“Epic Experience” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Saint James, New York
“Epic Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Run do not walk to the Epic Hotel if you are staying in downtown Miami! My girlfriend's and I stayed from July 5-9th. This was my first time at a Kimpton property and it won't be my last! The staff is exceptional...Carlos and Mauricio at the front door, always helpful and smiling! Carlos couldn't do enough for us at the pool, and Elizabeth at the Spa gave me one of the best massages I've ever had.
As a walker I loved the fact that there are many walkways throughout the city, most of them by the water. Mary Brickell Village is nearby and has alot of restaurants and shops that are only a 5 min walk away.
The views from my room (27th floor), the pool, and Area 31 were breathtaking! A wonderful vacation in the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in!

Room Tip: The upper floors have better views of the city.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Zachary J, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
maureen q

WOW, I am blushing. Thank you for all of these fabulous compliments. I am so glad that we could be your first Kimpton Hotel.

The views from the 27th floor and Area 31 Restaurant really give you a gorgeous view of all that Downtown Miami has to offer. It’s also convenient to have one of Downtown’s best Happy Hours right here on the 16th floor. That always helps to ensure an “EPIC Experience” with your girlfriends.

Also, I can’t wait to tell Carlos, Mauricio, and Elizabeth all of your wonderful feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you all back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
Perth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My wife and I spent six night at the Epic Hotel after a voyage on Cunard Queen Victoria from San Francisco. We had a fantastic time. The Hotel is situated beside the river and most of the tourist attractions are within walking distance including many restaurants at the Bayside Shopping Centre. We booked a Club Level room which gave us access to the Club Level Lounge where we enjoyed the complimentary snacks, 5 times a day! The wine tasting hour in the hotel lobby was very pleasant but you had to be early to get the canapés. It was a great place to meet residents and fellow travellers. Fantastic for people watching. We visited the evening free bar most nights. Staff were very friendly, especially Oscar the concierge, who made our stay extra special. Pool staff were very attentive and regularly delivered iced water. Our room on the 30th floor offered great views across the city. Thanks to all the staff especially Oscar who made our stay extra memorable.

Room Tip: Extra cost of Club Level accommodation well worth it.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
DM 1944

This review made me say WOW! It sounds like you had the opportunity to really experience much of the on property benefits. Wine hour is fantastic for people watching; plus, you have a chance to meet some of the hotel managers and other guests in the hotel. All of this while enjoying complimentary wine, it's perfect.

It sounds like the Club level was a pretty good choice too! Their 5 meal presentations per day always keep me excited. I will also let Oscar know all the nice compliments you had for him.

Please let us know whenever you would like to come spend a little more time with us.
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The team at the Epic go to the limit to make you enjoy yoiur stay and their installations as well as their location are great. The Zuma restaurant inside the hotel is one of the best I have ever been to. Even the water they have at the lobby is great. Also, it is walking distance to a great restaurant area at Brickell. Very interesting crowd hanging out at nights and the cars you can watch are incredible.

Room Tip: Higher floors are nicer and ask for a view towards the bay.
Green Features: They comply in full and are environmentally friendly. Also the cold water they hava bailable at the lobby is great.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ricardo A

We always try to go beyond the limit! I am so glad to hear that you felt this way.

I couldn’t agree more with your comment about the water in the lobby. That fruit infused water really comes in handy to combat the heat in Miami. I always have to steal a glass too!

Thanks for telling us all about how much you loved the “great service.”
Falkirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed for 3nights (late May 2014). First time in Downtown Miami area - can't fault EPIC at all; wonderful hotel, comfortable and luxurious rooms and exellent pool deck. We were lucky enough to have a room looking out onto the water/pool and made the most of our balcony.
Not our first 'Kimpton' experience and certainly won't be our last.
Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was very good (reasonably priced) and was novel to sit on the outdoor terrace and enjoy the morning sunshine.
Mary Brickell village is a short walk away with plenty going on at nighttime.
Overall an excellent experience which comes highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I am a Gold Marriott Rewards member and rarely stay at other properties. My job booked a block of rooms here and required that we stay here due to a conference. So glad they did. This place was super nice. The hotel accomodations were nice and swanky. The hotel staff was unbelievabley caring and concered. The doormen where the best. Always willing to give recommnedations on were to eat, drink, and party. The pool and restaruant are on the 16th Floor and this place has the best happy hour I have ever been to. It is a short walk or $5 cab ride to Mary Brickell Village which has all the bars, restaurants, and shopping you could want. Spent many nights there. This hotel is right on the water downtown and is at the start of the Brickell area. I would stay here again most definitely. This place is impressive. can I come back I already miss it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Booked a Kimpton In Touch Last Minute Deal at the Epic for the July 4th weekend and was treated to a great stay! Had a Club Level Waterview room #2905 on the first night and moved to a great Cityview Junior Suite #2920 the second night. I actually like the city view room better because of the great view of downtown Miami and the Miami River. The Club Level is fantastic with great food and drink throughout the day. As a Kimpton Inner Circle member, I stay at many Kimpton hotels around the country. None better than the Epic! Special thanks to Front Desk Manager Anna for taking great care of me. I will be returning this weekend to celebrate my birthday. I know it will be an Epic weekend!

Room Tip: High floors with city views are great
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Recently stayed at the Epic, just got home today and I already miss it. Beautiful hotel, beautiful location, beautiful people. The food at area 31 was excellent. The pool was very nice, fun crowd. Carlos and Ashley down by the pool are very friendly, we enjoyed talking to them. Our suite was very nice, room 1801, good view of the pool, bay, and city. Can't ask for much more. Carmen at checkout was very pleasant, should of got her number lol. Overall great time !! If you are young this is the place for you!

• Stayed July 2014

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!