun rise. The room had a ton of space and a sleeper sofa. It does have a mini bar but not fridge to keep water cool but they offer turn down service at night and fill your ice bucket.

The pool area was great. Plenty of chairs and towels. Because of the tall building the pool only gets full sun in the am but that is ok in the heat of the day you want some shade. One of the pools is heated and the other is not.

The location is fabulous! Very walkable to everything. Make sure you stop at the concierges desk for a map of places that are walkable from the hotel. Lots of choices. The wifi is free if you are a Kimpton Karma member. It is free to join. Parking is pricey...$40 a day for valet and no self park option but it is in the heart of downtown so that is the going rate as parking is hard to find. If you do need to get your car make sure you call for it 15 to 20 minutes before you need it as the valet gets crazy busy.

Gene at the concierges desk went above and beyond to make our stay special. He even surprised us with a cake as it was my birthday. I had also wanted fresh coconut water but had no way to open the coconut I purchased so Gene went above and beyond to get it open for us! Gene took good stay and made it an AMAZING stay.
I highly recommend this hotel. We will stay here again!!!! I would give them 10 stars if I could.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (624)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

I stayed here with my boyfriend before a cruise leaving from Miami. Beautiful room, great service and location. We faced the water and had a beautiful view. The hotel has a "scene" vibe going on, at least on the weekend which is when we were there. I enjoyed that, but point it out in case that's not your thing.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I do not recommend this hotel. Stay Far away. It's filthy! There was a rock in our room. As we were trying to kill or, we moved the couch and found all sorts of trash under the couch. Beer bottle tops,condom wrappers,just disgusting.

Room Tip: Don't stay at the Epic if you want a good clean room.
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Have stayed at the this property several times over the past 5 years, and it remains a well run, great place to stay. Superior downtown location, rooms, and amenities. I am from Miami but now live in Tampa, but like to stay at this property when I return for business. And the price is very competitive. I have had very good experiences with all of the Kimpton hotels. Recommend!

Room Tip: Like high floors
princeton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I was in Miami for business recently and had not been there in many years. I had always stayed at other hot spots so was new to Epic. My experience was great. I was upgraded to an extraordinary view on the 30th floor, enjoyed an above average massage, relaxed in a deep soaker tub while looking out at the Bay and had perfect meals and service. The staff was down to earth and friendly and super helpful. The AV guy helped me with even silly requests and seemed delighted to do so. Clearly they put customer service and perfection as a top priority. Well done!

Room Tip: go high up
Green Features: there is an obvious commitment to the environment in spite of the luxurious amenities
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled on business
Ericka N, General Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
jill m:

WOW, what a huge compliment. We love it when our guests appreciate our level of service. There really is no greater compliment. Also, I am glad you had chance to enjoy our bath tubs. Once you're in, you never want to leave. Come visit us in Miami again soon. We can't wait to show you another great time.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My family and I stayed at EPIC during our stay in Miami and we had an awesome time. It is located perfectly in downtown Miami and puts you within walking distance to everything. You have an amazing view of the water. Whole Foods is two blocks away if you need groceries and you're a short walk from Bayside Marketplace if you need to dash quickly to a store or depart on bus or boat tour. The pool and front desk service at EPIC was excellent. Everyone was very accommodating and we were even upgraded to a suite (thanks Carmen!) which made the trip even better! Although my son was with us, my husband and I were celebrating our anniversary so this was a bonus. The rooms were very comfortable, but could use a deep cleaning. Housekeeping was terrible! They were slow and did a subpar job. The foot at Area 31 was HORRIBLE and I agree with other travelers who have stated that so I wasn't really all that surprised. The lobby is impeccable and so beautiful! Very calm and inviting upon arrival. The bell staff was awesome! Rooftop pool was amazing and the Cabanas are very comfortable, but be sure to get in your sun before 3pm because it gets windy and you lose all sunshine afterwards because of the other high-rises and where the building is situated. Overall, because of our great service by the staff I give this hotel an excellent rating and I would absolutely return on my next trip. (Albeit, I'm hoping the rooms will be refreshed and the cleaning staff gets better)

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade. We had a view which faced the draw bridge.
  • Stayed June 2015, traveled with family
Ms_Blu:

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. It's incredibly helpful to have guests who provide us with such thorough feedback. It's useful to know all of this as it gives us the tools to continually improve. Carmen is a great asset to our team and I am delighted that you had a chance to work with her. I am disappointed to hear about your time in the restaurant however. There should never be an experience like this at one of our hotels. I can promise you that we will be working to improve on everything that you mentioned to us. We look forward to your return and showing you all of the great improvements we have made.
England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Downtown location is good, you can catch the bus to the beach with the stop being a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Free internet if you sign up to be a Kimpton member. Clean and comfortable size rooms.
I usually stay here for short business trips in Miami however no one responded to me when I queried about being changed for valet parking which is $40 that I did not use. Therefore I am disappointed and will not be back.

Room Tip: Money worth spending on a water view room.
Heather_UK11:

Thank you for reaching out to us. I appreciate all of your great compliments about the hotel, however I am perturbed that no one responded to you. If you would like to call the hotel, I am sure that we can remedy this for you. I would hate for you to leave without being fully satisfied from start to finish.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Coconut Grove
Viceroy Miami
#15 of 113 in Miami
4.0 of 5 stars 1,107 reviews
Four Seasons Hotel Miami

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!