“Shiny” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 131 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
“Shiny”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Glass, marble, and chrome. But still comfortable, very much due to the staff. I've stayed here many times and have never been treated anything but special. And I'm here on business, so I'm not a big spender, but it doesn't seem to matter. Don't be intimidated by the "beautiful people" coming and going. Just enjoy your little slice of the good life!

Room Tip: Though the rooms overlooking the bay and the pool have great views, you also have the noise of the b...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Shoppinggirl353
Thanks for your nice words. We are glad that each time you visit EPIC you feel comfy and getting pampered by our employees. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon. Please be our guest again.

1,848 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My latest stay at the Epic was an example of the lengths the Kimpton staff will go to make the customer happy. Arguably one of the most beautiful properties in the Kimpton hotel chain, the Epic Hotel has proved itself a winner. Not at my best this visit, I arrived early to the hotel. Although assuming my room would not be ready, I had not dressed for Miami from New England. Seth M, one of the premier front desk staff members at any Kimpton I have stayed at (includes over 30 of them!) bent over backwards to allow me to 1) change into beachwear from travel-wear with no time limit while he monitored my luggage, 2) gave me a clothing bag for my change of clothes to store and called me when my room was ready later in the day. The next day, Seth took care of a few erroneous charges, that were gone within seconds before checking out. He and the rest of the staff amazed me when they took care of cleaning my room the following day late in the evening because I pressed the do not disturb button instead of the clean my room button. They abided by my incorrect wishes, never disturbing me, and Berthe of the service staff cleaned my room late night with a smile and a respectful demeanor. I do have status with the chain, but I am always so pleased to see all guests treated with such care! The onsite spa, infinity pool and bay view are all stunning. Thank you Epic.

Room Tip: Ask for a bay view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
tennis0101
Thanks for your amazing review. We are thrilled that our staff, especially Seth and Berthe made a lasting impression and provided amazing guest service. We appreciate your compliments EPIC being one of the best Kimpton properties you have ever visited and we are glad you enjoyed everything our hotel has to offer, from Exhale Spa, to our pool area with stunning views and our signature restaurant AREA31.
We are looking forward to your next stay.
South Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I just spent the weekend at the Epic with my wife and we had a great time. The hotel is a little of the beaten path but you can walk to wherever you need.
The hotel itself is beautiful and the room was fantastic. We had a great balcony over the bay and had great views of Miami. The service was great and they couldn't do enough to help us out.
One complaint is that we had a room with an adjoining door. The noise from the room next door wad very loud especially at 1 am. The sound proofing is pretty bad. We mentioned it to the manager the next morning and he suggested to ask for a non-adjoining room next time. He gave us a credit on some bar charges which very nice.
The pool wad also great except one of the 2 pools was closed. There was a dj at the pool most of the day which added to the Miami vibe; it was a lot of fun.
Breakfast was also great.
Watch out for valet parking. It's $37/night but you don't have many options.
We will definitely stay there again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
safman16
Thanks for sharing your comments from your recent stay with us. We are sorry to hear about the noises from the neighboring room, but we are glad our staff was rectifying it before you left. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly and caring staff as well as the entertainment at our pool area on Saturdays.
We are looking forward to your next stay with us.
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

This hotel is an oasis set amongst the hustle and bustle of down town Miami. We were there for business and once that was finished we didn’t bother to leave the hotel – it had everything one could ask for. If you can pay the extra to be at the Club Level do so as it’s worth it. Floors 29 and 30 are only for Club guests, the views are incredible, your own balcony is very private, there is a private lounge and the concierges are friendly and professional.
The pool area is spectacular to say the least with Area 31 nearby you can always have a fabulous cocktail to enhance the experience.
If you want to see all the beautiful people; enjoy a meal at Zuma on the ground floor.
With all the beauty and facilities that such an amazing hotel has to offer it still wouldn’t be worth anything if the staff wasn’t as they are. From housekeeping, reception, concierge to super valets - the management must be congratulated on their staff who are all absolutely professional, helpful and friendly,. We hope to visit this delight on a regular basis.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
susan h
Thanks for your wonderful review. It makes us happy to hear that you stayed longer at EPIC after your business meeting and enjoyed the personalized and attentive service our club level offers. We appreciate your nice words regarding all our other amenities and we are looking forward to your next stay.
Please return soon.
FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Modern hotel in the city of Miami, the décor is clean and modern. The staff was attentive. There are two restaurants. Zuma is a Japanese restaurant and Area 31 is described as fresh seafood. Unfortunately, I arrived at the hotel late and when I went to Area 31 at 9:45, I could not get anyone to notice me (closed at 10:00) so I used in-room dining which was good. The rooms are clean and again, modern in décor. My only complaint is they are somewhat small, hence the 4 star rather than 5 star rating for the hotel. It is also a pet friendly hotel, and unfortunately, there was a yappy little dog that awakened early in the room next to mine.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
alvinmc67
Thanks for your comments. We are sorry to hear about the restaurant experience and would like to sincerely apologize for not providing you the service you expected and deserve as our guest. We hope that you will be returning to EPIC in the future. Please note, that even we are a pet-friendly hotel, we have ‘pet-free’ floors available for our guest. Just request one next time you make your reservation or when you arrive at the hotel. We are looking forward to your next visit.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

For my first visit to Miami, I didn't want to feel that I was getting ripped off by staying near South Beach, and I also really wanted to have access to a premium pool experience. Luckily I found that and much more at EPIC.

The lobby and common spaces are all impressive and ipeccable. The evening wine hour was great because you could take your glass outside the lobby and watch boats pass along the canal into the bay. The pool area is amazing and while you may need to shift to maximize your sun exposure, there were plenty of chairs to relax including some really fun pods that you could takeover when it wasn't too packed. The pool definitely will have a DJ on Saturdays that cranks up the volume, but it added to a fun youthful vibe. And since the pool is several stories up, there's typically a breeze that can keep you cool when your reasonably priced frozen drink and snacks don't do the job.

The room was great for sharing with friends since they have balcony's and very spacious bathrooms in addition to well equipped rooms. Since it's Miami, we didn't do much but sleep in the room, but the beds were super comfortable, and we never heard any noise from other rooms. Housekeeping did a great job daily and the elevators were fast. I loved even how en route you could take a break and get some flavored water and fruit any time day or night.

The only trade off to EPIC is being downtown/Brickell area instead of right in Miami Beach. The taxis to all fo the hot spots were never more than $20-30, so sharing with a few friends made it very afforable since we spent LESS THAN HALF per night of a lesser quality room. With the extra money we saved, we were able to really celebrate in style and make sure the party never came back to our room. Given the top quality service from the hotel always able to greet us and treat us well, it felt great overall to be there.

Room Tip: Higher floors and a view of the canal are great! There really isn't a bad view!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
upgrademe81
Thanks for sharing such amazing comments from your stay. We are thrilled that you and your friends enjoyed everything EPIC has to offer. We are glad you had fun at our pool area, with a relaxing yet great vibe on weekends, as well as our hosted evening wine hour.
We hope you will be selecting our hotel again when visiting Miami. We are looking forward to your next stay.
Drouin, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed 5 nights at this hotel and enjoyed every minute of it. Free tea & coffee in the mornings in the reception and free wine for one hour in the evening. Hotel very clean and beds very comfortable. Did not eat in the restaurants as expensive but plenty of eating places outside hotel and very reasonable

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bill G
Thanks for sharing your great comments. We are thrilled to hear that you had a fantastic stay and especially appreciated our complimentary coffee and tea service as well as our hosted wine hour each evening.
We hope that your travels will bring you back to Miami and our hotel in the near future.
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!