“Epic is great!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
New York
“Epic is great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Just got back from a 3 night stay at the Epic. The hotel was great! Excellent downtown location that is close to Riverwalk and Brickell (you can also use the free Metro Mover). The hotel has a cool vibe, with two great restaurants. The 16th floor pool has a great view of the bay, is heated, and has a great atmosphere.

We had a 1- bdr suite, which was roomy and beautiful. The 5-6pm free wine tasting is a nice touch. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly – especially Aubrey at the front desk who helped make my birthday stay extra special. We will definitely being going back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
miorio
Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We love our guests to recognize our highly motivated staffmembers, I have already passed on your comments to Aubrey, she was happy to create that special birthday stay for you.
We are looking forward to having you back soon, the good vibe will be the same as this what we are about.
EPIC wishes, Jacqueline Ploettner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

The Hotel itself is fine, rooms, premium King water views are a decent size. View from the right side to the middle is good, floors start above the pool deck which is on the 16th floor but the higher the better. The problem is the service. Turn down service not done when requested ( 3 hours out of room and 2nd call to get it done once we got back) Room still not cleaned at 2:30pm in the afternoon. No face cloths in the bathroom 2 calls to get those and when the person finally arrives he brings every kind of towel except a face cloth. Room service tray not removed. 2 calls for that.
Kleenex not replaced. Poor attention to detail.
Dog in a room down the hall barking.
The pool area, any where outside is noisy because of traffic and airline traffic above.
The outdoor bar area next to the pool is very noisy at night, the weekends are the worst,
we were on the 27th floor but I would not want to be much lower and under no circumstances would I recommend anything below the 22nd floor.
Doubtful if I would stay here again.

Room Tip: High floor, water views. Rooms toward center of hotel on water side. Avoid anything from floor 22 o...
Suzanne H
Thanks for sharing, I am glad you enjoyed our views and the size of the room. So sorry that you had some opportunities with Housekeeping, I have personally adressed your issues with the department head for immediate follow up.
Upon your next visit to Miami, please feel free to contact me directly, so I can personally ensure you will have an EPIC experience.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Room was beautiful and spotless. Awesome patio with an amazing view. Bathroom was magnificent. Bedding was extremely comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. Decor throughout can only be described as classy,chic and trendy. Valet, bellmen, and front desk staff were all first class, and on top of their game.

The pool area is also worthy of much praise, with excellent food and drink service, amazing views and excellent decor. There was an excellent DJ with live music and a very cool party atmosphere on Saturday and Sunday.

Complimentary Wine tasting in the lobby around 5 each evening, with very nice restaurant on site.

Epic is located close to everything in downtown and Brickel, and is my new Downtown Miami favorite place to stay. I cant wait to GO BACK !!!!!

Room Tip: High floor rooms have a really great view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Slayridez06
Thank you so much for sharing the great experience you had with us. We love to hear that we have become your favorite hotel in Downtown Miami. We feel that a great stay consists of a stylish, trendy product and of equal importance genuine friendly staff members. Thanks again for recognizing both.
Please come back soon. EPIC wishes, Jacqueline Ploettner
Boston, MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Was looking forward to our stay at Epic after reading strong reviews. Arrived on a Sunday for a three night stay had to pay to upgrade to water view room with king. Arrived at room to blaring music from pool below balcony, and two outdoor music festivals on adjacent properties asked and were granted a new room ten floors above which was quieter but still incredibly noisy with the music outside Room was decent but not generous size, bathroom has open pass through to bedroom with only a curtain for privacy this means no one can sleep later than another with bathroom use; shower, faucets, toilets etc. balcony was nice with great view but table and chairs were FILTHY, and clearly not wiped down or used in some time. Requested mini frig before arrival and had to remind front desk of this request finally received it, dented, missing feet, etc. not impressive. Free newspaper only delivered once of three days. Desk chair was broken and unable to be used. Bed was comfortable as we're pillows. AC worked well but lacked instructions for use. Location is sketchy, no shops or restaurants easily accessible. Front entry has no pedestrian walkway so you fight incoming cars as you enter. Had dinner at Area 31 and it was pretty good - not fantastic. Overall, disappointing for Kimpton! For this price ($500/nt) Would not recommend......

travel-326
Thanks for sharing. So sorry that you experienced some issues with us throughout Miami's extremely busy ULTRA festival. If you would be willing to give us another chance, I would personally love to demonstrate to you what true EPIC service is all about.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The hotel has a gorgeous look and vibe, and the room was much nicer than we were expecting (especially the bathroom). But that's not why I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone going to Miami...

Earlier this month, after checking out, and after having a long leisurely lunch, we headed to FLL airport for a 6:15 pm flight home. We got to the car rental return, and I immediately had a sinking feeling. I had forgotten our passports in the room's safe! Unbelievably stupid of me, and something I've never done before despite travelling incessantly.

I panicked, freaked out actually, because we didn't have the time to come all the way back to the hotel (we were flying out of Fort Lauderdale, not Miami). After a few crazy minutes of shrieking (I'm not kidding) I called the hotel and got transferred to security. I was lucky enough to have "Charles" take my call.

He was calm, professional and most importantly he was so incredibly helpful. He probably sensed the panic in my voice, so he never did anything without explaining thoroughly (e.g. "I'm putting you on hold now for a minute or less"). He was prompt in getting into our room (vacated hours earlier), getting the passport folio and my housekeys, and calling me back as promised. He arranged approval from his manager to send me the passports in a taxi, calling me back promptly yet again. Then he found a taxi, got all the cabbie's information, called me with the cabbie on the line, and sent me the items in a sealed FedEx bag. He was resourceful, attentive, prompt and never made me wait for any callbacks. If he said he would call me back within a few minutes, he made good on his word.

The finishing touch was when I was sitting at the gate, after meeting the cabbie out front, after clearing security etc, and after finally calming down, my phone rang and it was "Charles" checking up on me to make sure that the cabbie found me and that I didn't miss my flight.

I cannot accurately relay how much I appreciated what he did for us. Although we were impressed by our entire experience and would have already recommended the hotel, everything pales in comparison to the way "Charles" saved the day and averted a crisis that would have surely ruined the entire trip. They stepped up when it mattered most and for this I am most grateful and so very impressed.

Evelyn K
Thanks so much for sharing. We enjoy hearing about our gorgeous looks and the great vibe of the hotel, however ultimately our dedicated, genuine and caring staffmembers are making all the difference creating memorable experiences. On that token, thanks again for having recognized our highly motived security officer Charles for having gone the extra mile.
We can't wait to have you back. EPIC wishes, Jacqueline Ploettner
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I wouldn't stay ANYWHERE else in the Miami downtown area. The rooms are gorgeous, clean, modern and offer amazing views of the water. The service is IMPECCABLE - everyone of the ladies helping us at the front desk was nothing but overly accommodating and the bar staff at the pool was fantastic.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thanks so much for your great review. I love your comment that you wouldn't stay anywhere else in downtown Miami! Our rooms truly have amazing views and our lovely staff at the Front Office are happy to make sure that every stay with will turn into a truly EPIC experience.
Please come back soon. EPIC wishes, Jacqueline Ploettner
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

It's My second time at The place And really enjoyed again. It has been quite noisy because of The Ultra Music weekend And The Hotel had it's own DJ in The pool From 11 until 6. But apart From that, everything went great.
I love The location.

• Stayed March 2013
PepeGoteras
Thanks for sharing and being a regular! We are so happy you enjoy our location and continue to have a great experience.
Please come back soon, there will be a lot less noise without the ULTRA festival!
EPIC wishes, Jacqueline Ploettner

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!