“Epic is EPIC!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Los Angeles, California
“Epic is EPIC!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Our driver pulled up to the Epic and BEFORE the door opened a bellman was at the back pulling our bags out. We walk to front desk and NOTHING but pure smiles were given and great customer service AS WELL as a nice cool glass of champagne to cool you off after the Miami humid rain storm out we stepped out of. There was infused COLD water as well.

Bellman waited until all of our check-in was complete an took us to our room. When you walked in EVERYTHING was bright airy and SO FRESH! LOVED EVERYTHING! the beautiful balcony with the SUPER awesome view of city and waterway.

The bathroom with the rain shower head as well was immaculate. The tub sits nestled in the corner where there is a window so from the bedroom you can see into the tub. A romantic touch. There is a shade you can pull down if need.

I was happy with the iHome system so I could hear music. The TV and phone were up to date as well. Bed was SUPER comfy!

The concierge was SO VERY helpful! They even set up our cool tour of the everglades.

I was SAD to leave. I only spent ONE night there but am SO READY to go back. REALLY a great value for the money.

I can't comment on WiFi being that I vowed to use as little electronic communication on vacation. And I had car service so I do not know about how well valet is. But EVERYTHING I experienced was EPIC!

The name is EPIC! and EPIC it was! Thank you Epic! I am NOW a Kimpton fan!

Room Tip: Just ask for a high floor water view. You get a this GREAT building and water view together.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
lowbuxlux
Thanks for sharing such wonderful feedback from your recent stay at EPIC. We are thrilled to hear about your amazing stay and that you were very impressed by our attentive service – from our bell man to our Concierges. We are glad we turned you into a Kimpton fan and can’t wait for you to visit us again.
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (530)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

The Epic hotel defines the meaning of hospitality. I own a apartment in Miami not too far from the Epic, and yet I would rather spend an affordable amount to stay at this Hotel. Excellent service, huge rooms, every square foot of the room is useful. I have nothing negative to say. The breakfast and pool is a must to visit.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Davetheprotraveler
Thanks for your wonderful review. We appreciate your kind words about our hotel’s ambience, services and amenities. We are happy you are enjoying our restaurant AREA31, which recently reopened and our newly updated pool area.
We are looking forward to your next visit.
Glencoe, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stayed here before leaving for a cruise. Located 2.5 miles from the port. Hotel itself is very nice, however the weekend s it does get loud with music at the pool & the restaurant/bar. Traffic noise is loud also in rooms next to the bridge.

Room Tip: Suggest getting a room on a higher floor (we were on the 26th & it was still loud). Also those...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
twistedz64
Thanks for sharing your comments on tripadvisor. We are sorry to hear that your stay was not to your complete satisfaction and we like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced regarding the noises. Every Thursday and Friday night we host our AREA31 happy hour – voted best happy hour in Miami – on our roof top terrace, with DJ and lots of guests and locals. Please feel free to ask for a room facing the city skyline next time you return, which provides you more tranquility.
We hope you will be visiting us again and looking forward to your next stay.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed at the EPIC Miami for 3 nights in July and loved every minute of it! From the moment you walk into the lobby, you feel like you’ve been whisked away to a resort. We were in Miami for my sister’s birthday – and at check-in they greeted us with champagne and happy birthday wishes. It was a very nice start to our stay.

The lobby and common areas are beautiful and nicely maintained. Our room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. We especially loved being able to step out on the balcony and take in the views. Each morning we enjoyed watching the boats come and go. We also spent a long afternoon at the rooftop pool and loved it. Great views, helpful pool staff, gorgeous layout, and even a dj one night. We didn’t want to leave! All the staff that we encountered throughout our stay were friendly, welcoming, and helpful.

There were so many nice touches that really elevated our experience and made our stay enjoyable. Without a doubt, this was my favorite Kimpton stay so far. We will definitely return, and we recommend EPIC to everyone we know! A top notch hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Nikki607
Thanks for your lovely comments from your stay at EPIC. We are glad you and your sister had a wonderful birthday getaway and celebrated in style with some bubbly in a perfect setting. Our rooms and pool area with breathtaking views are definitely inviting for some R&R. We are glad you enjoyed our hotels services and ambience. Thanks for recommending us to other travelers.
We are looking forward to your return.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed here last December over the holidays, including New Years Eve. Our kids became sick with a stomach flu during the night and the housekeeping staff was incredible! I wish I remembered the name of the chambermaid who practically stayed in our room all night as she kept changing sheets, getting us water, tea, Gatorade, calling a doctor, bringing fresh towels and sheets, making the beds...she stayed with us for hours to help us through that night ! The next morning -New Years Day- we were so exhausted and changed our plans to not take another flight. I called down to the concierge a few minutes before check out and asked if it was possible to get a rental car that day. I had checked online and everything was rented at airport, and downtown locations mostly closed. Oscar called back within 10 minutes and said a car would be waiting for us in 15 mins...unbelievable service, and major discounted rental rate! I echo what everyone has said about beautiful spa, pool, lobby...a modern and happening vibe. If we return to Miami this holidays, this would be the only hotel I would consider staying.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
florida078
Thanks for your detailed feedback. We are sorry to hear about your kids, but we are happy to read your lovely comments about our caring staff. We are glad our employees were able to make necessary arrangements for you, to make your stay and departure as smooth as possible. We hope you will be spending this year’s New Eve with us again and looking forward to your return.
Orlando, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I am writing this letter to let you know about my experience while staying at the EPIC Hotel in Downtown Miami.

Overall my visit at your hotel was very comfortable. The front desk help was very attentive and polite. The person who worked the wine tasting event on Saturday afternoon was very generous and a pleasure to interact with. Housekeeping was friendly and helpful. When I heard music coming from the pool area, they told me all about the pool parties and encouraged me to go down and enjoy the event. The “turn-down” service staff was very efficient and punctual. However, there were a few hiccups during our stay that I wanted to give you feedback on for future improvement.

My partner and I were traveling with our pet, and we always prefer to stay at Kimpton Hotels because they make the extra effort to welcome our animals as part of our family. This is rare, but greatly appreciated. Normally when I book with your family of hotels, the staff already knows we’re traveling with our dog and has a bed, treats, bowls and a chew toy waiting for her. I was disappointed that the EPIC Hotel did not extend that courtesy to us. Also to my surprise was the lack of pet areas on property. When I asked the front desk for an clean and safe area where my dog could get some exercise and “make”, they referred me to a sketchy, dirty, gravel area under an overpass next to the hotel. Every Kimpton Hotel I have stayed at has prided itself on being pet friendly and they always have an area either on property or nearby where guest can feel safe with their pets. This was a huge disappointment.

My biggest disappointment was the valet service, only because it was my first impression of the property. Upon arriving to the property we were greeted with complete disarray. We arrived at 9pm on a Friday night and waited endlessly for a valet attendant to notice us. There must have been around 10 valet staff just standing around doing nothing as the continuous flow of vehicles arrived and waited for someone to take notice. Additionally, the entry way was incredibly difficult to maneuver when you have your valet staff ornate the front of the hotel like its a high-end car dealership. It’s completely uninviting and pretentious. This scene played itself out all over again on Saturday night. I understand there are trendy restaurants on property, but this shouldn’t come at a price to the hotel guest. Keep in mind, this driveway chaos is your hotel’s first impression. It’s a huge hurdle to overcome if this is where your guest start their vacations.

Overall, again I stress that your property is very nice, comfortable, and clean. However, the completely stressful situation trying to get in and out of the hotel and the lack of safe pet friendly facilities is enough to make me NOT want to return to the property.

Thank you.

Room Tip: We were on the 23rd floor facing Biscayne Blvd Way. All you can see is the other hotel parking gara...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Alex A
Thanks for taking the time and sharing your detailed feedback with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay at EPIC. However, we are disappointed to see that you felt we lacked on our ‘pet friendliness’ and that the area our staff suggested to walk your doggy felt unsafe to you. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience experienced regarding the valet parking service, as well. We are a very busy hotel with trendy restaurants and bars. Therefore, our driveway can get pretty busy on weekend nights.
We sincerely hope you will be giving us another chance and returning to EPIC with your ‘fury friend’ in the future.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I visit the hotel for a 3-night stay in October 2013. The facility was impressive and the public spaces were plentiful, comfortable and clean. The staff was professional and welcoming and we were made to feel as if we were their guests and not just another customer.

Our room was 2305. It was spacious and very comfortable and afforded nice views of the Miami River and Biscayne Bay. We spent a lot of time on the balcony enjoying the vistas and watching the boat traffic.

The hotel's Zuma restaurant is top rated in the area and attracts a vibrant clientele.

Meals and a la carte materials are expensive. For example, the buffet breakfast in Area 31 is priced at $21 per person. The food was good, of course, and the setting was lovely, but this is pricey fare nonetheless. We saw more than a few people returning with bags from the local CVS where they had apparently stocked up instead of paying the hotel's prices for such things.

Overall, a first rate hotel and first rate service. We will visit Epic again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing east and south will be above the swimming pools. Resulting noise inside the rooms is n...
James N
Thanks for sharing such wonderful comments from your stay at EPIC. We are glad you felt like home in our comfy and modern guest rooms and our staff took good care of you.
We appreciate you are rating us first class and we are looking forward to you next stay.
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!