“Our 1st Anniversary Made Special” 5 of 5 stars

25% Off + FREE Upgrade
Ranked #5 of 129 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Virginia
“Our 1st Anniversary Made Special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This review is a month overdue (I am a very busy person) and I even feel bad for not completing the hotels actual survey in a timely manner so I want to share my experience on here. Having a prior career in hospitality, it takes quite a lot for me to enjoy an experience. With that being said, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at EPIC. The property itself is beautiful! The cleanliness and friendly service from check-in to check-out. We even received an unexpected complimentary anniversary gift when we went to our room. This personalized serviced made our night at EPIC special. This was our first time in Miami and each and every member of the staff went above and beyond to make sure our questions were answered and our requests were granted. We took advantage of the bar/restaurants on site and the food was delicious. Being able to relax and enjoy the view made our stay full circle. My husband and I look forward to another visit in the near future. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Zachary J, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
K R

What a warm review. We are overjoyed to hear how special your stay was. To receive such high compliments from a fellow hospitality professional is a true honor.

Thank you so much for taking the time to praise the cleanliness of the hotel and the friendliness of our staff. That really is our special combo to making an EPIC stays. We are so glad that we provided such a spectacular one year anniversary visit.

Now, let’s see how we can make your second year anniversary even more EPIC!

1,931 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were in two minds whether to stay in Miami Beach, but the reviews did not paint many of the hotels in good light with small rooms and thin walls ! Clearly, we decided on the EPIC in Miami downtown.
We upgraded to an Executive Room which came with the use of the executive lounge with complimentary snacks (presentations!) and drinks. It also has its own concierge and staff which were excellent, friendly and useful for local knowledge.
The hotel has a decent pool and terrace area, however, it is prone to shadows given the surrounding height of adjacent buildings. The location is ideal for sea front walks and a few nearby malls and restaurants.
The room was a good size and always kept clean and the walls were sufficiently thick not to hear any of our neighbours !
I can recommend upgrading to an executive room. Although this may appear expensive at the outset the quality of the food at breakfast, lunch and dinner is very good and the unlimited drink provides very good value for money.
In hindsight if we were to do this again, I would probably split our stay between the Beach and Downtown. You can get the bus to the Beach, but a taxi is quicker and less of a chore.
The EPIC would probably be better for business in the downtown area than for a base for exploring the local area on a holiday. The hotel itself is very good/ excellent and is recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side have a better view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Zachary J, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Caproc

An excellent hotel and staff is exactly what we love to hear! We are so glad you decided on Epic in Downtown. Our Club Level really does provide a great benefit with its 5 meal presentations per day and private concierge. They help make sure you have a uniquely Miami experience.

It sounds like you also enjoyed both the size and cleanliness of the rooms. It really makes us smile when we can provide such an EPIC stay.

Can’t wait to spend some time with you again!
South Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

From the first minute I entered this beautiful, incredible, wonderful hotel until the very last second I "had" to check out, I felt like "Cinderella". I was treated like royalty starting with the email I received from the Concierge, Sonia Hoffmann, who personally asked that Monica Maksylewicz, Room Controller, attend to my every need and desire as I had been an accident several moths ago and I required a "special needs" room and special services. Monica's impeccable attention to making sure my room was perfect for my needs as well as getting me this most remarkable room on the 28th floor with the most magnificent view of the Miami River just look my breath away! Monica's warm and personal attention to every detail and her special in-room heart-felt touches were amazing and truly appreciated. Having said that, all the rest of the staff was so professional, kind, friendly and efficient from my room service orders that quickly arrived with the most delicious food, to the wait staff at the beautiful Area31 restaurant that each night masterfully waited on me and served me the most delicious and unbelievably presented food prepared by their masterful Chief. I must mention at this point that the Restaurant Managers, Damien and Bobby did every thing in every way to make my dining experience most memorable and extraordinary! In addition, I had the most relaxing, in-room professional and therapeutic acupuncture session with Luciana G. and a most wonderful in-room professional, therapeutic fabulous massage with Nanci B. Honestly, they both are the very best at their profession and I greatly appreciated their special attention to my needs as well. If I could give this hotel and its incredible staff ten (10) stars I would as it and they truly deserve it. The Epic hotel and its staff is so superior in every way. I sincerely mean this and wish to thank each and every one from the bottom my heart!

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the Miami River are magnificent!
Green Features: They should be commended for their many efforts. They use environmentally-friendly products and recycling receptacles.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Zachary J, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Janet G

You really know how to make us blush. Wow. Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us about your stay. Monica, Damien, ad Bobby’s generous hospitality is exactly what helps make an experience EPIC. I am delighted that all of your needs were met and that you were able to have the “most wonderful time of [your] life, ever!” I will be sure to tell everyone how much they meant to you.

It sounds like you also had a great time at our Exhale Spa. Luciana G. and Nanci B. are an incredible part of the team.

It is our desire to invariably provide this level of service. Therefore, I am delighted to hear all of this phenomenal feedback.

Thank you so much for sharing your kind and inspiring words. We look forward to your next stay!
lagos
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel is dirty. Especially the bathroom. We were checked into several rooms before we finally settled for the 3rd room. Yet the bathroom feels dirty. Bedsheet wasn't changed today. Towels are not clean. Regretting I paid for 3nights. There's nothing epic about this hotel. It's not worth it. Pricy hotel for terrible service. The air conditioning also didn't. work well
It was fixed after the second call
I'm currently not enjoying my stay.

• Stayed June 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The customer service was off the charts! They are so friendly and kind! Service, view, food, pool, location, spa ....everything was amazing!!!! I was blown away by the customer service at this hotel. Every staff member went above and beyond to ensure our stay was memorable. From the door to front desk, to housecleaning and pool attendants. They spare no detail and if you need anything you can ask and they will help. They gave us a free bottle of wine and took there time explaining everything they had to offer.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the Miami river side
Green Features: The hotel is environmentally friendly They recycle and have good reminders about how to keep things environmentally safe.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dara V

This review is “off the charts! “ We are elated to hear that everything was incredible. It is always wonderful to hear that our staff took their time to provide you with such an individualized guest experience. Most importantly, I am glad to hear how memorable your stay was.

We look forward to making more memories with you in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Truly one of the best places I have ever stayed with a magnificent view of Miami! I had a water view on the 24th floor and really enjoyed the view of the city from my room and from the balcony. The staff made me feel welcome and made my experience at the Epic one of a kind. I was also able to dine at Area 31 while staying at the Epic and the service there exceeded my expectations! Highly recommend for anyone to stay at the Epic! I will definitely be back soon!

• Stayed June 2014
Jenna W

GREAT REVIEW! Wow, thanks so much! It sounds like you really enjoyed the views from your room and the service at Area 31. They really know how to provide an exceptional dining experience. I am happy to hear that your stay was one of a kind…that sounds pretty EPIC.

We look forward to providing you with another great stay, great view, and great staff!
Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our room was on the 28th floor with a great view of downtown Miami and the boats passing by. The breakfast is great and has a lot of variation. Pay 9 dollar extra so you can try the hot breakfast as well. They also change little things every day (different kinds of fruit etc..). The pool area is peaceful and quiet. They aim to give the guests the best service possible.. you have to go and experience it for yourself..

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
EgyptAndSummer

Thanks so much for staying with us and letting us know how much you enjoyed the peaceful and quiet pool! We love hearing great feedback about our service and truly work to provide the “best possible service” as you said.

Can’t wait to have you back soon to try the new variety of offerings for breakfast at Area 31!

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!