“Epic fits the bill” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
San Francisco, California
“Epic fits the bill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I live down the street from Ink48 in Manhattan, and am increasingly loving the newer Kimpton hotel offerings. Epic was under construction and had just completed when I last lived in MIami. Now, with great corporate rates, and even greater views and interiors, I found the Epic hotel to just match what I was looking for. Brickell is really an awesome area for those looking to escape the Airport area or the Beach.

They hooked me up with so many freebies (alcohol vouchers, drinks, brunch tickets, free internet). I was very impressed! And the views, the restaurants, and bars, all were top notch.

Definitely will be staying here from now on while in Miami.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Felix B, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
alsavini
Thanks for your great trip advisor feedback and for having become a Kimpton fan.
It makes me really proud to learn that you got to know us from the preconstruction time and now finally got to stay with us and loved it.
Please come back soon, no mattter which Kimpton property you may visit, you will be impressed,
EPIC wishes / Felix Brandt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Another fantastic stay. Had a beautiful 1 bedroom suite on the 28th floor....amazing views. Awesome suite. Comfy king bed, floor to ceiling windows, huge flat screen TV. Huge bathroom with Tub, and balcony. Only drawback to the room was it only had 1 bathroom, and guests had to walk into the master to use the bathroom. Staff was fantastic, room was immaculate, Bedding was comfy, 24 hour room service was pricey but timely. Pool area is fabulous, had a cabana all weekend and had a fantastic time....excellent service at the pool. Overall another amazing weekend in downtown Miami.......cant wait to return again.

Room Tip: As always High floor, far from elevators.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Slayridez06
Thanks you so much for your thrilling trip advisor review. Having come back to experience another awesome flawless stay is excatly what EPIC is all about. It's about the product, the location and the service. I am super happy to learn we nailed it all and you can't wait to come back.
We can't wait to have YOU back as well! EPIC wishes / Felix Brandt
Mexico City, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

EPIC Hotel in Miami is part of KIMPTON Hotels.

I use to stay at EPIC Hotel in Miami for business reasons but in 04/2014 I went there with my Family to take a cruise and I decided to let them enjoy the EPIC.
Unfortunately we find a dirty room in beds & bath. It was nasty to find nails from the last guest inside the bed and a slippery shower due to the lack of proper cleaning. The fact that day where no vacuum cleaning in the room was the minor of the problems.

But is fare to say that at the motor lobby of the EPIC we saw Ferraris, Blentleys, one beautiful Rolls Royce and one amazing McLaren.
At the side there where three large yachts.

If you prefer the fancy environment over the cleanness in the room, the EPIC is your Hotel.

Stayed April 2014
Felix B, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Jose A
Thank you for having taken the time to review us on trip advisor. I am super sorry to learn about the Housekeeping deficiencies you had encountered throughout your stay. At EPIC we strive to create personalized, memorable experiences with all of our guests, Obviously we have failed to deliver in your case.
Please rest assured that we have already adressed the issue with the staff member invovled thanks to your valuable feedback.
Upon your next visit, please feel to reach out to me directly. We really would like you and your family to have an EPIC experience we are known for.
EPIC wishes/ Felix Brandt
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Great location in downtown/Brickell area, room very nice, great view, and the service excellent, only concern is about the room service price and valet parking, small sparkling water 18$$$$??? Really? Crazy and waiting 30 min for you car at the valet P? Ridiculous .... Overal I will stay again in this hotel :)

Room Tip: Floor 25 have a great view
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
cornwall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

my wife and I stayed a the Epic for 3 nights this April as part of an extended cruise holiday. Prior to arriving I had emailed the hotel with a few questions about our stay and they replied with all the answers which was more than helpful. on arrival we found our rooms were not ready as we were early from our cruise holiday. The Epic were very helpful again keeping our luggage safe while we were able to go straight our and around Miami starting our stay without losing any time waiting with our luggage until our rooms became available. The rooms were fantastic. very clean and the views were amazing. The hotels pool area was beautiful and all the staff from the bar to the doormen and reception were always helpful and happy. We would return to this hotel in a heart beat with out a thought. thank you Epic for making our stay a great experience. we would recommend to anyone looking for a high quality hotel with great staff.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I stayed here with my 6 year old son in March, so I'm a little late in my review. Oh where to begin:

First, when I booked Epic on-line, I was going through a really rough time in my life (REALLY rough time) and I booked the wrong dates. I had no idea. My son and I arrived, around 8:30AM, and I figured they would hold our bags and we could lay out be the pool. They couldn't find my reservation. I pulled out the reservation I printed and handed it to them. They then informed me that I had booked the wrong month. My heart dropped, as this was currently the week of Spring Break. This amazing gentleman looked back at me, without saying a word, and changed it for me at no additional cost. THEN, he found an available room on a high floor, and gave me the key card. Wow.

Next, I had emailed the pool manager about renting a cabana during our stay. Obviously I was sure I gave him the wrong dates too, so when we arrived at the pool, I just asked what the rate was. It was pretty high, so I decided perhaps one day we would rent one. He then returned, told me he looked up my email and said he would honor the rate he quoted me for both days. Again, I was floored.

There are many other examples of how the hotel staff went above and beyond what I expected, or even deserved, but these two are my favorites. They were always extremely kind to me and my little guy, as this hotel probably doesn't see a lot of kids hanging out.

The room was amazing. Excellent views. Everything was perfect. Room service excellent. Restaurant and bar service and food was top notch. Location of hotel was great, as we could walk everywhere.

I will NEVER stay anywhere else while in Miami. Epic is absolutely perfect in every way, without being pretentious.

Room Tip: High floor with a bay view.
Green Features: Above any other, which is a huge part of Kimpton Hotels.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Cleveland, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I recently stayed here on my last business trip to Miami. The Epic was within walking distance to the office which made it great. My room was beautiful-- it was very roomy, the bathroom was also very large. My baclony had the greatest water view of the canal and beyond!!
The pool deck was so inviting and it was great to have a drink out on the patio and just enjoy.
I would definitely stay here again, I would even suggest for a pre-cruise or post-cruise out of the port of Miami- as it is close to the port of Miami as well.

Room Tip: Goo for the higher floors-- with a water view-- you will not be disappointed!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Felix B, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Terri M
Thanks a lot for your splendid tripadvisor review! I am really delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your spacious room and bathroom, the waterview and most of all our great pooldeck and the location. I love the fact that you consider us as a great pre cruise hotel. We really are!
Please come back soon.
EPIC wishes / Felix Brandt

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!