“Icing on the cake after cruise but would stay again when visiting Art Deco area” 5 of 5 stars
Review of EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel

Ranked #5 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Pampering without pretension! Loved this hotel, so professional but helpful, friendly without any arrogance or 'hauteur'.

Welcoming arrival, luggage safely taken care of, ( special thanks to Christopher) and checked in as soon as possible. Concierge on hand to suggest things to do if arrival too early ( in case of end cruise)

Beautiful accommodation, so spacious! Housekeeping brilliant, a lovely lady went out of her way to help. Loved this hotel and can certainly recommend it

I had a problem on confirming my transfer to airport ( not booked through hotel) but they were absolutely wonderful and sorted out complimentary transport and as a solo senior traveller went over and above expectations to make sure my holiday ended well.

Special thanks to Aubrey, the concierge, and her colleagues. Can't wait to visit again!

Room Tip: High and water view but all good
Green Features: An example to all hotels agree with laundry reuse but your decision.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (519)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Wow. What a wonderfully-run, elegant and and convenient hotel. From the moment the superb Carmen checked us in.... to our lovely, quiet, light-filled room... to the fab pool area staffed by sweethearts... to the cocktails at Area 31 (ohh... the cocktails), we were very pleased and impressed. Over and over.

A few things we loved -- the sexy lobby with a complimentary wine happy hour. The huge, comfy room with a balcony where we enjoyed reading the paper in the morning with the terrific complimentary espresso. The service was top-notch across the board. When my wife and I stumbled in from a run, hot and sweaty, the impeccably-dressed doorman immediately handed us each a bottle of cold water. It's that kind of place.

When I went to the pool, the folks working there made sure I had complimentary sunscreen, a glass of cold ice water and made sure I was in the right place for my tanning needs. (Especially awesome was the gentleman with long curly hair and mirrored shades who set me up with a snowy white cover for my lounge chair and positioned it perfectly for the rays. Sir, you rock.)

A ++ for the handsome, accomplished bartenders at Area 31, which features these Game of Throne chairs. Super stylish and much more comfortable than they look!

This hotel strikes me as the kind of place where ANYONE would feel comfortable.... young hipsters, picky retirees and everyone in between.

We were in downtown Miami for the Book Fair and were able to walk to and from the event effortlessly. As a result, we ended up not eating at the hotel. (Although we noticed someone eating a awesome-looking bone-in steak at Area 31 that I'd be tempted to go back for.) If you are a fellow foodie, I'd highly recommend leaving the hotel to eat at Bali Cafe for amazing cheap eats and NIU Kitchen for divine higher-end Spanish ones (although the latter is hardly a very expensive restaurant by the standards of most big cities.)

I'd also suggest checking out what's playing at the Olympia Theater, a stunning old-time restored movie palace only a few blocks from the hotel. We noticed it by chance, and seeing a (subtitled) romantic comedy there that was part of a Spanish film series ended up being a highlight of the trip.

Three cheers for the Epic and downtown Miami!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Naples
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This is a very stylish and beautiful hotel. The staff is exceptionally friendly & accommodating, and room service was always exactly on time. We stayed on the 28th floor, and I would have expected it to be a little quieter considering the location. But it was a very comfortable stay and every room has a balcony, which is a nice added bonus. I would stay there again when we return to Miami.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My sister and I stayed at the Epic to attend Oprah's Lifetime Weekend activity ata AA Arena. The Hotel is very elegant and service is excellent. Zuma Restaurant is extraordinary, although a little bit pricey.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The location is beautiful because of the views, but not if you don't have to be in that area. Traffic is a nightmare. Nevertheless, on the 20th floor it is amazing.
However, my biggest gripe was housekeeping. I arrived on Sunday and was glad to see the coffee machine, coffee pads and enough milk and sugar for 2 mugs of coffee. But, and a great one, these were never replenished. Even in a 2-star hotel your coffee and tea is replenished everyday. I do not expect to have to ask for this every day, especially not in a 5 star hotel with a $400 a night price tag. The balcony is never cleaned. I left a coffee mug on the balcony Sunday evening and when I checked out on Thursday it was still there. I choose this hotel because I will be staying at another Kimpton Property in December; I certainly hope that it will be better than Kimpton Miami. I agree with some of the comments regarding the valet. Everybody oohs and aahs and the expensive over the top vehicles that are parked outside, and tend to forget the lesser ones. Absolutely call down at least 10 mins before you plan on leaving for your car. It takes at least that long. As for traveling with kids; no, I would not recommend this hotel if you plan on a vacation with them unless you have an unlimited budget. Restaurants are very expensive, good, but pricey - for dinner at least $125 a person (not including wine or cocktails). The vibe is buzzing, but I can get my buzz at a less expensive property with the exact same views. Pity, I was really hyped about Epic, but it really fell short on my expectations. And paid wi-fi; another negative. For $400 I would expect it to be included.

Green Features: Not sure if they have any other than no smoking in the rooms, and focus on organic and fresh food in restaurants.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Longboat Key, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We only got to stay here one night on our trip but it was so beautiful! The staff are wonderful and made us feel welcome. They were very nice to our dog. The restaurants are amazing. We dined on the pool deck and at Zuma in the lobby. Both were first rate! Well worth the price! We will be back!!

• Stayed November 2014
Leicester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel is very clean and the views where amazing. Some of the staff however could be rather short and I really missed the personal touch that these kind of hotels usually bring. I ordered room service one night and it never arrived when I asked the next morning at check out I was told it hadn't been added to my bill, no explanation or apology given. I asked in the valley booth if my car was on its way down and was told yes I had only been waiting 9 minutes! My partner needed an emergency dentist while there he was given a list of dentists but no further help was offered. The pool staff where lovely really helpful bringing you towels while you swam and being available when needed. There is a private club on one of the floors we didn't hear the noise but I'm sure it can be quite noisy in the evenings for some rooms. It was a little concerning about the amount of people entering the hotel for the club there were a lots and caused a big cue for taxis when they left. The location was perfect was visiting the bars and restaurants and we did have some lovely food during our stay here.

Room Tip: We where on the 24th floor and this was lovely. We didn't pay extra for the water view and didn...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!