We spent an amazing week visiting Miami whilst staying at the Epic. We arrived to find we had been booked into a room with twin beds but were quickly moved to a room with one large king and with a better view off the bay on the 26th floor. The hotel provided a cot for our 4 month old which looked a little old but did the job. The room and bathroom were both very spacious and the decor looked very new and clean. I thought it was well located for town and only a short drive to south beach and other main attractions. Overall a great hotel! Very impressive.
Only minor issues are;
1. My husband's credit card was blocked on suspicion of fraud by the bank. Instead of leaving a message in our room asking us to contact reception or calling us to advise that this was the case, they simply locked us out of our room and we had to go to the front desk to find out the problem. Quite annoying when you've booked to stay a week with a baby, so hardly a candidate for "doing a runner"! Also, arriving back to your room with multiple bags and a tired baby, last thing you want to do is then go back down to reception.
2. The restaurant was closed for refurb so limited food available....simple sandwiches and crisps...but they were tasty.
3. No option other than valet parking at $40 a day and then they expect tips on top of that....but then guess it is a big city so probably should expect it.
Other than these minor issues, the service was generally very good. We also had a couple's full body massage at the spa which was very good!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new EPIC Hotel is the premier luxury hotel in Miami, a sparkling cosmopolitan destination on the bank of the Miami River where it meets Biscayne Bay. A stunning addition to Miami, this hotel, a Kimpton Hotel, epitomizes urban design while offering guests a level of style and service expected of such a resort. With exceptional amenities, breathtaking views and dining venues like Area 31, EPIC Hotel makes for an unparalleled Miami experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Travelocity, Agoda, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Amex, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Epic Hotel Kimpton