“A great place” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Boston, Massachusetts
“A great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I lived this hotel for 3 nights. it is great and attractive, especially the dinner has a best taste and quality. The service is friendly and timely, when I stayed there this September. It is a family trip with my parents and two kids (one is 3 years old and the other is 5 years old). For the next trip, definitely we will select this hotel again and enjoy a new trip

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Chao L
Thanks for sharing your wonderful comments. We are happy that you had an amazing and relaxing stay with your entire family.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back. Please visit us again.

1,854 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

First time thirty years of traveling, this hotel let me check in at 6am in the morning! This hotel truly takes care of patrons like family! The room was clean the food was excellent, I will adopt the Kimpton hotel chain as one of first choices on my next trip!

Room Tip: Any room I believe will be a good choice.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Mike C
Thanks for sharing your experience form your stay at EPIC. Arriving on a red eye flight is not easy and we understand. We are happy that we were able to accommodate you very early morning.
We appreciate your kind words about our excellent service and that Kimpton hotels will be your first choice whenever you will travel again.
We hope you will be visiting us in the near future.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

After staying in many luxury hotels across the world, this small but surprisingly outstanding hotel is on its way to helping the Kimpton Brand become a leading player in Luxury hotels. Two stays this year, the most recent as long as two weeks due to relocation to Miami. Most outstanding is the sheer quality of the staff who are truly world class in respect of service. Zachery at front desk has service skills that match the Burj Al Arab's staff in Dubai (7 Star). Professional staff , Unbelievable customer service and quality care throughout the stay, Alexandra must also be noted for absolutely outstanding service skills. Epic is a busy hotel and nothing is too much trouble for their staff. Outstanding quality of room. Generous upgrades both occasions and outstanding food. Great all round. Hard to break away from the Hilton Group due to HHonors Diamond status, but EPIC has truly won me over. For those luxury travel customers that find US hotels inferior in general to Asian and Middle Eastern Hotels, You've found your place. You just have to try EPIC. I hope that management truly thank their outstanding staff at front desk. What an experience! Worth every cent. Just a note that it would be great if Kimpton group had some Air Mile awards like most other leading hotel groups, that would certainly boost your customer base even more. On sheer customer service and quality product, its worth forfeiting the miles for a truly luxurious experience. Many thanks to fine staff. Carmen Lee Fernandes.

Room Tip: Both sides great but Bayview a certain treat.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
luxuryreviewer1
Thanks for your outstanding review. It makes us very happy to hear that you recognized the outstanding service provided by Zachery and Alejandra. We are very proud to be recognized by such a savvy traveler as you are for our genuine care, friendliness and personalized service. We are thrilled that we turned you in to a Kimpton fan and loyal guest of our brand.
We are looking forward to your next stay with us.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed here overnight while on business and enjoyed the open space of the lobby, cool vibe of the staff and modern clean look. The room was comfortable, average sized with a nice bathroom with stand up glass doored shower and open wall to the room, all with plenty of natural light. The small balcony afforded a nice view of the Miami River and downtown filled with glass towers. For a 'cool' boutique highrise hotel, however, it was hardly high tech. The wireless kept dropping out so that I had to use the hard wire ethernet cable, the TV was flat screen but not HD, and there were no lights within reach of the bed. Also, I had a connected room and my next-door neighbor liked loud TV and had a very early alarm clock that woke me. The pool area on a terrace on the 16th floor was narrow and lost sunlight by 3:30, and the overpriced, small drinks ($15 for a mojito) were disappointing. On the other hand, the very trendy Zuma restaurant really had great sushi and lots of beautiful patrons as well as food.
Overall, a very nice stay but not exceptional or unique in any way.

Room Tip: Avoid a connected room and seek one on the water side.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
hepadoc
Thanks for taking the time and sharing your review from your stay on tripadvisor. We are sorry for the inconvenience you experienced regarding the internet connectivity in your room and for not exceeding your expectations with our amenities and offerings. However, we are glad to hear that your dining experience at ZUMA was amazing and that you enjoyed your overall stay at EPIC.
We are looking forward to your next visit.
milton keynes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night pre cruise and it was fantastic, complimentary wine in the lobby when we arrived. Very large room, huge bathroom, clean and well appointed. We would like to stay here again if we are taking or leaving a cruise in Miami.

• Stayed February 2013
global traveler number one
Thanks for your great comments. We are thrilled to hear that you had a fantastic stay and enjoyed our comfy rooms and amenities we offer. We are looking forward to your return.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stayed one week with a colleague on business in room 2818. The room was spacious, well equipped and comfortable with attractive décor. The views from the upper floor are superb.
Front desk upgraded us from a city-view room to a water-view room. I had stayed in other Kimpton hotels, but I have to say I am blown away with the service of the staff. I ordered breakfast and was delicious. Vanesa, our server, was pleasant, polite, caring and exceedingly patient. I was having an issue with my internet connection and she offered to help. The hotel has awesome features, but the enthusiastic-can-do people's attitude is the reason why I will be back. It was a fantastic experience, I can't wait to bring my family.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Kevin R
Thanks for your fantastic review. It makes us happy to see that our staff service was friendly and attentive. We are glad Vanessa was able to assist you with your internet needs and she made a lasting impression. We are looking forward to your next visit and to welcome you family at our hotel.
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Great views, staff and modern rooms. I was there for a three day conference - and enjoyed the very happening internationally-influenced Miami scene in the downstairs bar/restaurant, Zuma.

Not inexpensive, but also well priced for the value. One note - I was traveling alone - and loved the "open plan" bedroom/bath, which had a light, roomy feel. But if you need/want a lot of privacy between the bed area and the bath, you might want to try elsewhere. A pull down "curtain" of sorts is all that separates these two areas - although there was a separate toilet area with a door that closed on the far side of the bath area.

I also had a problem with my bill after I departed (card company's fault, not the hotel) and the accounting office was extraordinarily helpful in helping me get the issue resolved. All around great experience. The pool area looked great too - with an outside bar on the 16th floor - but alas, no time to use it. If you don't want to stay right on Miami beach, but want modern luxury with a feel for the Miami "scene", this is the place.

Room Tip: Ask to overlook the pool and/or the River.
Green Features: This is more health that environment - but they included the far more healthy Truvia (Stevia) with the sugar substitutes. This is the first establishment I've found that carries it. I carry my own when I travel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
MizD27
Thanks for sharing your great review from your stay at EPIC. We are glad that you had a wonderful time while you attended your conference. We appreciate you are recommending our hotel to other travelers and hope to welcome you back soon again.
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!