“Excellent luxury stay!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
New York City
“Excellent luxury stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

This was my first visit to this hotel and I will definitely be back. I stayed at the Epic for 3 nights on my way back home from a tour of Cuba. I wanted to luxuriate in the spa, watch movies and pig out on American food. I stayed in the Club level in room 2903 and it was fabulous. The room had a beautiful view of the city and the harbor, it was large and well designed, and the balcony was so big you could have a cocktail party out there. The Club lounge serves great food almost all day and wine/liquor is available from the afternoon onward. The two restaurants in the hotel are terrific. I liked Zuma so much that I ate there multiple times. In short, my pig-out dreams were fulfilled. I must also say that the people in the Club lounge could not have been nicer or more helpful. I didn't leave the hotel much, but when I did it was a convenient location. My spa treatments were terrific too. I did not get a chance to enjoy the pool area, as the Polar Vortex was visiting at the same time I was. I can't wait to find an excuse to get back to this hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Club level, room 2903, and it had a fantastic view of the city and the harbor and wa...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (576)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

The hotel is located in the new dowtown of Miami and is surrounded by the sea and streets. The hotel is very nice and the rooms are good too. The pool area has a great view. If you want to see the best cars in town and be in a cool place, this is for you.
I would visit it again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Great place and location downtown. No mass hotels, nice feel. Service great and personalized. Good restaurant and pool area. Building not very obvious as a hotel, which I liked. definitely stay there during my next visit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Hamilton, Bermuda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Stayed here last year for the second time. Staff were just as helpful and friendly. Hotel hasn't changed much within a year but it still holds up to its standards. The only gripe I had was the valet service. I wish there was something they could do to expedite the car service but I understand that it's quite difficult as the property doesn't sit on much real-estate. Expect to wait at least 10 minutes before getting your car from the parking garage connected to the hotel. Other than that it's a great hotel. We stayed in the same type of room - a waterview king - The view was just as nice, especially at night. Next time I'm in Miami I will be staying here as this is my go-to hotel whenever I'm in the area!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are Inner Circle with Kimpton and needless to say we travel a great deal. This our fourth stay at the Epic. We love the location and ability to walk around the area. We fill out a preference list as part of profile and unfortunately the Epic missed our coffee pot in our room. The jacuzzi tub in our suite 2620 did not work and I really needed it. They did give us a late check-out - thanks so much Zachary! We got to have a great Sunday brunch. When we returned our door key didn't work - back downstairs to get it reprogrammed. Back upstairs and guess what, still didn't work. Back downstairs for the second time to be told it should work, really?! You think I have nothing to do but come down and bug you?! Thank goodness someone else stepped in and sent security to meet us to reset our lock, finally we got in. Nothing tragic in any of this but when you pay the rates you pay for the Epic, being Inner Circle and long time loyal Kimpton customers I expect more. Maybe next time.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
NYC, US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

This is a 3rd time we are conning back to this hotel.
Room tip: 1830 is looking over the exhaust from the kitchen of Area 31 restaurant. So you will not be able to spend time on the balcony. But views from this room are not greatest so it's not a big deal.
I specifically want to mention pool side and pool supervisor Oscar. This man runs a very nice and professional operation. Everyone very friendly, fast, food is good. Oscar and his crew makes you feel very welcome and makes your day hassle free. You want it? you got it! Good job! Coming back again and will recommend to friends.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Great and fast customer service upon check in! The room was amazingly clean and the free berries and cheese were delicious.The balcony was really big, with great views to the river/canal. We walked to Brickell village which has several restaurants and a few shops.
Something to point out: The valet service was a bit awkward! Upon arrival 5 valet guys were just looking at us as if we were in the wrong place. We had to get out of the car and finaly one of them asked if we were checking in! Very unorganized! Checking out, they keep asking us what kind of car it was! Seems like they could not find it!

Room Tip: South Canal view
Green Features: Noticed they labeled the bin in the room for recycles and trash.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!