“Over the top hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
tucson
“Over the top hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is such a luxury hotel. We feel pampered from second one. They open the doors for you as you enter and it's all luxury and nice. Stayed here before our cruise, felt so pampered.
Thank you KIMPTON for putting us in a higher floor after a few stays with you. We loved the 29th floor with great views, and FAB balcony, loved the pool bar. Okay , we are coming back soon.

Room Tip: Ask for as high a floor as possible. Also we loved seeing the ocean from our room.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (550)
Northampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed at this hotel to celebrate our anniversary. I had informed the hotel of this special occasion before we got there and this was mentioned on check in which was really nice. The hotel was clean and modern and this transferred into the rooms which were really nice. Upon arrival we were informed that we had a suprise in our room to celebrate our anniversary. This is where things go slightly wrong....the suprise was that there was no suprise...in took them to ask if we liked our suprise and for us to say we haven't received it, for it to be delivered. It all felt a little unorganised.

We had a nice dinner in the restuarant, it was a little overpriced but the service and food was still excellent. We then retired for the night. In the middle of the night I kept on coughing due to my throat being irritated by the aircon - I had to get my wife to call three times for a electric kettle or hot water - and it still didnt arrive. This was very disappointing.

In the morning we were treated to an amazing breakfast there was all you could eat and a massive selection. This was included within our room. After we ate the waitor asked us to sign a receipt. When i mentioned that it was included in our room price he assured me that it was just for accounting purposes and not to worry I would not be charged.

On checkout from the hotel the man at the desk was lovely, he gave us complimentary umbrellas as he rightly predicted it was going to rain. When checking out it turns out that the breakfast had been charged to us, even though it was included in the room. Whilst the issue was resolved quickly it is these consistent little things that turned what could have been an amazing stay into a average stay for me...

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Richmond, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Nice rooms and wonderful front desk staff. If you are in need of a hotel downtown then this is a good choice. Great bar downstairs. Hotel restaurant was just okay but Zuma downstairs had amazing food but terrible service. Nice views of the water. Reasonable rates on the weekends.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Westchester County, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We arrived early and we were told our rooms were not ready but they would request housekeeping to prioritize and they would call us. By 4:15 we were still waiting and went to front desk to find out rooms were almost ready. Hotel confirmation stated a "waterfront" room but my room (stack18) had a view of the busy street and draw bridge. I later learned that double rooms do not have a dresser so you need to use your suitcase as a draw. Since I was very disappointed I went to front desk and staff apologized and said they would give a late check out (I usually get late check out since I am a Karma member so this did not add value).
Hotel is sleek and modern in a good downtown location. Rooftop pool is wonderful. Sunday and Monday evening their lobby lounge is closed but you can go across the street to the Marriott. Also, their spa does not have a hair salon but you can go across the street to the Marriott.
Although I normally love Kimpton hotels, I am not certain if I will return to the Epic.

Room Tip: Get a king room so that you get a dresser and make sure you are in front of hotel on high floor.
Green Features: I am not sure if I can honestly comment on this. Although they gave me clean towels daily, they never took away the dirty ones.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel is actually rated well on tripadvisor, but I wasn't that impressed. Let me just say that the front desk and concierge are very helpful and knowledgeable. As far as service goes, there is not a rush to get you food or a drink. I rate hotels on simple things like service, housekeeping and food quality etc.... The room was clean but not cleaned up very well by housekeeping. For example, our ashtray on the balcony was full the entire time. The toilet was not cleaned up well during my stay. I also give fair reviews but was not impressed for the price of the room and the overall quality. I stayed in a one bedroom suite with a bay view, (well slight bay view) so I was expecting a lot more. Also a lot of business and conference traffic, and they actually closed the pool one day at 4:00 pm, because of dinners. Going back to the Four Seasons next time. Sorry but this place needs a little work.

• Stayed January 2015
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This is a solid hotel. Trendy, modern, good service. The room is very nice, amazing shower. Housekeeping could have been better though. Several items that I had used were not replaced and the bed didn't even look like it was properly made. Other than that, I will definitely go back.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Ulm
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The hotel is part of the Kimpton chain. The rooms are nice, well sized, good bathrooms, higher floors are recommended because of the noise level. The gym is good as is the pool, although the opening hours could be extended. The hotel features a great restaurant and a great bar!

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!