“Epic!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Mar del Plata, Argentina
“Epic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Great value, incredible location and great views of Miami River. The staff goes the extra mile for its guests. Everything was perfect!. I really enjoyed my time there and will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Each room has a great view! on the 16th floor there are two large swimming pools with bar and music...
Green Features: Are very concerned about water consumption and take care about pets
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Chau P
Thanks for your great review. We are so happy to hear that everything was perfect during your stay and that our employees took good care of you. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stay in Miami a lot. I am used to average service at many of the hotels. This hotel has great rooms and exceptional service. I have been at the hotel several times for events and dinner and decided to stay at the hotel while I was celebrating my anniversary and being downtown for work. I could not have been happier. I rarely send a thank you note after staying at a hotel but I felt that they treated us so well I had to send a thank you note. I am gold in both Marriott and SPG but after this experience I will check in on Kimptions more often.

Green Features: This hotel had recycle bins in the rooms, bicycles to get around town and reminders on environmentally friendly practices.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Seth K
Thanks for your amazing feedback. We appreciate your kind words with regards to our service and our hotel rooms and amenities. It makes us happy to hear that you had a wonderful anniversary. We value your loyalty and we are looking forward to your next stay with us.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed at the the Epic Hotel for the first night of our honeymoon (on route to Belize). The hotel is very impressive!

We arrived to a bottle of champagne in our gorgeous water view king premier room. The room was huge, clean and with a bed to die for! The view from the balcony was breathtaking, especially at sunrise.

The club lounge was small but nice, breakfast was good.

The spa was well organised and the lady who did my treatment was professional and welcoming.

I wish we could have stayed longer - if we come back to Miami, this hotel will definitely be top of the list of places to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sjdoum
Thanks for your wonderful comments. We are thrilled that you selected EPIC for the first night of your honeymoon and that you had an unforgettable experience. We hope you will be returning for your anniversary each year and looking forward to welcoming you back.
New Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Room had great view, front desk and concierges were very pleasant and helpful. Beds were comfortable, rain shower head and soak tub were terrific. Club lounge was a great addition and had good choices of snacks and breakfast. Location is right in the heart of downtown and within walking distance to many great restaurants and bars. I would definitely recommend to friends.

Room Tip: Ask for waterview, it's great
Green Features: Epic showed concern for the environment by placing separate recycle pails in each room. Refrigerator in mini bar was energy efficient. Option to reuse towels instead of new ones being brought each day.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Derrick R
Thanks for your great review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed all about your stay at EPIC, from our spacious and comfy guest rooms to our personalized and intimate service on our club level. We hope you will be visiting us again. Please return soon.
Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Second visit after 3 years of absence but Epic still maintains their exceptional level of service. The property is still amazing and the staff were great. EPIC and Kimpton always exceed my expectations. Would recommend to anyone and would return i in a heartbeat!

• Stayed August 2013
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Hristo M
Thanks for your great feedback. We appreciate your loyalty to EPIC and we love to hear that each time you visit you have an amazing stay and our staff exceeds your expectations.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back. Please return soon.
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I didn't want to label this hotel poor as there were a number of redeeming factors that rescued my 6 night August stay here. Firstly on arrival, everything went smoothly without so much of a personal touch, just simplicity, which is fine. You notice quite quickly that the hotel is in a transition, as when we arrived in our room there were a few irritants like the cooling console was battered, and didn't work too well 75 degrees for first two nights,busted vents, stains on wall, not many channels on TV, holes in bedlinen, cupboards not closing properly. My wife requested a room change which was eventually granted, but found the conversation difficult until we met Aubrey. Thank you Aubrey, great job, the 2nd room was much tidier and on a higher floor and the view was magnificent in both rooms, but especially our 2nd room, a sweeping view of the river, bay and South Biscayne boulevard, simply breathtaking! The guys and gal on the door are really cool, and the valets operation was amazing, really tough job with not much space to work in but they pull it off with great style, loved them, Don't love the $37 daily charge however. I reserve judgement on the pool area, as one pool was under renovation and the open pool really needs it too, but the water temp was fine, and again the views from the 16th floor were great. Overall this hotel felt a little cold when compared to Orlando and Keys experiences, but it is a downtown fast paced busy hotel, and felt like a 3 star experience,its unlikely that I would return with my family however I might for a weekend, conference, party or for a short stay before a Cruise ship. Tip - join the Kimpton in touch scheme, it's worthwhile for the free wifi. Which is complimentary in all the other hotel/resorts I've stayed in the last 18 months. This hotel does have the potential to be great in my opinion and had my initial room experience been better, complimentary wifi, lower parking fees, and the pools been in a good shape, I would happily awarded an extra star, and a fifth star would be awarded had all the desk and pool staff displayed Aubrey's standards, which they didn't. Overall, not bad, but not good either, simply average.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Andrwwoodw
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your feedback. We are glad that Aubrey was very attentive and went out of her way to assist you. However, we are sad to see your comments about our housekeeping service and the appearance of our pool area. As we have been in touch with you via email already, we would like to have you back as our guest to have the opportunity to provide you with the service you deserve and expect as our guest. We would be grateful for a second chance and looking forward to your next visit.
Clifton, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My 14 year old son and I are on 5th out of 6th night in this beautiful hotel and I feel pretty safe that my mind is made up about the EPIC Hotel. We arrived on a Friday night, the valet area was very chaotic. It looked like we were checking in and getting ready to walk the red carpet :) There were beautiful cars everywhere. The valet staff were quick to greet us and get our rental checked in. There is a fine and popular restaurant on the site, Zuma. We didn't have an opportunity to visit, my son didn't bring any dress pants with him and they have a dress code. I have heard nothing but good things about the place.
We were checked in at the front desk by Aubrey. She was simply delightful! She helped us get situated with dinner arrangements. She even asked my son if there was anything that she could do for him......how thoughtful!! Our room was nicely appointed and had a beautiful water. It was Friday night happy hour and there was a DJ playing loud music on the outdoor patio. Our balcony was right over the patio. I didn't mind the music too much, it did end around 11p or 12a....not too bad. However, when I tried to fall asleep, all I could hear was traffic going over a bridge. Please note that I am SUPER sensitive to noise when I am trying to sleep. This "noise" may not even disturb most. My son on the other hand, can sleep thorough anything and was not bothered in the least! The next day I stopped at the front desk and Seth (Go Seth!!) was happy to relocate us to the other side of the hotel. Seth even took us up to the room before relocating us, just to make sure that it was up to my liking. This room had a fantastic view of the colorful Miami tower. This building is the 8th tallest in Miami. At night the building glows in neon colors that change every few minutes, I thought it was beautiful. I sit on the balcony each eve and watch the lights......hey! I am a simple kind of girl.
The only reason that I didn't give this hotel a "5" is because the hotel's main restaurant Area 31, is apparently renovating. There only option at this time is to dine on the restaurant's patio, weather permitting. So access to in-house dining is rather limited. The pool area has one small pool open, the other pool is being under construction or being repaired. Finally, this is highly personal, but do not like waterfalls shower heads.
All in all, I loved the EPIC Hotel. This was my first stay at a Kimble property and I was quite pleased and would not hesitate to return. Special thank-you to Aubrey** Seth**, Mallik, and the housekeeping staff. Great job done by all!! Much Appreciated!!!

Room Tip: If you are SUPER sensitive to noise, ask to be placed away from the bridge traffic. All the rooms h...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ReeReeNay
Thanks for your wonderful and detailed review. We are so happy to hear that, after a bit of a ‘bumpy start’ you had an amazing stay. EPIS is definitely a happening place - our happy hour Thursdays and Fridays is being rated ‘The Best in Miami’ and restaurant ZUMA is one of the best restaurants in the US. We are sorry our signature restaurant AREA31 is undergoing a little nip tuck at this time. So please make sure to return once we are reopen, with a new Executive Chef and a very exciting new menu.
We are looking forward to your next visit.
Jacqueline

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!