“Best hotel in downtown miami close to southbeach” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
25% Off + FREE Upgrade
Ranked #5 of 130 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
“Best hotel in downtown miami close to southbeach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We had been searching for a good room and came across several mom and pops places in southbeach, the reviews for southbeach were that they were old and not very customer orientated. We came across the epic hotel and the pictures look exactly like the hotel. We arrived for valet and they were busy but very friendly. Then we met a man working who was also very helpful. After checking in he walked up to us and shook are hand, said anything you need just call. The room had a goldfish which was a cute perk, very good bathroom products, and a city view. There were a list of free complimentary items they would bring up to make you feel at home, such as a humidifier curling irons, basically anything you forgot. Never have I had such good customer service. The pool everything was perfect stay here you won't regret it!

• Stayed February 2013
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Rk0810
We are thrilled you chose our hotel and had a great time. I am very happy to hear your comment that we provided the best customer service you ever had! Providing heartfelt genuine service is what we are all about and you experienced it first hand. Please come back soon!
EPIC wishes, Jacqueline Ploettner

1,931 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Everything from the moment I arrived until check-out was absolutely top-notch. Normally I opt to stay in South Beach when I'm in Miami but this time it was between the Epic and the nearby Mandarin Oriental, and the Epic was... well, epic.

Our room was on the Club Level: the club lounge has a pleasant atmosphere and good selection of food, drinks & treats. The room itself was amazing: spacious, comfortable, with every imaginable amenity, etc - you get the idea. Kimpton really understands good service and what travelers need in a hotel room.

I'll likely be a repeat visitor: this is a great hotel not only for business but for Jan/Feb fun when it might be still too cold for the beach (the pool at the Epic is fantastic).

Room Tip: Go with the Club floors.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ana M
Thank you so much for your kind comments, We love to hear that you found everything "Top Notch" about your entire stay. I have passed on your comments to our team at the club floor and they were happy to be recognized.
Please come back soon!
EPIC wishes, Jacqueline Ploettner
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Amazing property, 5-star service. I met my boyfriend at the property for one night and then we were relocating to a new property on South Beach. I was sad to leave our large guestroom with a balcony over looking the pool and the incredible ocean view. We ordered breakfast the night before by hanging our order on the door, it arrived on time and with all of my allergies within consideration.

One of their bellman,Christopher Hunt is amazing! I'm not sure what their service standard is but everyone can take a page from his book. He acknowledged and greeted me instantly, took my luggage, assisted me to an ATM, even went as far as to recommend I don't change my boots as it is a little chilly out and a lot of woman will be wearing them as well. He is a star!

CONS: We requested a late check out; which they accomodated. As we were headed back from the pool the housekeeping manager, I'm assuming, was very disgruntled and bluntly asked when we were checking out so she could clean our room. I work in the industry for a luxury brand, she could have easily ran a report displaying all the late check outs on our floor. Given the late check out policy is 2 or 3pm. She could have assumed it would have been around that time.

Also,the pool is little small and needs some maintenance as there are titles missing from the edges BUT the pool staff and views are amazing! I would never stay at a property with a huge pool as I'm not too fond of the crowd that type of amenity brings.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking the pool. You are guaranteed an amazing view of the water and downtown...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Erica S
Thanks for sharing your experience, I am happy to learn that you loved the property and the service. It was my pleasure to pass on your compliments to our bellman Christopher who took good care of you. So sorry about your experience with the housekeeper verfiying your departure time. It''s already been adressed!
Come back soon, EPIC wishes
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Our stay was just perfect. It's the closest hotel to the Marathon. We literally woke up and rolled into the event. In addition to complimentary morning coffee & afternoon wine, Epic also offered all runners gatorade and bananas at 4:00am on run day! We opted to eat something light in the room. I couldn't find travel size peanut butter so the front desk suggested I go to the restaurant 31 to see if they have any. They doggy bagged me peanut butter! We had pretty good breakfast there too. The staff are all very friendly and helpful.
Our first night we walked to the arena to see the Heat game. On our way back we strolled through the lively Bayside Market. It's about $25-$30 cab ride to/from airport and South Beach depending on traffic. The room was beautiful, spacious & the bed was comfortable. We slept very well with the balcony door opened and AC turned off. In mid January, the breezy wind cools the room. Although at times it was quite noisy outside as it is down town and traffic noise travel high up.
Since it was a bit cool to swim at times, (great pool and lounge area though) we went for runs instead. Our room had a running route map so we used it to run by Brickell Key. What wonderful view during sunset time!
The japanese restaurant inside the hotel "Zuma" is to die for! I think it was one of the best meals I had during my stay. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
RC00
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are all about sports at the EPIC and are glad that we were able to add that little extra to your stay such as gatorade and bananas at 4am.
Our staff truly cares in a genuine way and we are happy that you recognized them.
Please come back soon.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for 4 nights on business. The room was great - lots of space and great views. The location was excellent for the financial district but also to enjoy the wonderful water activities. Great vibe overall. Perhaps the service in Area 31 restaurant could be improved (was a bit sporadic), but leaving that aside, would thoroughly recommend staying there.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
goco
Thanks for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. Having a great room with lots of space and awesome views in conjunction with a good vibe overall is what we are all about.
We look forward to having you back.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

we stayed at epic hotel in downtown Miami for the second time and we had a great experience. the hotel rooms are very clean, the staff is extremely friendly and the food is good. I would recommend this hotel to anyone if they are staying in the downtown Miami area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
kenmendo
Thanks for sharing and for being a regular guest of ours. I am happy you enjoyed our clean rooms, great food and certainly our extremely friendly staff.
We look forward to having you back again.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I recently stayed at the Epic on business and had a fantastic time. The room was great, check in was a breeze and the bar and restautrant were packed on a Thursday night. This is now my favorite place to stay in downtown Miami.

Room Tip: Get as high up as possible. See if you can overlook one of the pools.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mark R
Thanks for sharing. I am glad we became your favorite downtown hotel. Our views are certainly spectaclar and and we will be happy to upgrade you to a higher floor whenever we have availability.
Please come back soon

Jacqueline Ploettner

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!