“Great Second Stay, but Valet Needs Improving!” 4 of 5 stars

25% Off + FREE Upgrade
Ranked #6 of 130 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Bermuda
“Great Second Stay, but Valet Needs Improving!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for the second year in a row for New Years. The hotel service as always was amazing! We arrived very early in the morning, well before check in, and despite this our room was ready within the hour. The rooms are very spacious and clean, and offer a very scenic view of the Biscayne Bay. Last year we did experience a slight hiccup with the shower temperature. Unfortunately, we were obviously showering at a time when many others were as well as the water temperature was less than desirable (I like a steaming hot water). It appeared this was also the case this year so we decided to aim to get up earlier in the morning and thankfully did not experience this problem at this time. We rang in the New Year on our balcony and thoroughly enjoyed the music being played at a party around the pool. The fireworks display was also amazing for a second year in a row! The only two negatives about our stay this year were that we could often here our neighbors in the rooms next to ours talking or when they had their TV on. We did not experience this last year and often heard it from both sides of the wall. Overall it was not a total irritant as we spent a great deal of time outside of the hotel room but at times when we were there, it was slightly annoying. Also, the valet service at the hotel is in need of DIRE improvements. While the valets are very friendly, they take forever to retrieve your car. I know that there are a lot of people staying at the hotel and believe me, I don't expect my car within seconds, but a 20+ minute daily wait can get quite tedious!! I know these valets work extremely hard but it is obvious that there is a breakdown in efficiency somewhere. If this could have been amended our stay would have been close to perfect. We would like to return here again this year so hopefully they've managed to change this by then!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Felix B, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Foodie788
Thanks so much for your review and for having stayed with us over New Year's two years in a row. It's great to hear you had a good time with us and are considering your third stay with us!
When it comes to our Valet, I do understand your point. Trust me, we are doing everything in our power to speed up the car delivery, however with the New Year's business we did have some challenges due to the extremely high volume which I cannot deny.
We look forward to having you back, send me a quick note prior to your visit, so I can personally ensure that your loyalty will not go unnoticed.
EPIC wishes / Felix Brandt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
Surrey, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

This review is biased because I stay at the EPIC Kimpton in Miami all the time, in fact whenever I am in Miami. I have stayed at many different hotels in Miami, and I keep coming back to the EPIC. The Mandarin Oriental in Miami is also excellent but almost always considerably more expensive. I have done the rounds in Miami, so believe me you will struggle to beat the EPIC. There are some issues like the hotel getting so popular the valet drop off hotel arrival area is turning into a circus and I have suffered very poor service (previous visit) in the understaffed bar area, but these are not (yet) deal breakers and I will be back at the EPIC again next week!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Stephen H
Thanks you so much for your splendid review and for being one of our regulars.
Being your winning hotel in Miami is a great compliment and makes us all very proud.
I promise you, we will continue to deliver.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We came in between Christmas and New Years, the hotel was very full but even at capacity the staff was very professional, friendly and upbeat. Christoper was very accomodating and charming. We had 3 rooms for our family and all experienced a wonderful time. We would definitely return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Haydrew2
Thanks for sharing your experience. I loved your comment that our staff was very professional, friendly and upbeat. Our staff genuinly cares as much for our guests as we care for them.
I am really happy you felt this way.
Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Had a wonderful stay at the Epic Hotel over the holidays. Room and amenities were terrific, and all the staff were very friendly. Special thanks to Zachary who checked us in and provided great information for our stay. I would definitely stay at the Epic again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Felix B, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Justin L
Thanks for your great review and for having stayed with us over the holidays. Trust me Zachary, one of our managers at the Front Office was happy to be recognized.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

In classic Kimpton fashion, the Epic is a luxury, modern hotel with exceptional customer service! After being delayed in Miami for several days due to snow storms in Chicago, I chose the Epic through a flash sale website. Not only was I impressed with the stylish rooms, great location and water views, but also the helpfulness of Tara and Malik at the from desk when I needed to extend my stay by several days. This is definitely one of the premier properties in downtown Miami!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
CWmsWow
Thanks a lot for this awesome review. Sometimes in life the unforeseen brings out the best!
I am thrilled you found us through a flash sale and enjoyed your stay with us so much.
"Customer service and class" is what EPIC is all about. Our great staff members like Malik and Tara do personally care about each one of our guests and truly deserve the recognition you gave them.
Prior to your next trip, check us out at Kimptonhotels.com, we certainly can't wait to have you back.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I traveled there and was it very amazing the new year!!! Zuma is inside the hotel that is very amazing!!! Thanks Epic!!!!! This trip was amazing!!! Every night i was at Zuma!!! Very good restuarant!!! I play ps4 on the tv and was amazing!!!! Very thank you!!!

Stayed December 2013
Pedro S
Thanks for your review and for having stayed with us over New Year! Great to hear how much you enjoyed the hotel and the restaurant.
West Palm Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We came down for a "girls' weekend" birthday celebration and had an amazing time. My friend, the birthday girl was delighted to see a personalized birthday cookie with fresh strawberry in the room for our arrival, We stayed on the club level and the view from there was phenomenal. Oscar, the concierge helped to make our experience a true celebration. We had dinner in Zuma which was nice, however not quite as fabulous as I had hoped. (Don't bother trying to reserve on Open Table- it would always appear to be booked. The hotel concierge was able to secure reservations for us.)
In the morning, I was expecting a continental breakfast in the club lounge. It was continental PLUS! The fruit platter was exceptional as was the smoked salmon.
It was a fantastic stay and I hope to return again soon.

Room Tip: Stay on the club level!