“Business trip to Miami” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Lombard, Illinois
“Business trip to Miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Travelled to Miami in July, stayed at Epic hotel for 5 nights. Hotel is very clean, Zuma restaurant on the ground floor is amazing, food was very delicious. Hotel personnel is very helpful and attentive, hotel serve vine and snacks every day from 5-6 pm, room was very clean, my room was on the 18th floor right above restaurant and bar on the 16th floor. It got bit noisy but bar closes at 11 pm, so i was still able to get my sleep. Beautiful room, bathroom and shower, very clean, room had amazing view of downtown Miami.
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (570)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Epic for 4 nights celebrating my birthday over a long weekend. We really enjoyed our stay and hated to leave at the end of the weekend. The hotel is very nice and the service is great, all of the staff is very friendly and helpful, and they make sure you have pretty much anything you could ask for. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, and the robes were a nice touch! Room service is quick and tasty. The nightly happy hour was also a nice added touch, with yummy sangria. I primarily booked the hotel after seeing pictures of the pool area, where we spent quite a bit of time, and I was not disappointed. The pool is awesome, the water is the perfect temperature, it's so relaxing and the food & drink service is great! Highly recommend this hotel.. we will definitely be staying here the next time we're in Miami!

Room Tip: All of the rooms have porch balconies. We had a water view room, and really enjoyed sitting on the p...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Epic for two weeks end of June beginning of July. I booked this hotel based on the previous reviews on TA. Our holiday for myself, husband and 16yr old daughter was for a total chill out holiday. We had booked a room with Club Access and it worked perfect for us. The amazing staff we encountered in the Club Lounge made our stay special, always on hand giving us advice and suggestions for activities and evenings out etc. They also went out their way to chat and took time out to get to know us. Special Thanks to Danny and Carlos for giving my husband some man chat during the World Cup and also a cool Heineken! Gene, Junior, Aubrey and G.P for their wealth of Miami info and help with dinner reservations and general info and chat. Oscar, Ashleigh and Alexandra Work their socks off around the pool always checking if we are needing anything and always smiling. John who greeted us at the front door and stayed with us during check in and showed us all around our room and then on hand to hail us a cab and ask about our trip so far. The little things from the Staff made our holiday Epic.

We stayed in room 2919 which was fab, ceiling to floor glass windows in the bedroom overlooking the building that changes colour, amazing to fall asleep and wake up to the Miami skyline as our room was set on the corner we had views of the river also. Our room was always spotless throughout our 14 nights and nightly turndown service, every member of housekeeping we met in the lobby always gave a warm acknowledgement. I have stayed at a number of 5 star hotels around the world and I do believe the staff at the Epic are by far the best I have encountered, Professional without being pompous, welcoming and friendly.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Zachary J, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
excel123

I am blown away by this incredible review! Staying with us for 14 nights, you really had time to experience everything at our property. In all that time, I am ecstatic that you found the hotel to be “faultless.” Everyone that you mentioned at our property truly works hard to ensure these types of great experiences. I can’t wait to send on the great feedback. I am sure they will appreciate it just as much I do.

You also had a beautiful view from you room. Being able to see the whole Miami skyline from our property really does make it special. Also, I am glad that room remained spotless during the entire stay. That is a fantastic accolade for our Housekeeping department.

We hope you had a great trip home and we will see you soon.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I recently had the opportunity to stay an evening at the Epic Hotel and had an amazing time! The hotel was beautiful, clean, and elegant, but the staff was hands down the most efficient and friendly I have encountered throughout my travels. The weather was not exactly cooperative and the staff within the Club area were welcoming as we settled into the lounge for the afternoon until the Marlins game started (which is close by for baseball fans). They additionally put a nice touch within the guest room upon checkin since my friend was celebrating a birthday and it was delightful to see the festive cookie and balloons when we walked in! I can't wait to return!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
K M

Thanks for such a fantastic review! We are all so happy that you found the hotel to be so “beautiful, clean, and elegant.” More importantly though, I am delighted that you appreciated the level of service.

It sounds like you all had a great time for your friend’s birthday! We always try to make special occasions a little more special when you stay with us.

Glad you had the opportunity to spend some time with us, and we can’t wait to welcome you back again.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My daughter and I had a great week in early June to celebrate her 13th birthday. She wanted to come to Miami and I didn't want her in the throws of South Beach. She researched on tripadvisor and picked EPIC. From the moment we checked in until we left...the weather, the staff, the experience were perfect. Juan and Carlos at the pool are amazing. They have an incredible balance of service and friendliness without being flirty or too chatty. Watching them point out a better way to handle something with the newer staff members was like trying to figure out a magicians trick ...subtle and always professional. Be careful to the management staff to lose them would be tragic. They should be apart of your training staff for new team members.

Only sour grape is that parking can be tricky is there is an event or you are not driving a car worth over 6 figures so plan for extra time in getting your car.

Other than that I would come back and stay at EPIC..it was perfect!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Zachary J, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
trywanderlust

I am so glad that your daughter found us on Trip Advisor and decided to try our property! We love hosting a little birthday getaway at the hotel. Thank you for all of your fantastic compliments about Juan and Carlos at the pool. I think you said it best when you described their natural balance of service of friendliness. It truly is admirable.

So…any plans for her 14th birthday?
Saint James, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Run do not walk to the Epic Hotel if you are staying in downtown Miami! My girlfriend's and I stayed from July 5-9th. This was my first time at a Kimpton property and it won't be my last! The staff is exceptional...Carlos and Mauricio at the front door, always helpful and smiling! Carlos couldn't do enough for us at the pool, and Elizabeth at the Spa gave me one of the best massages I've ever had.
As a walker I loved the fact that there are many walkways throughout the city, most of them by the water. Mary Brickell Village is nearby and has alot of restaurants and shops that are only a 5 min walk away.
The views from my room (27th floor), the pool, and Area 31 were breathtaking! A wonderful vacation in the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in!

Room Tip: The upper floors have better views of the city.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
maureen q

WOW, I am blushing. Thank you for all of these fabulous compliments. I am so glad that we could be your first Kimpton Hotel.

The views from the 27th floor and Area 31 Restaurant really give you a gorgeous view of all that Downtown Miami has to offer. It’s also convenient to have one of Downtown’s best Happy Hours right here on the 16th floor. That always helps to ensure an “EPIC Experience” with your girlfriends.

Also, I can’t wait to tell Carlos, Mauricio, and Elizabeth all of your wonderful feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you all back again soon!
Perth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My wife and I spent six night at the Epic Hotel after a voyage on Cunard Queen Victoria from San Francisco. We had a fantastic time. The Hotel is situated beside the river and most of the tourist attractions are within walking distance including many restaurants at the Bayside Shopping Centre. We booked a Club Level room which gave us access to the Club Level Lounge where we enjoyed the complimentary snacks, 5 times a day! The wine tasting hour in the hotel lobby was very pleasant but you had to be early to get the canapés. It was a great place to meet residents and fellow travellers. Fantastic for people watching. We visited the evening free bar most nights. Staff were very friendly, especially Oscar the concierge, who made our stay extra special. Pool staff were very attentive and regularly delivered iced water. Our room on the 30th floor offered great views across the city. Thanks to all the staff especially Oscar who made our stay extra memorable.

Room Tip: Extra cost of Club Level accommodation well worth it.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
DM 1944

This review made me say WOW! It sounds like you had the opportunity to really experience much of the on property benefits. Wine hour is fantastic for people watching; plus, you have a chance to meet some of the hotel managers and other guests in the hotel. All of this while enjoying complimentary wine, it's perfect.

It sounds like the Club level was a pretty good choice too! Their 5 meal presentations per day always keep me excited. I will also let Oscar know all the nice compliments you had for him.

Please let us know whenever you would like to come spend a little more time with us.

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!