“Sensational service and style in Epic proportions!” 5 of 5 stars

25% Off + FREE Upgrade
Ranked #6 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“Sensational service and style in Epic proportions!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Arriving in Miami a day early for my cruise, my partner and I made the decision to stay at the Epic. It was probably one of the best hotels that I have stayed in. Our room on the 26th floor besides being stylish had some of the most marvelous views of Miami harbor. I found the decor in the room to be classic ultra modern with all the amenities that one would expect and more. The hot tub that looked out over both the bedroom and balcony giving an incomparable view of the outside scenery was unexpected but appreciated. The front desk was both welcoming and informative as well as being extremely personable. Greeting each guest with complimentary drinks, one was made to feel that they were indeed a valued customer. I have made it my mission to try the Klimpton hotels in the cities that I plan on visitng, the next one being in Philadelphia. I am really looking forward to being a loyal Klimpton customer.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Felix B, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Kevin C
Thanks so much for your awesome review. I am super happy to learn that you not only have become a fan of EPIC but are now looking into checking out some of our Kimpton sister properties. EPIC and Kimpton are all about style and service, you really hit who we are in your review!
Check out our website at Kimptonhotels.com and we are looking forward to assiting you with your Kimpton journey.
EPIC wishes / Felix Brandt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Really great experience from check-in to check-out. Professional and accommodating service. Got a bonus free drink upon check-in because it was my birthday. Rooms were big and nicely appointed. Pool was chill, great place to lounge or swim; fun little huts to stay in as well to keep out of the sun. Only complaint is the valet - they tend to be jammed up at most times and takes a while to get your car and then even longer to get out of the circular driveway. Modern and beautiful property, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Felix B, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Terri S
Thanks a lot for your review on trip advisor. By calling us a "cool vibe" with a pool to chill accompanied by professional and accomodating service, you have hit the nail on the head. All that is what makes us EPIC.
Thanks again for noticing. On another note, we do have a super busy valet operation.
Sorry about the delay. Please come back soon.
Bermuda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for the second year in a row for New Years. The hotel service as always was amazing! We arrived very early in the morning, well before check in, and despite this our room was ready within the hour. The rooms are very spacious and clean, and offer a very scenic view of the Biscayne Bay. Last year we did experience a slight hiccup with the shower temperature. Unfortunately, we were obviously showering at a time when many others were as well as the water temperature was less than desirable (I like a steaming hot water). It appeared this was also the case this year so we decided to aim to get up earlier in the morning and thankfully did not experience this problem at this time. We rang in the New Year on our balcony and thoroughly enjoyed the music being played at a party around the pool. The fireworks display was also amazing for a second year in a row! The only two negatives about our stay this year were that we could often here our neighbors in the rooms next to ours talking or when they had their TV on. We did not experience this last year and often heard it from both sides of the wall. Overall it was not a total irritant as we spent a great deal of time outside of the hotel room but at times when we were there, it was slightly annoying. Also, the valet service at the hotel is in need of DIRE improvements. While the valets are very friendly, they take forever to retrieve your car. I know that there are a lot of people staying at the hotel and believe me, I don't expect my car within seconds, but a 20+ minute daily wait can get quite tedious!! I know these valets work extremely hard but it is obvious that there is a breakdown in efficiency somewhere. If this could have been amended our stay would have been close to perfect. We would like to return here again this year so hopefully they've managed to change this by then!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Foodie788
Thanks so much for your review and for having stayed with us over New Year's two years in a row. It's great to hear you had a good time with us and are considering your third stay with us!
When it comes to our Valet, I do understand your point. Trust me, we are doing everything in our power to speed up the car delivery, however with the New Year's business we did have some challenges due to the extremely high volume which I cannot deny.
We look forward to having you back, send me a quick note prior to your visit, so I can personally ensure that your loyalty will not go unnoticed.
Surrey, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

This review is biased because I stay at the EPIC Kimpton in Miami all the time, in fact whenever I am in Miami. I have stayed at many different hotels in Miami, and I keep coming back to the EPIC. The Mandarin Oriental in Miami is also excellent but almost always considerably more expensive. I have done the rounds in Miami, so believe me you will struggle to beat the EPIC. There are some issues like the hotel getting so popular the valet drop off hotel arrival area is turning into a circus and I have suffered very poor service (previous visit) in the understaffed bar area, but these are not (yet) deal breakers and I will be back at the EPIC again next week!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Stephen H
Thanks you so much for your splendid review and for being one of our regulars.
Being your winning hotel in Miami is a great compliment and makes us all very proud.
I promise you, we will continue to deliver.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We came in between Christmas and New Years, the hotel was very full but even at capacity the staff was very professional, friendly and upbeat. Christoper was very accomodating and charming. We had 3 rooms for our family and all experienced a wonderful time. We would definitely return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Haydrew2
Thanks for sharing your experience. I loved your comment that our staff was very professional, friendly and upbeat. Our staff genuinly cares as much for our guests as we care for them.
I am really happy you felt this way.
Please come back soon. EPIC wishes / Felix Brandt
Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Had a wonderful stay at the Epic Hotel over the holidays. Room and amenities were terrific, and all the staff were very friendly. Special thanks to Zachary who checked us in and provided great information for our stay. I would definitely stay at the Epic again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Felix B, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Justin L
Thanks for your great review and for having stayed with us over the holidays. Trust me Zachary, one of our managers at the Front Office was happy to be recognized.
Please come back soon. EPIC wishes / Felix Brandt
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

In classic Kimpton fashion, the Epic is a luxury, modern hotel with exceptional customer service! After being delayed in Miami for several days due to snow storms in Chicago, I chose the Epic through a flash sale website. Not only was I impressed with the stylish rooms, great location and water views, but also the helpfulness of Tara and Malik at the from desk when I needed to extend my stay by several days. This is definitely one of the premier properties in downtown Miami!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
CWmsWow
Thanks a lot for this awesome review. Sometimes in life the unforeseen brings out the best!
I am thrilled you found us through a flash sale and enjoyed your stay with us so much.
"Customer service and class" is what EPIC is all about. Our great staff members like Malik and Tara do personally care about each one of our guests and truly deserve the recognition you gave them.
Prior to your next trip, check us out at Kimptonhotels.com, we certainly can't wait to have you back.
EPIC wishes / Felix Brandt

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!