“Amazing location in downtown Miami” 5 of 5 stars

Up to 30% off
Ranked #7 of 113 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“Amazing location in downtown Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I stayed here while attending the music festival Ultra, so my rating for the location is strictly based on this fact. Keep that in mind when reading this review, though I'd also highly recommend this hotel for visitors not just in Miami for a weekend concert.

Since I didn't venture far from the venue, I can't say whether or not the location is ideal for going elsewhere, for example hitting up South beach, but staying here was a huge bonus in that it was walking distance from the venue and we could make stops at the hotel afterwards if needed.

The hotel itself is sleek in decor and clean. The rooms were cleaned sometimes twice a day. It has a great pool area perfect for sunning (or sitting in the shade if that's your thing) that wasn't crowded at all when I was there in March.

I didn't try any of the restaurants in the hotel, but I did grab drinks at the bar. Great service from the bartenders, which is rare. All in all, the service was top notch, especially given the fact that the hotel had to deal with rowdy concert goers.

Highly recommend if you like boutique hotels that offer good rooms, great service, and a convenient location.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (609)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Welcoming and great hotel. Ideal location. Felt at home. Front desk staff were accomodating and personable. Prompt and courteous service. Great for a romantic getaway. We can not wait to return! Keep up this amazing service in this Epic hotel!

Room Tip: Call the day and see if there is availability. Become an in-touch member
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have stayed at The Epic numerous times but this was the first time I was able to take advantage of the services at the hotel. First of all, when i drove up to the hotel I was met immediately by the wonderful valet and greeted at my car by bellman dressed in nice pants, shirt, tie and vest along with a straw hat. It just made me feel as if I was on vacation and ready to be pampered. The entrance is gorgeous, the front desk staff were so friendly and helpful. I arrived early but they checked me in and offered to an answer any questions I might have about the hotel. After checking in I visited the very nice spa and gym which are both A++ in my book. The staff again were very friendly. The housekeeping staff went above and beyond to make sure my room was clean and I had everything I needed. The restaurant Area 31 has delicious food and the staff again were amazing. The view from the hotel is spectacular. I just can't say enough good things about this hotel. I have told all of my friends and co-workers there is no other place to stay in Miami but The Epic.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Bay!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I won a stay at epic from a model latina sweepstakes and since then cant stay anywhere else when I visit Miami.The concierge is extremely helpful the valet is prompt and the overall atmosphere is great.The rooms are filled with soft linens and top of the line bedding...The staff is very helpful and friendly as well. This hotel is top of the line and worth every dollar.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

If you recognize the Kimpton name, then you probably don't even need to read this or any other review, because you know how good they are at just about everything.

EPIC was no different. Stunning room, incredible service and accommodated my request for an early check-in. I was in town for a conference at the InterContinental around the corner, but had to spend the first night here because the IC was fully booked the first night. If I had to do it all over again I'd just stay at EPIC and walk the 2 blocks to the conference as there's simply no comparison between the two with regards to either style or more importantly service.

Do you see how many other posters here are commenting on how they were treated like royalty? If you've ever stayed at a Kimpton, you know what they mean. This was even nicer given that we were in Miami, a town full of VIP's where non-VIP's are far too often reminded that they're not VIP's. That's not the case at EPIC, where everyone who walks through their doors is a VIP. Lebron James plays just down the street, and you'll be treated as well as he would be.

Room Tip: Splurge for the water view rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

our stay was provided as part of an Azamara cruise booking, leaving the following day from Miami to Seville – would have enjoyed a longer stay – maybe next time!
A min-Monaco came to mind with cabin cruisers moored alongside the entrance
An amazing room on the 22nd floor with partial waterfront and city views.
Rooms with the wow-factor – but have still not worked-out the purpose of the aperture (blind) between the bathroom and the bedroom areas?
Staff - so friendly and helpful.
Convenient location for the Bayside Mall / marina & dining – 15 minutes stroll.
The Metrorail system is close-by providing an easy transit link with the airport.

Room Tip: Early morning noise from traffic crossing the grillage to the raised bridge decking discernible on o...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
cape coral
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We chose the Epic, due to proximity to the American Airlines Arena, We went to see the Miami Heat game.It was a great game too! (Heat vs Bulls).From the second we arrived at the Epic, We were treated as royalty. Every single employee at this hotel, smiled, asked if we needed any assistance, & were way beyond being polite, & making sure we were attended too.The room was beautiful, the view fantastic. We ate two meals there & it was 1st class all the way. The service impeccable, again great food.I had 2 10yr olds with us, And it was so wonderful to hear them say, Poppa, that was the nicest hotel ever, I asked why & the response was, all those people working there really liked us! (lol) I must admit , they were right.
In ending, This place & employees get a 10 across the boards!
I

Room Tip: City View was great!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!