“honeymoon heaven” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“honeymoon heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed here for our honeymoon, the hotel entrance is very inviting and beautiful. The staff had a warm welcome and excited we chose our honeymoon spot here.

The room was a decent size for us with a balcony overlooking the pool and city lights. The room had all the facilities we needed including a bottle of champagne and a card for our celebrations!

The hotel is within walking distance of downtown or easily accessible by car to south beach. There are plenty of restaurants and bars locally.

The best part was watching the sunset on their bar balcony sipping exquisite cocktails.

We would recommend to others and we plan to return for our anniversary.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (606)
Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Good Location. convinience to go everywhere. Can walk american airlines arena ( NBA stadiam)
Concierge are great . very helpful and very very nice.Excellent Service : )
Clean and nice room. we will come back .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I am writing this review as I am sitting by the pool. I am here for my girlfriend's birthday At her request. I made the reservation about a week ago online Only to find out that the restaurant is closed for renovations. I must say that gene at the concierge desk Is taking very good care of us Rating: the room and providing cabana by the pool. However, I was very surprised to see that condition of the pool needs a lot of work as it does not look very clean and there were many tiles missing. I also noticed a few rips cushions On some of their premium chairs. The DJ is playing nice music But I must say its not your typical Miami crowd which I was hoping for. I was hoping to entertain a couple of friends at the Cabana By ordering some chips, salsa and snacks but they seem to be out of those as well.

Again excellent service! But their management probably needs to be spoken to.

Let's see what happens at the only been here for 2 hours...

• Stayed June 2013
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
DonTomas333
Thank you very much for your review. I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed the service by our concierge Gene, he was thrilled to hear about you mentioning him. Sorry about the restaurant, we are in the process of a complete rejuvenation for the time being, Our awesome pool will get some love from engineering this summer.
Please come back soon and let me know prior, so I can guarantee you an EPIC experience.
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is a cool, modern hotel. It has a happening rooftop bar, some nice restaurants and very nice, clean, modern rooms. The only downside is that it is a bit cheesy (just a bit, not too much...). But overall, I'd stay here again for sure.

travelfiend_30
Thanks for your nice review. I really like the way you described our hotel as cool, modern with very nice clean rooms.
We can't wait to have you back!
Venice, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed in mid-June, 2013 on one of the two club floors. This was just great. The club was not crowded and the concierge was very professional and pleasant. They serve a small buffet breakfast, and there are 4 other times of the day they set out snacks of various kinds. The lunch can be fairly substantial and the drinks and food are free from 6-8PM. Cold champagne is available all day. this is as close to the Asian style club offerings as I have seen in Florida. You really don't have to go out to eat unless you want to, and if you do, there are several very good places to eat, such as the Chop House which is just a short block away.

There is a very pleasant bayside walk leading out from the hotel that would let you go all the way to Bayshore Park without going out on the street. The people mover tram is also nearby if it is too hot to walk.

The room was very well appointed and the bed very comfortable, the only shortcoming I noticed is that the lighting in the bathroom is very low and not sufficient for makeup. They should have a lighted makeup mirror in there.

The main hotel lobby is a little odd and feels very cold and uninviting when you first go in. There is seating associated with a Japanese restaurant in the lobby, but it is off to the side and seems somehow separate. The arrival plaza in front of the building is a bit undersized and it can get quite backed up for valet parking if there is some event in the hotel.

The secret to our great stay was clearly the club floor lounge on the 29th floor. Everything there was just perfect and the service was superb. Every single person that worked there during our 3-day stay was very friendly and professional. It is well worth the extra money.

Room Tip: go for the club floors (29 or 30) for the best experience
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Leann H
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed our clubfloor. "Everything was just perfect and the service superb", this is exactly the impression we want our guests to have. Thanks again for sharing.
Please come back soon .
Epinal, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Excellently designed hotel and rooms . Very quiet although in downtown Miami.
Room design was tops - no coffee or tea making equipment which is a pity.
The restaurant has a very limlited menu but out of the hôtel the offer is large.
Zuma is great if you can get a table - book early

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

TopMars88
Thanks for sharing your experience. I am so glad you enjoyed the design of our hotel and the rooms. "Quiet and right in downtown" is a very nice description.
Next time you stay with us, please let me know. I will be happy to provide you with a coffeemaker or a kettle, we do have plenty available.
Please come back soon.
Gulf Breeze
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have never wrote a review before but felt the need to. I booked this hotel at the last minute for my husband and 15-year-old son. They absolutely loved this hotel. My 15-year-old felt like a rockstar staying on the 28th floor. First high-rise he has ever stayed at. Staff were very accommodating and friendly. Also my son ordered a waffle from room service while my husband was doing business and it was BEST waffle he has ever tasted. Thank you for a 5-star experience.

nicole_imm
Thank you so much for having had the urge to review us. I am so glad you had a 5 star experience and your son felt like a rockstar. We love to pamper our guests and are very thankful for the recognition.
Please come back soon.
EPIC wishes, Jacqueline Ploettner

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!