“As would be expected for a Kimpton, Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

Up to 30% off
Ranked #7 of 113 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Asheville, North Carolina
“As would be expected for a Kimpton, Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Beautiful lobby, spacious rooms, delicious in house restaurant (Area 31) was incredible, heard that Zuma is even more so. Had a king view room w/ balcony which was perfect. Love the Kimpton chain, they are our "go-to" hotels when not staying at vacation rentals. Kimptons are consistently consistent and wonderful.

Service, setting, cleanliness, appointments, comfort, customer care, In-Touch membership are all exemplary.

Can't go wrong, highly recommend Kimptons and Epic at every occasion.

Green Features: Eco-friendly and recycle program is reassuring, promising and more reason to stay at this and any Kimpton.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (609)
Pembroke Pines, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

First off i'd like to thank the G.M. Brett Orlando who has been quiet gracious and there for all my concerns. Working in the same industry but filling ships i truly do like when the service is just as good as the accommodations.

The first time i stayed at the Epic in Miami was in September and will be staying tomorrow night for Valentines Day with my girlfriend(which they assisted me with flowers etc). From the second you pull up to the lobby i could tell it was going to be a great time. Coming into the private elevators going up to my room the first thing i loved was the view, right in the heart of Downtown, and the view was amazing(across from the ViceRoy) and the waterway below. What i especially did like was the handwritten note Brett left in my room; I'm big when it comes to the small things.
Room service is great, room is great and look forward to going to Area 31 this time which i didn't have time last time as well as the pool area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I decided to book a room for the night since we were having a romantic dinner at the hotel Zuma. The hotel is gorgeous, the service is top notch! We asked for a late checkout and it was no problem. The door key even worked after check out time. There is a great happy hour on the 16th floor by the pool. Valet was very courteous and professional even when it was a madhouse. This is our first visit to this hotel and being Miami locals it will not be our last! Loved loved this hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

This is the second time I've stayed at the Epic and both experiences have been excellent. A nice clean and modern feel to the hotel. Great views of the Miami River opening up onto the Bay. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend. The outdoor bar on the 16th floor is a great place for a cocktail.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

The Epic Hotel is modern, accessible, with first rate amenities. We stayed at the Epic Hotel before our Celebrity Cruise. Epic is ultramodern from the grand foyer right up to the room. We had a bright light filled room with a bay view framed by high rise condos and yachts. Ashley greeted us at the desk with a warm smile and enthusiasm to ensure we had a good experience. When she learned it was my birthday, she sent us a wine toast. On Ashley's recommendation we had lunch at Area 31 the roof top restaurant. The Area 31 food was delicious. We had seafood, salad, and wine. The 3 for 1 lunch deal was wonderful. Natalie F, our server gave us great recommendations and attentive, but not intrusive service I predict Natalie and Ashley will one day run the hotel. Klimpton Hotels are distinctive. This was our second Klimpton Hotel stay. We stayed at the Klimpton Hotel in Washington, DC, another gem. We will be back to the Epic Hotel Miami.

Room Tip: Ask for room 3006 to have a great bay view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Felix B, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Toussaint B
Thank you so much for your great review on tripadvisor and for having stayed with us both at the EPIC and in Washington. I love to hear how much you enjoyed your time at both properties.
We are all about style, great food and personalized service. Thanks for raving about exactly that.
Please come back soon to check on Ashleys potential promotion, we love to promote from within!
EPIC wishes/ Felix Brandt
Tallinn, Estonia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Found this hotel after looking online prior to my arrival to Miami. Was in town to see an old girlfriend I hadn't seen in 25 years.
The hotel is in a prime spot for the beach and surrounding areas.
I had a bad experience later on in my trip with the Setai hotel and was thankful that I was staying here.
All of the staff were warm and respectful. Rooms were nice and I could see the sunsets!
Only complaint ws that I had to go home

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thanks so much for your great review. Considering us the best place in Miami certainly doesn't get any better. Our staff being warm and respectful makes me especially proud. EPIC and Kimpton are all about true genuine care, I am glad you got to experience it.
Please come back soon, our friendly staff is waiting!
EPIC wishes/ Felix Brandt
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I booked a room for just 2 nights and as a inner circle member i try to go to Kimpton hotels when i have a chance.
I have been going to the Epic Hotel for over 15 times and i can tell you that expect for one time I have enjoyed every stay a lot.
This time I was greeted by Alejandro at the front desk and he made me feel imidiately like I felt I was home. I got an upgrade to a better room by arrival and i have to say ot was a fantastic room! I would recommend everybody to upgrade to a suite, its money well spend.
The room they gave me was 2619 which has beautifull views over the river. Special thanks to Tara to be so professional and to be so helpful with any questions i had, she is top notch.
Also special Thanks to the pool team where nothing seems impossible. An advice ask at the pool for Oscar, Carlos or Andrew... They will serve you at the pool like no other hotel does. Fantastic guys!
Go to the epic, It wil be an epic stay!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite or try the club level!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!