“It truly is EPIC” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Belgium
“It truly is EPIC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Our room was on the 28th floor with a great view of downtown Miami and the boats passing by. The breakfast is great and has a lot of variation. Pay 9 dollar extra so you can try the hot breakfast as well. They also change little things every day (different kinds of fruit etc..). The pool area is peaceful and quiet. They aim to give the guests the best service possible.. you have to go and experience it for yourself..

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Zachary J, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
EgyptAndSummer

Thanks so much for staying with us and letting us know how much you enjoyed the peaceful and quiet pool! We love hearing great feedback about our service and truly work to provide the “best possible service” as you said.

Can’t wait to have you back soon to try the new variety of offerings for breakfast at Area 31!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I was blown away by the customer service at this hotel. Every staff member went above and beyond to ensure our stay was memorable. From the door to front desk, to housecleaning and pool attendants. They spare no detail and if you need anything you can ask and they will help. Special touches like daily wine hour for guests, not charging for water, excellent room service and smiles from everyone make this my new favourite in Miami. Special mentions to Alex and Ashley at the pool- they made our day fun and relaxing and we felt welcome from the second we sat down at this very beautiful pool among all the beautiful people.

Room Tip: The patio rooms are definitely worth the additional cost- we had beautiful views of the pool and the...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Zachary J, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Brandee75

Well jeez, I’m blown away by this outstanding review! Thanks so much for taking the time to praise our entire staff! We really try to focus on the details so that you can enjoy yourself on property, and it sounds like you did. Wine hour is always a favorite; it’s just the perfect way to watch the Miami sunset.

I will definitely be passing your compliments onto Ashley and Alex at the pool. They certainly know how to take care of our guests.

We are all excited to have you back with us soon!
Aurora, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I am in the customer service industry and my job is to drive Engagement among my team in order to enhance Customer Service. I have to tell you that the Epic was EPIC! It takes a lot for me to say that but I have to give credit where it is due. My husband and 18 month old son we're on vacation and had a not so great experience at a Key West hotel. Well, an angel must have told the team at the Epic hotel to make up for it cause they surely did!!! From the extremely courteous Valet (I wish I knew his name-blue eyes that recommended Rosa Mexicano for dinner) to the great check in experience, to EDUARDO the bell hop to VANESSA from Room service who SPOILED MY SON WITH FRESH MADE COOKIES AND A TOY to the great young lady at Area 51 (originally from New York)..... IT WAS PHENOMENAL. I had 2 of the best nights, showers and experiences I have ever had. The attention to detail and the team's ability to anticipate our needs to the cleanliness and gorgeous room..... I am a Epic fan forever.
THANK YOU EDUARDO, VANESSA and all for making our vacation a success. I have told everyone I know to come to your hotel.

Room Tip: Get any room, they were awesome.
Green Features: Our room was very quiet and extremely comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Michelle B.

I am truly speechless. Your warm compliments have made my day. I am so glad that you had a chance to make a personal connection with so many people on property. Vanessa and Eduardo are true assets to ensuring that personalized experience. I will let them know your fantastic feedback!

It means a lot to have such positive compliments from a customer service expert. We strive to deliver this experience to every guest during every stay. To be honest, we received some angel mail about your experience in Key West and knew that you deserved a phenomenal couple of days with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Got a deal on this hotel from my agent, so was inclined to chk it out before my cruise the next day. Glad I did! Got a room on the 23rd floor overlooking the pools. Beautiful view, and at night, the hotel across the way was lit up like a giant red bottle! The room was a double-very comfy beds, stand alone shower, separate jacuzzi tub and walkout balcony. The restaurants and nightlife were another bonus-yachts along the Waterford waterfront side, club attached with everything from lambos to ferrari to Bentley were attending the club. Definitely staying there again!

• Stayed December 2013
faison9

You’re stellar! We are glad you chose to stay with us too. The walk-out balconies here really make a difference; you can fully see the water and yachts that border our property. It sounds like you also had a nice luxury car show when you watched our driveway. We are so glad you had such a great first stay here at EPIC and are excited for the second one.
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

we really enjoyed our stay here. We were on the 27th floor with a balcony and a beautiful view. I felt well accommodated and would highly recommend to others. On the 16th floor you will find an excellent spa, a pretty good restaurant and a beautiful pool. And if you forget something, like a toothbrush or a razor, they don't try to charge you for everything. There is a good bit that is available at concierge that they will gladly give to you free of charge. Looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Cristy C

I am so happy that you really enjoyed your stay with us! It sounds like you had a chance to enjoy all of our fantastic amenities on the 16th floor, plus the view! We know that sometimes people misplace the essentials when they pack, so we keep a stock of personal grooming products in the hotel. Let us know whenever you would like to return, we are always happy to have you at the house.
Zürich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Although we're in Miami quite often we stayed in Miami Downtown for the first time as we usually just head to Miami Beach.
We arrived on May 28th at 8pm at the airport and planned to head to Orlando the next day, that's why we decided to try a hotel in Miami Downtown.
We got a room on the 29th floor with a huge balcony. The room was fantastic, big, clean, everything looked just like brand-new.
The view from the balcony was on the water and we saw the river, the sea, part of the Miami Downtown skyline, the hotel pool and the bridge over the river which opens for ships.
The bath tube hat a open window to the bedroom and there was a walk in shower as well. As it was quite late we did not go out for a small bite, but ordered something to the room. We had some beers, the BLT and a Burger. Was a lot, but tasted very good.
The reception as well as all of the service stuff we met was more than helpful, very kind and friendly. We felt very well treated and had a wonderful one-night stay in the EPIC. The bed was very comfortable and there is not one single thing we could mention as negative point except driving there by car as there is a huge construction area all over Miami - not only downtown - but this is not the hotel's fault ;-)
We now found a hotel we would recommend to everyone and we will certainly return when coming back again to Miami.

Room Tip: We were in room no. 2916 - we would go for it again
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Zachary J, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
SwissGULLIVER

It really sounds like you had a great experience! We are so glad that you were able to take in the entire Miami skyline, including the stellar views of the water. The views look even better when they are paired with a meal from In-Room-Dinning… I happen to love the BLT as well.

We are delighted that you also enjoyed the fresh set up in the room and the luxurious bathroom.

Let us know whenever you would like to return! We are eagerly awaiting your arrival.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

24 hour gym and location was best. It's a good hotel, but there is nothing epic about it - it's memorable for all the wrong reasons.

Having secured 2pm check out 2 days before leaving - on morning beginning after 11am and 1pm four members of staff knocked and disturbed, once while getting into the shower to ask when I was leaving. On the 4th occasion, the rude and belligerent house keeping staff kept asking when I was leaving inspite, at first explaining 2pm and I had already been asked 3 times already. So, so rude I had to slam the door shut in the end as she kept repesting the question.

Also early on 4th morning was woken by a rabble of a family with screaming kids and even louder parents. I could still clearly hear the entire 1 hour episode while my head was burried deep into two thick pillows The hotel need to sort out sound cancelling better rooms before I consider returning. 3. Long wait at check in and check out - on each of two occasions when complained to staff, was just fobbed off with stock uncaring, with wry smile response. Staff seemed quite use to hearing such complaints.

Car valet service was efficient, if not super busy at certain times over the weekend, particularly when restaurant are booked for parties!

Room Tip: Noise cancelling between rooms is very poor, so insist on quiet room particularly during weekends wh...
Green Features: Not sure there is a genuine enviromental practice at EPIC to mention
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
GusFB

I am glad to hear that you appreciated our 24 hour gym and great location in Downtown Miami. But, it seems like we had some hiccups during your stay. Well that’s not right! We want every stay to be EPIC here and always work towards that. We can definitely ensure that on your next visit, you will have a quiet room. Please reach out to me before arrival and I will personally look into reserving your room. We hope to have you back for a truly flawless experience.

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!