“Great place in downtown Miami” 5 of 5 stars

Fly South w/ 20% off
Ranked #5 of 110 Hotels in Miami
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great place in downtown Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Had a pleasant stay in suite that was large enough to accommodate family of five. Hotel staff was attentive and helpful. Spent one morning at the day spa. Services were excellent and reasonably priced. Rooms and common areas were up to date and well kept. Hotel located in the city about 15 minutes from south beach.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (577)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Archy greeted us warmly, making us feel welcome and comfortable immediately. We arrived early so he gave us good advice on places to hang out while our room was prepared. Kevin set us up in a luxurious room with a spectacular view. (See the attached photos).

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
nyc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This hotel has pretty good facilities (pol, spa, location for downtown conventions) I just wish the service were better. It is very average for hotels of this caliber.
There is a long line at the desk every time
We asked for a maid saying we were leaving the room and 2 hours later when we came home she was in the room. We very nicely asked for privacy to change since we had to be somewhere and she huffed and puffed and slammed the door then rudely knocked 5 min later.
In many fine hotels when you ask for packing assistance they can provide it, especially when you have to move rooms for them to honor a request for a king bed. There was no assistance and a very long wait for laundry bags I asked for.
The bill was totally wrong- they charged us for parking when we didn't have a car and for two whole meals we never ordered.
No one goes out of their way, it's he basics and you have to ask for that yourself, too. Don't come here to relax and be pampered. If you have work and get s good rate on line it's the best value at a higher quality hotel you can get if you must be in the area.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Epic hotel in Miami is fantastic. Service is second to none, staff is very professional and goes out of their way to be helpful. Accommodations are absolutely the best--highly recommend the Epic for a memorable stay.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Joliette, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I read a lot of reviews about Epic Hotel in downtown Miami before booking and I dont regret at all our stay in a Club room at top storeys of the hotel.
We have also a very good note about free wine apero offered in the lobby around 5 PM.
I read bad critics about the club lounge and I must write that it's honnest for an american hotel which often offer lest services, glamour and gratuites then hotels in Asia!
Because bad critics about breakfast in the club lounge, we got buffet breakfast at restaurant Area 31´s terrace near very nice pools and lounge but buffet breakfast wasn't impressive and a bit pricy for what is offered.
So if you stay in a club room, accept free simple breakfast offered which is as good as the buffet breakfast offered at Area 31 restaurant.
We also had a delicious japanese diner at Zuma restaurant which was a bit pricy but however we want to visit it again.....in London UK next summer. It was one of the best japanese tasting menu we had ...even in Tokyo, Kyoto or Nagoya in Japan !
So EPIC hotel in downtown Miami is a very good choice for few nights before or after cruising.

Room Tip: It's thrue that insonorisation of room is poor for a 5 stars hotels !
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Nantes
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The room and the hotel were beautiful, but the service was very poor (especially around the pool, very dirty after 2 pm), not what we can expect for such a hotel.
The DJ was very good, but It's not very nice to be on the pool with such a loud music. At least it would be fine to reduce significantly the volume.

Stayed April 2015
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The staff at this hotel truly goes above and beyond, upon check in I was offered bottled water which just happened to have run out, so Joseph in bell services sent me up a wine and cheese board amenity - this really started my week out on the right foot. Any time I had an issue it was fixed quickly, even when my keys demagnetized they were explicitly sorry. Aurora in the banquet department was great as well. The staff in Area 31 left a lot to be desired however, the one morning I went to breakfast I never was checked on after my drinks were poured, I sat at a table for 20 minutes as the server walked by multiple times, finally I got up to leave and couldn't find her. Took forever to get out of there, which might be ok for a leisure guest but there was a group in house. The night I went to the bar as well the service was awful, I immediately felt unwanted by the bartender who seemed extremely busy (even though I was one of two guests at the bar) barely acknowledged me. I noticed the outside section of the bar was busy so I assumed he might have been working between the two bars. He clearly wasn't and only got one service ticket rang in, in the 30 minutes it took me to get my yucca which I had ordered within minutes of sitting down. The yucca was also very difficult to chew, I usually love yucca.

Overall, great stay and I would highly recommend as long as you don't plan on eating in the hotel. Joseph and Aurora should be commended for their great service!

I noticed a lot of people complained about noise but I never once heard anything outside my room.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!