“Very good hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Turku, Finland
“Very good hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My GF and I spent a couple nights on Christmas 2012 at the Epic. Great service from the get go with nice and helpful valet and bag boys. We arrived fairly early in the day, so our room was not ready yet. We had to wait for a couple hours, so we went to lunch. A while later we walked back, the man at the reception apologized for the inconvenience and upgraded us to a ocean view room.
Beautiful and clean rooms, with a very nice view of the port and river. Quiet and clean.
The pool area was also beautiful, however, the sun was only there from around noon until 4pm.
As with most US hotels, the restaurant was nothing special. Roomservice was ok, breakfast was ok, and the Christmas dinner buffet on the 25th was ok. Nothing spectacular here.
Check-out was a breeze, but we noticed they charged an extra night, which was easily fixed with a phone-call back home. Human mistake.
The best hotel I have stayed at in Miami and I hope I will have the opportunity to stay there again.

Room Tip: The ocean view is beautiful. Ask to get as high up as possible.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Fredde86
Thanks so much for your great feedback. I am so glad you got to enjoy our beautiful clean rooms with great views. We take a lot of pride in our staff and they will be happy to be recognized through comments such as yours.
Please come back soon. EPIC wishes.
Jacqueline Ploettner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (532)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Booked this hotel via our company. It is all very nice, fancy. Nothing to push back on (except maybe the music at the pool which was waaaay too loud on saturday afternoon).
The value for money is great.
Given the location it is a perfect place for people coming to miami for business, but for those looking for a holiday place it's probably better to stay in south beach.
Of note:
- large rooms, clean
- nice pool and gym areas

Naples, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed at the Epic for a long weekend. It was fabulous! It began with being greeted by the impeccably dressed bellman and valet. Everyone was very professional and courteous. We had a beautiful balcony room, facing the pools below. It was so beautiful and comfortable, we spent an entire evening on the balcony enjoying cocktails, taking in the views of the river and the buzz of the city. In the morning, breakfast at the hotel restaurant was exceptional, as well as the following morning's room service breakfast. Lovely hotel, great location! Will return again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in a one bedroom suite on the 28th floor. I have stayed at many other kimpton properties and this one was not the best, however it was still a good choice and I would stay here again. There are some improvements they could make to make it an even more enjoyable stay. I will detail the pros and cons below.

Pros:
- The view was incredible
- clean large balcony that was very usable.
- large bathroom with a large bathtub, and shower
- concierge is very knowledgeable and helpful
- the bartenders at area 31 were excellent!
- they allowed late checkout

Cons:
- valet took forever! however if you call down 10 mins before you need your car it will be there waiting
- if you do not rent a car expect to spend a lot on taxis to south beach/malls
- parking is outrageous 40 a night not including tips!
- I mentioned it was a special occasion via email, and phone however nothing was done, no complimentary bottle of wine, or chocolate covered strawberries as i have received at other kimpton properties
- if you want your room made up you have to push the make up room button on your way out in the morning
- The jets in the bathtub came on randomly in the middle of the night!

Next time I am in Miami for vacation I would stay on the beach as the location is more accessible, however I would stay here if I was on business.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My friends and I stayed here while attending the music festival Ultra, so my rating for the location is strictly based on this fact. Keep that in mind when reading this review, though I'd also highly recommend this hotel for visitors not just in Miami for a weekend concert.

Since I didn't venture far from the venue, I can't say whether or not the location is ideal for going elsewhere, for example hitting up South beach, but staying here was a huge bonus in that it was walking distance from the venue and we could make stops at the hotel afterwards if needed.

The hotel itself is sleek in decor and clean. The rooms were cleaned sometimes twice a day. It has a great pool area perfect for sunning (or sitting in the shade if that's your thing) that wasn't crowded at all when I was there in March.

I didn't try any of the restaurants in the hotel, but I did grab drinks at the bar. Great service from the bartenders, which is rare. All in all, the service was top notch, especially given the fact that the hotel had to deal with rowdy concert goers.

Highly recommend if you like boutique hotels that offer good rooms, great service, and a convenient location.

• Stayed March 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Welcoming and great hotel. Ideal location. Felt at home. Front desk staff were accomodating and personable. Prompt and courteous service. Great for a romantic getaway. We can not wait to return! Keep up this amazing service in this Epic hotel!

Room Tip: Call the day and see if there is availability. Become an in-touch member
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have stayed at The Epic numerous times but this was the first time I was able to take advantage of the services at the hotel. First of all, when i drove up to the hotel I was met immediately by the wonderful valet and greeted at my car by bellman dressed in nice pants, shirt, tie and vest along with a straw hat. It just made me feel as if I was on vacation and ready to be pampered. The entrance is gorgeous, the front desk staff were so friendly and helpful. I arrived early but they checked me in and offered to an answer any questions I might have about the hotel. After checking in I visited the very nice spa and gym which are both A++ in my book. The staff again were very friendly. The housekeeping staff went above and beyond to make sure my room was clean and I had everything I needed. The restaurant Area 31 has delicious food and the staff again were amazing. The view from the hotel is spectacular. I just can't say enough good things about this hotel. I have told all of my friends and co-workers there is no other place to stay in Miami but The Epic.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Bay!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!