“EPIC, truly” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Savannah, Georgia
“EPIC, truly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I love Miami, and go there frequently for business and pleasure, and I was born there, so know my way around. However, if 10 yrs ago you would have told me my favorite place to hang out was downtown, I would have laughed so hard, would have fallen out of my chair. Not so anymore. Forget the beach, its very tourtisty and a shadow of its 90's self. Likewise forget the Grove which is basically a ghost town. The new areas, downtown, Midtown/design district, South Miami, even Coral Gables is in a renaisance.

Anyway, EPIC is a Klimpton, which are fun hotels, I think they have 9 in SF. This one, though, is by far the most snazzy. Maserratis and Bentlys and $6M dollar yachts in the front. I like the riverview rooms and always get updgraded to a higher floor. The rooms are beautiful, perfect. The views of the river, bay, and Brickell and amazing. The service (for such a big hotel) seems very kind and personable and not overly hip like the W's try to be either. The room service is always great. AND you really dont have to leave the hotel, they redid Area 31 on the 16 th floor with a huge patio and pool and restaurant and its fantastic, Zuma, which is world famous is in the lobby. Serioulsy this is the IT place. Oh, and yeah, the SPA is great too. My favorite place in Maimi.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Felix B, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
neurovictory
Thanks for your awesome review on trip advisor. I am super happy your entire experience was truly EPIC. On a personal note, I totally agree with you about the Miami downtown area. 10 years ago, not really the place you wanted to be. What a change, now it has become super trendy and upcoming.
We can't wait to have you back / EPIC wishes / Felix Brandt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (633)
Nova Scotia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

This is a lovely hotel. I stayed at the Hyatt across the street the first night and switched to the Epic for the rest of my stay. No comparison. Newer, nicer, friendlier and overall a great hotel. I stayed on the club level and the food quality far exceeded my expectations. One evening the meal served was fresh Mahi mahi, fresh salmon and fresh snapper, along with salads and an open bar. would definitely stay here again in Miami and I will try one of their other hotels when I have the opportunity.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Rbhali
Thanks for your terrific review. I am excited to learn about your awesome experience at our Club level on the top floor. Our Chef was pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the food. Take my personal advice and start enjoying the perks of becoming a Kimpton in touch member. It's free.
Trust me, you will not regret staying at other Kimpton hotels if style, personalized service and great food is what you are looking for.
Please come back soon / EPIC wishes / Felix Brandt
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

First of all I would like to say a Big thank you to all the staff, at this fantastic hotel, for making us all feel so welcome.
we stayed here for 4 nights from 3/02/14 x 2 rooms before going on a cruise out of Miami,
and we all felt sorry to leave the hotel to get the ship, as we were having such a good time
the old saying of location, location is spot on with this hotel
and there is nothing negative I could say about any aspect of this hotel .
it will be first port of call next time we sail out of Miami without doubt.
once again

Room Tip: try for a bay/river view, 20-27 floor for the view join loyalty program to receive free Wifi
186402Ian
Thanks for sharing the great experience you had on trip advisor. Considering us as "possibly the best hotel in Miami", doesn't get any better for me.
Please come back soon, our great rooms and staff are here for you any time.
EPIC wishes / Felix Brandt
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Everything about this hotel was amazing. From the minute we drove up and were greeted to the desk staff etc, it was the best experience. Not once were we not welcomed with a smile, friendly conversation, etc. The room was one of the most beautiful I have ever stayed in. We were on the 24th floor and had an outstanding view of our surroundings. The design and fixtures in the room were most unusal, relaxing and very upscale. I definately look forward to staying there again. I am a travel agent and hope to book my clients at this location.

Carole H
Thanks a lot for your great review. I am super thrilled how much you enjoyed the stylish ambiance of our hotel and certainly the view and the rooms. As a travel agent you have been around, compliments from a travel pro are hard to achieve. I am super excited that we did not only meet but exceeded your expections.
Please come back soon / EPIC wishes / Felix Brandt
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Last year, after a stay at the Epic for the Miami Boat Show, I sadly wrote a very negative review about the Epic. The Kimpton Hotel Chain, hotels we adore, had just taken it over and had not had time to bring it up to Kimpton standards. Well, what a difference a year makes!! We gave the hotel another shot during the 2014 Boat Show and, boy, does it shine!! In every way.

We knew, right away, that things were different beginning with staff. The people we had praised last year were still there, doing a great job. The conniving concierge and the sneaky bartender were long gone!

Reservations, check-in, excellent advance rates for a downtown Miami hotel, lovely amenities were perfect. The double king room was spacious, clean and, as always, filled with those architectural details that distinguish Kimpton. The view overlooking the bay and surrounding skyscrapers is amazing.

No service was too small. The restaurants, Zuma and Area 31, were delicious adventures in cuisine and people watching, room service was prompt and delicious and concierge service got us a car and driver for the day on short notice.

It was a perfect stay -- I mean really....how often can you say that about a hotel?? Great to see the Epic transformed by Kimpton.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view looking towards the cruise terminal.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We stayed at the EPIC when we moved to Miami last year while we waited on our furniture to arrive. It was clean, modern and had great restaurants. Our room was spacious and very comfortable. We also had a lovely view of the Miami River and a little of the bay. We highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I was truly impressed with the hotel. The ambiance was nice and the room was quite large. The view of the river and neighboring buildings at night weren't as bad as I thought they we would be. I highly recommend Epic even for a night stay.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Coconut Grove
4.0 of 5 stars 1,127 reviews
Conrad Miami
#8 of 115 in Miami
4.5 of 5 stars 1,319 reviews

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!