“Say it ain't so!” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Say it ain't so!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My favorite hotel seems to be slipping a bit. I've stayed at the Epic numerous times and have always felt special when there. Upon arrival, you used to be asked your name and the person greeting you as you exited the cab would radio the front desk with your name. I'm not a prima-dona but it was kind of nice! On my most recent visit, my room service breakfast was never delivered. I understand that things happen but I had to leave for a meeting with no time to get anything. It was a very uncomfortable, hungry morning. I expected to return to the hotel with some sort of apology or acknowledgement that this had happened....nothing! When I tried to call and report it, the phone was not even answered on my first try. On my second try, I was told that it was due to "a lot of banquets ongoing". The excuse was given before a feable apology. I felt special.

The carpeting and furnishings are just beginning to show signs of wear. This is a GREAT location and the 16th floor balcony and restaurant have a wonderful view. I will likely give it one more try but I used to chose the Epic over the JW Marquis without second thought. This choice is now not as easy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
pjc1156
Thanks so much for sharing and for being a regular of ours. So sorry you encountered some issues with your breakfast order this time. I have already looked into this to make sure we will not do the same mistake again!
Please come back and I will be happy to ensure that you will experience the great service we are known for. EPIC wishes!
Jacqueline Ploettner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Being a true city girl, this was a great hotel for us. The location was great, the view from the room was amazing, the pool was great, etc. The bed was super comfortable: This is a real compliment coming from someone with sleep problems!
The service was just terrific. The team at the conceirge was one of the best I have seen. From the guys helping us to our luggage to them facilitating a car rental for us, it was just super impressive. A special thank you to Jean on the car rental for making it so quick and easy!
The front desk team was super friendly. I can go on!
The only piece where they could do better was the restaurants/food. It was good but could be better for such a great hotel. I would also expect complementary water and coffee in the rooms from such a hotel.
Overall - terrific!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view! Well worth it!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Nerry_Luvs_Travel
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. I am thrilled you did not only enjoy the views, the comfort of your bed and the pool but also the interaction with our staff members. I have passed on your compliments to Jean, one of our highly motivated concierges who was happy to be able to assist you with your car rental.
Come back soon! EPIC wishes
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Just stay here. It's glorious. The super yachts in the hotel's very own marina make for free entertainment when you've tapped out your budget on the awesome room service and cocktails at the pool. Nice views, awesome balconies, everything is shiny and the staff is lovely.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
eatsshootsleaves
We love to hear our guests rave about their stay with us. Thanks again for sharing, our marina right outside the hotel is quite unique especially considering our downtown location.
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Have to start this review with this: Free Wi-Fi if you join the InTouch loyalty program (which is free to join) - YES! From the moment I got out of the cab until the morning I left to return home, I had nothing but a relaxing experience. I was down for just two days for business. The hotel restaurant, Area 31, has great food. Yes, a little pricey but well worth it for the convenience. The room was perfect. I had a balcony with a view of the hotel pool and the Bank of America building. It was fun seeing the building lit up at night. I now understand why everyone raves about a rainfall showerhead – the bathroom had one. It is just blocks away from Brickell Ave so it is convenient to many downtown businesses. The shopping around there is a tad sketchy, but the options for eating range from Starbucks to Subway to the Capital Grille. The staff was very helpful and always welcomed me with a hello. Stay at the Epic. You won’t regret it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
jspoke
Thanks so much for sharing the great time you had with us. I am glad you enjoyed our free WIFI as a Kimpton in touch member. Considering our rooms perfect is certainly want we want to hear!
Please come back soon. EPIC wishes
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Checking in was a little aggravating. The one bedroom suite was not ready and was told the previous guest hasn't yet checked out and couldn't ask them to get out. Okay...After waiting approximately 2 hours for a suite, I was plesently surprised! The view was great and once the sun went down, the great view became fantastic!
The four day stay was really nice. You're not going to want to leave.
Chris, the bellman, was fantastic and very informative about the hotel restaurants, and local activities around the area.
Don't rent a car if you don't have to. Valet/parking is like the Cross Bronx Expressway, (if your from NYC area, you know what I mean).
Overall, experience, I would come back. The staff was very pleasant.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view room or suite.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Vince149
Thanks for sharing your feedback. I am happy to learn that after the initial little challenge of getting your Suite ready for you, you did have great stay with us and did not even wanted to leave.
I have passed on your compliments to Chris, we love our staff members to be recognized.
North Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We just spent the weekend at the Epic Hotel Feb 8-10. We were in town to see the Heat / Clippers game. The hotel is in close walking distance (less than a mile) to the arena, good shopping and food. Valet parking was busy.. At least a 15 minutes wait.. not too bad. $$$ but no other parking options if you have a car. Be sure to call down first. The room was nice. Nice bedding, rug a little dirty feeling under feet. I think it was a busy weekend because the rates were higher than I have seen which was too bad because my expectations were raised and it turned out to be underwhelming. Rain shower in bathroom is no good when you don't want to get your hair wet. More toiletries... Shower cap would have been nice. A coffee maker or Keurig in the room would have been nice as well. A/C very touchy, most of the time it was too warm in the room.

Purchased a city view but had a water view over the pool... 20th floor. Not high but still a nice view.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SLOCain
Thanks so much for your honest feedback. I am glad you enjoyed the room and the bedding.On the same token I am so sorry you encountered some issues throughout your stay with us. We will be happy to get you a Keurig coffeemaker, a shower cap and an AC with a fixed set temperature on your next stay with us.
EPIC wishes, Jacqueline Ploettner
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Great hotel with superior service and accommodations. Had a great room a few floors above the pool and could not have been happier. Also found the meeting rooms to be good, as well as in house catering. Would definitely return & appreciate how unique each Kimpton property is.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the water
JPhilly
Thanks so much for sharing your feedback. We apreciate you being a fan of Kimpton hotels and I am happy to learn that you found us to be a great hotel with superior service and accomodations!
Jacqueline Ploettner

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!