“Loved everything about it!” 5 of 5 stars

Fly South for the Winter
Ranked #5 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Calgary, Canada
“Loved everything about it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We chose this hotel for a fantastic view, contemporary, comfortable room and great service. We got it all - in spades!
The room was beautiful and showed NO wear, and is so well thought out. Plug in for my charger on my night table? Yes please!
The view of the waterfront was just what we expected. We overlooked the canal and waterfront, including yacht docked out front with a helipad! Patio had two chairs and table - comfortable.
I am a Kimpton fan (and InTouch member - don't stay here without becoming a member), and the service is always what impresses me the most. BF wasn't feeling well, and bellman ran to drug store and bought meds for us! Just a phone call away - so impressive - and SUCH great service!
I also love the wine reception each evening - a Kimpton trademark.
The EPIC did not disappoint - it totally impressed and set the bar for excellent accommodation and service. Thanks for a fantastic first night in Miami Kimpton!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Felix B, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
jabulani26
Thanks so much for your awesome review and most of all for being a loyal Kimpton and EPIC fan. I was super thrilled reading your review and learning how much you enjoyed every singly aspect of your stay from the location to the room and the view up to the service provided by our great team.
Please come back soon, we can't wait to have you back.
EPIC wishes / Felix Brandt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

The Epic Tower is comfortable and elegant. Rooms are tastefully decorated, beds are exceeding comfortable. Efficient, cordial and professional staff. A terrific location for a conference. Outstanding restaurants and food service … although quite pricey.

Green Features: Applause to the hotel for its in-room recycling efforts.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Felix B, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
dehenderson
Thank you very much for your great trip advisor review. I am thrilled to learn that you truly enjoyed everything about your stay. Kimpton is all about recycling and being environmentally friendly, thanks again for noticing!
We can't wait to have you back, our great staff is awaiting you!
Schweiz
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

The Epic, was one good experience. Good team all over the place, good pool scene with Saturday DJ. Good restaurants and amazing views. Complimentary WiFi as Kimpton member.

The bar shouldn't stop serving drinks at 1245 AM on a Saturday night, or at least call for a last round.
The only really BIG dissappointment was my room.
I did book a Seeview room for a reason (also premium in price).
All I got was a noisy room overlooking buildings/the noisy street.
The fact that the hotel has been sold out doesn't qualify as an excuse, I did reconfirm a week before via email.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Grammy35
Thanks for having taken the time for your review. I am happy to learn that you had a good time enjoying our Pool DJ, the views, our great staff and the food.
So sorry that we did not have any waterview available, please get in touch with me prior to your next stay so I can personally ensure you will be given a breathtaking view.
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

It's a shame that the noise level from the poolside party going on on the 16th Floor had such a negative impact on my stay. I though that by staying off South Beach, I would get a quieter experience. Not! My room was on the 23rd floor on the south side. The DJ was playing the music so loud I couldn't hear the TV.
When it was time to turn off my light at 10:30 pm and try to get some sleep after my busy week; forget about it. I tried to drown it out with a white noise app on my iPhone; didn't help at all over the booming bass of the music.

I will never stay here again.

It's a shame because the service was good and the room was lovely.

By the way, I am a 39 year old guest who likes having a good time as much as the next person but when it's time to lay my head in the pillow, I expect a quiet room.

• Stayed April 2014
fashionevp
Thanks for having taken the time to review us on trip advisor. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed the service and your room. Sorry about the music from our popular Area 31 extended happy hour DJ. If you would be willing to give us another chance, I will be happy to personally ensure you will be given a super quiet room.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Stayed here just one quick night and it was great. Very upscale, modern interior. The people-watching (and what they were driving) may have been the most interesting part! Had trouble connecting to wifi but a staffer was helpful in establishing the connection. Bellman was very helpful and polite. May have been a little too upscale with teenagers in tow; restaurants were a bit too funky for them. A passerby directed us to dinner in the Mary Brickel neighborhood which was fun and just about a half-mile walk through downtown. Loved the downtown scenery and seeing it on foot.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Robyn K
Thanks for your review. I am super happy to learn how much you enjoyed our staff and our upscale hotel. We are truly located right in the upcoming downtown area within walking distance to the hip Brickell Village local scene.
Please come back soon and rest assured there are even more areas to explore within walking distance from the hotel.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

- zuma : great restaurantatmosphere food and drinks
- missed kyma lounge hope they open again
- rooms - spacious and amazing service
kimpton hotels are the best around the world

-> ive been to theis hotel so many times and i will keep coming back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Sara G
Thanks you so much for your awesome review on tripadvisor and for being a regular with us and Kimpton! Please come back soon, our amazing staff is awaiting you.
Kansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Like many things in Miami, this hotel seems aimed at young people with lots of money. I guess young people in Miami have lots of money. In my town, not so much. Anyway, this is a really nice hotel, but as a khaki and polo shirt middle aged guy, I definitely felt like I did not belong here. Too old, too khaki. It's been a long time since I stayed in a hotel where the whole vibe made me feel unwelcome, but this one did.

Lobby is spectacular, room was very nice, loved having a balcony, and my view was sort of toward the water. So it was definitely an upscale experience. Just a little more upscale than I'm used to. If the hotel dining is not to your taste, there are several nice restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Not sure there's a bad room in this place.