“Beautiful Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Beautiful Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed here for a weekend during the ING Miami Marathon. It was a great location for the race, just a short walk to the star/finish line. However, if you're on vacation you probably want to stay closer to the beach. The hotel looks brand new, is very clean and the rooms are really comfortable. We had a great view of the water from our balcony.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

1,931 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We are currently staying at this amazing hotel, the building itself is fantastic and great location. the room is awesome there are no faults in this area! however we have encountered a catalogue of errors since check in. Firstly after a long drive from Orlando and being very excited about staying at this hotel as we certainly had paid a top rate we were looking forward to relaxing and being looked after however our room was not ready and we had to wait nearly 3 hours!! we were unable to go far as they were unsure how long it would be before it became available. we were very kindly upgraded to a junior suite which is absolutely luxurious and faultless, definitely worth the wait. Alexandra on reception was very friendly and so helpful a great asset to the hotel.

we decided to have an early night in our lovely room but were woken at 11.45pm by room service knocking the door then calling the phone trying to deliver us a complementary bottle of champagne!! Don't get us wrong we would have been grateful for this but it felt very strange to be woken up so late to be given this. We called reception quite disorientated about this only to be spoken to very rudely by Felix who couldn't understand why we were unhappy about being woken up and only concerned with if we wanted the champagne!! in the morning we explained to Julianne on reception who was not forthcoming with any apology but just gave us a hotel credit to use!! again we are very grateful for this as we can have a meal in the lovely restaurant but where was the apology for being woken up? we have 2 days left and i really hope we can enjoy this hotel as we were so looking forward to without all the little errors that are being made like not arranging our coffee maker we requested before checking in then when we did have this we were given 1 mug between us?! silly little things that seem trivial but this type of issue in this calibre of hotel should not be happening. Breakfast in the hotel is great really good choice and lovely environment however our coffee and juice was cleared from the table when we went to get fruit so had to be given another table and order another coffee.

Come on Epic your better than this!!

Based on our experience which could be just a one off, im not sure if i could recommend the hotel but i will say the hotel itself is AMAZING and the view from the room is fantastic.

Room Tip: request a high floor for the view.
Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is my third time staying at the epic!
Water view high floor is the only way to go, otherwise pick another hotel by the water! If you can get the above room type then you will be thrilled with is hotel! The staff is very friendly and overall the service is great! They are truly pet friendly, no additional charges at all.
The mimosas at Area31 are amazing! Reserve ahead and do not miss dining at Zuma! Killer restaurant in the lobby of the Epic! Seriously one of the best meals we have ever eaten!
I love the Kimpton hotels in NYC and the epic rates up there with them. Clean large well laid out rooms. Pull out couches in all the suites... The 01 room on the corner have huge balconies that overlook the water... So great!

• Stayed February 2013
philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

In my mid 50's the somewhat loud music in public areas of hotel aren't appealing nor the rolls royce parked in front. Long waits for food at bar and around the pool tedious. Air conditioning too high. Lots of street noise.

Room Tip: Understand when you book this hotel that you are in the midst of an urban grind.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
San Fernando, San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Front desk staff was great, room was clean and the bed was reaaallll comfortable, location was great, valet parking excellent... staff went out if their way to ensure that I did not even have to pull my luggage at checkout...My one complaint was that we ordered room service at around midnight as that was the time we checked in, and after more than an hour, it had not arrived... and my husband and I both fell asleep, yet we were charged for it... Overall good, but at the price you would expect at least free water and coffee in the rooms...

Room Tip: High floors make for great photography
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

The good: Good size room,clean,Comfy beds, Wifi free,loads of towels in bathroom which of big size, service very friendly all over, gym, pool area with great and friendly food/drink service.

The not so good: No free water in room, bathroom light not great for applying makeup, hotel bar is very disappointing (boring/dull) for such a hotel.

Overall really enjoyed it and if looking to stay away from SoBe would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Sailaway1002
Thanks so much for your honest feedback. I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed our comfy beds and the friendly service all over.
When you come back, I will be happy to get you some water in your room!
EPIC wishes, Jacqueline Ploettner
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My favorite hotel seems to be slipping a bit. I've stayed at the Epic numerous times and have always felt special when there. Upon arrival, you used to be asked your name and the person greeting you as you exited the cab would radio the front desk with your name. I'm not a prima-dona but it was kind of nice! On my most recent visit, my room service breakfast was never delivered. I understand that things happen but I had to leave for a meeting with no time to get anything. It was a very uncomfortable, hungry morning. I expected to return to the hotel with some sort of apology or acknowledgement that this had happened....nothing! When I tried to call and report it, the phone was not even answered on my first try. On my second try, I was told that it was due to "a lot of banquets ongoing". The excuse was given before a feable apology. I felt special.

The carpeting and furnishings are just beginning to show signs of wear. This is a GREAT location and the 16th floor balcony and restaurant have a wonderful view. I will likely give it one more try but I used to chose the Epic over the JW Marquis without second thought. This choice is now not as easy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
pjc1156
Thanks so much for sharing and for being a regular of ours. So sorry you encountered some issues with your breakfast order this time. I have already looked into this to make sure we will not do the same mistake again!
Please come back and I will be happy to ensure that you will experience the great service we are known for. EPIC wishes!
Jacqueline Ploettner

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!