“Close to Heat game.” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
North Florida
“Close to Heat game.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We just spent the weekend at the Epic Hotel Feb 8-10. We were in town to see the Heat / Clippers game. The hotel is in close walking distance (less than a mile) to the arena, good shopping and food. Valet parking was busy.. At least a 15 minutes wait.. not too bad. $$$ but no other parking options if you have a car. Be sure to call down first. The room was nice. Nice bedding, rug a little dirty feeling under feet. I think it was a busy weekend because the rates were higher than I have seen which was too bad because my expectations were raised and it turned out to be underwhelming. Rain shower in bathroom is no good when you don't want to get your hair wet. More toiletries... Shower cap would have been nice. A coffee maker or Keurig in the room would have been nice as well. A/C very touchy, most of the time it was too warm in the room.

Purchased a city view but had a water view over the pool... 20th floor. Not high but still a nice view.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
SLOCain
Thanks so much for your honest feedback. I am glad you enjoyed the room and the bedding.On the same token I am so sorry you encountered some issues throughout your stay with us. We will be happy to get you a Keurig coffeemaker, a shower cap and an AC with a fixed set temperature on your next stay with us.
EPIC wishes, Jacqueline Ploettner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (619)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Great hotel with superior service and accommodations. Had a great room a few floors above the pool and could not have been happier. Also found the meeting rooms to be good, as well as in house catering. Would definitely return & appreciate how unique each Kimpton property is.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the water
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
JPhilly
Thanks so much for sharing your feedback. We apreciate you being a fan of Kimpton hotels and I am happy to learn that you found us to be a great hotel with superior service and accomodations!
Please come back soon! EPIC wishes
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We have just returned from a trip to Miami for the marathon. Stayed at the Epic in a Club King Waterview room which was fabulous. We were on the 25th floor which is the same level as the Club lounge. Very modern, trendy hotel with a tremendous group of staff - all of the staff were fantastic!

Arrived around 7.00pm and quickly taken to the Club Lounge for check-in which was processed immediately and efficiently. The staff in the Club Lounge were all very friendly and helpful, well able to answer any queries we had.

The room was lovely with a nice water view, especially from the balcony. Extremely comfortable bed, large bathroom, good size room. Extra ammenities/services such as computer with internet access (we are Kimpton members so receive free wifi), twice daily housekeeping service, etc were much appreciated. The Club Lounge benefits were also great, including the breakfast, lunch, and drinks/snacks in the evening.

Spent time each day by the pools which is a great area and yes there is sun all day. Excellent service by the staff in the pool area, Carlos and Steve were particulary great during our visit.

Highly recommend this hotel and we would definitely return! Club room also recommended as the extra special service adds to the enjoyment of staying at this fabulous hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mel13Uk
Thanks so much for sharing the great experience you had with us. Your comments of being a "very modern, trendy hotel with a tremendous group of staff " exactly describe what we are about,
It makes me very happy and proud that your experience was right what we wanted it to be.
Please come back soon. EPIC wishes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We had been searching for a good room and came across several mom and pops places in southbeach, the reviews for southbeach were that they were old and not very customer orientated. We came across the epic hotel and the pictures look exactly like the hotel. We arrived for valet and they were busy but very friendly. Then we met a man working who was also very helpful. After checking in he walked up to us and shook are hand, said anything you need just call. The room had a goldfish which was a cute perk, very good bathroom products, and a city view. There were a list of free complimentary items they would bring up to make you feel at home, such as a humidifier curling irons, basically anything you forgot. Never have I had such good customer service. The pool everything was perfect stay here you won't regret it!

• Stayed February 2013
Rk0810
We are thrilled you chose our hotel and had a great time. I am very happy to hear your comment that we provided the best customer service you ever had! Providing heartfelt genuine service is what we are all about and you experienced it first hand. Please come back soon!
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Everything from the moment I arrived until check-out was absolutely top-notch. Normally I opt to stay in South Beach when I'm in Miami but this time it was between the Epic and the nearby Mandarin Oriental, and the Epic was... well, epic.

Our room was on the Club Level: the club lounge has a pleasant atmosphere and good selection of food, drinks & treats. The room itself was amazing: spacious, comfortable, with every imaginable amenity, etc - you get the idea. Kimpton really understands good service and what travelers need in a hotel room.

I'll likely be a repeat visitor: this is a great hotel not only for business but for Jan/Feb fun when it might be still too cold for the beach (the pool at the Epic is fantastic).

Room Tip: Go with the Club floors.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ana M
Thank you so much for your kind comments, We love to hear that you found everything "Top Notch" about your entire stay. I have passed on your comments to our team at the club floor and they were happy to be recognized.
Please come back soon!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Amazing property, 5-star service. I met my boyfriend at the property for one night and then we were relocating to a new property on South Beach. I was sad to leave our large guestroom with a balcony over looking the pool and the incredible ocean view. We ordered breakfast the night before by hanging our order on the door, it arrived on time and with all of my allergies within consideration.

One of their bellman,Christopher Hunt is amazing! I'm not sure what their service standard is but everyone can take a page from his book. He acknowledged and greeted me instantly, took my luggage, assisted me to an ATM, even went as far as to recommend I don't change my boots as it is a little chilly out and a lot of woman will be wearing them as well. He is a star!

CONS: We requested a late check out; which they accomodated. As we were headed back from the pool the housekeeping manager, I'm assuming, was very disgruntled and bluntly asked when we were checking out so she could clean our room. I work in the industry for a luxury brand, she could have easily ran a report displaying all the late check outs on our floor. Given the late check out policy is 2 or 3pm. She could have assumed it would have been around that time.

Also,the pool is little small and needs some maintenance as there are titles missing from the edges BUT the pool staff and views are amazing! I would never stay at a property with a huge pool as I'm not too fond of the crowd that type of amenity brings.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking the pool. You are guaranteed an amazing view of the water and downtown...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Erica S
Thanks for sharing your experience, I am happy to learn that you loved the property and the service. It was my pleasure to pass on your compliments to our bellman Christopher who took good care of you. So sorry about your experience with the housekeeper verfiying your departure time. It''s already been adressed!
Come back soon, EPIC wishes
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Our stay was just perfect. It's the closest hotel to the Marathon. We literally woke up and rolled into the event. In addition to complimentary morning coffee & afternoon wine, Epic also offered all runners gatorade and bananas at 4:00am on run day! We opted to eat something light in the room. I couldn't find travel size peanut butter so the front desk suggested I go to the restaurant 31 to see if they have any. They doggy bagged me peanut butter! We had pretty good breakfast there too. The staff are all very friendly and helpful.
Our first night we walked to the arena to see the Heat game. On our way back we strolled through the lively Bayside Market. It's about $25-$30 cab ride to/from airport and South Beach depending on traffic. The room was beautiful, spacious & the bed was comfortable. We slept very well with the balcony door opened and AC turned off. In mid January, the breezy wind cools the room. Although at times it was quite noisy outside as it is down town and traffic noise travel high up.
Since it was a bit cool to swim at times, (great pool and lounge area though) we went for runs instead. Our room had a running route map so we used it to run by Brickell Key. What wonderful view during sunset time!
The japanese restaurant inside the hotel "Zuma" is to die for! I think it was one of the best meals I had during my stay. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
RC00
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are all about sports at the EPIC and are glad that we were able to add that little extra to your stay such as gatorade and bananas at 4am.
Our staff truly cares in a genuine way and we are happy that you recognized them.
Please come back soon.
EPIC wishes

Jacqueline Ploettner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Coconut Grove
Viceroy Miami
#14 of 113 in Miami
4.0 of 5 stars 1,105 reviews
Four Seasons Hotel Miami

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!