“Extremely impressed...and I am hard to impress” 5 of 5 stars

25% Off + FREE Upgrade
Ranked #5 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Los Angeles, California
“Extremely impressed...and I am hard to impress”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

My first stay at EPIC was eye opening. The service, rooms, the overall feel of the hotel was outstanding. Luxury wise this is a 4-4.5 star hotel but that is not saying its far off from a 5 star (st Regis/four seasons).

Matt at the front desk was beyond helpful and when I had some problems with the rooms technology he was quick (and generous) to help.

If you want to get away from South Beach and have a relaxing, beautiful stay, I urge you to try EPIC.

PS. Zuma restaurant is in the hotel lobby and it is a can't miss. Make sure you reserve their Sunday brunch!

• Stayed January 2013
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
dreborn
Thank you so much for sharing. I have passed on your positive comments to Matt, one of our highly motivated Front Desk agents. He was very pleased to hear that he was personally recognized.
I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our "not far off from 5 star" service and product.
Please come back soon.
EPIC wishes
Jacqueline Ploettner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (498)
Mashantucket, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed at EPIC prior to going on a cruise. The location was perfect for this trendy hotel. Room was very clean and nicely decorated. The pool was lovely and the kids enjoyed it very much. Every one was pleasant and helpful. Stayed concierge level which was not worth the money compared to other hotels food/drink offering. Overall it was a very nice hotel and perfect for our purposes. Would stay here again for a down town location.

Room Tip: High floor for great view
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Tracy S
We appreciate you sharing your experience and recognizing our great staff and perfect location in downtown Miami close to Cruise ship take offs. We take pride in our stylish clean rooms and are happy for being recognized.
Visit us back soon,

Great Malvern, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at Epic for two nights, 13th january to15th January.

From the warm welcome of the very smartly attired door staff to the ultra efficient front desk staff, we realised this was a hotel of substance, we were given our room keys and directed to the elevators, the bell boy took care of our 6 items of luggage, some I would challenge Hercules to pick up.
Whilst in the lobby my wife and I were given a glass of wine whilst chatting to staff regarding where we had been on our vacation so far, and how refreshing it was that hotel staff show such an interest.
The whole front desk team were a credit to the hotel management,the room was incredible, overlooking the bay and a magnificent view of downtown Miami, we were on the 25th floor.
In past trips to Miami we have used The Mandarin,regarding future visits Epic will be our first port of call for accomodation in this great city.
Seth McDaniels and his team are to be commended, in particular Misha lang who made it quite clear that her and the staffs role was to make our stay memorable and it was,Carlos at the pool could not have looked after us better, nothing was to much trouble.
An added bonus was Zuma Restaurat in the hotel, if you have'nt been,go, its great, we had a great meal a nice bottle of Dommaines Ott a couple of cocktails and the bill was a nice suprise,
not to costly.
If you are thinking of where to stay in Miami Downtown then you should give Epic a go.

Room only we paid $498 for two nights room only.

Room Tip: 2504 was our room....Fabulous!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
edgie_11
Thank you so much for sharing. We love to learn about the great experience you had with our Front Desk agents and also management! Please rest assured that I have passed on your compliments to the team. Our bellman was happy to hear that he was given "Hercules strenght".
We look forward to welcoming you back for many more complimentary wine hours to come.

EPIC wishes,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

very good hotel in a good location. there is a wonderful restaurant inside, that is ZUMA, the best Japanese restaurant in Miami. but the breakfast that is included is very poor. you will have to order and pay for additional food.

• Stayed January 2013
Luiz Gustavo P
Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. It pains us to hear the not-so good stuff, but it helps us learn and improve. That's actually the case with the breakfast.
We hope to have you back!

Best.
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We moved to this hotel after a bad experience at another Miami hotel. We have been very pleased. The price we paid for the weekend rate was as good as I could expect for this quality of a hotel. Magnificent views, incredible common areas and amenities and some of the nicest appointments for the money. We paid $279 per night and thought it was a bargain. This has now become our "go to" hotel when in Miami. Very nice staff who swarm over you. They were always attentive to your needs and always available. I am not sure you could do any better when comparing the value of this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Check their on line specials frequently and browse them all. They have 411 rooms here and run diffe...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
onceinawhile31
Thanks for sharing. We love to hear about our great views and staff members swarming over you. We look forward to welcoming you back to your new "go to" hotel in Miami

Best,
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

The Epic was a great. It has a great view if your room is on the south/water side. The rooms have a lot of room.
The 16 floor bar is crazy on Friday nights with happy hour. It’s worth a visit just to look around. The hotel has free wine in the lobby from 5pm – 6pm every night. It’s only one red and white to choose from. They change flavors monthly but wish it was daily. They also have coffee and teas in the morning in the same location as the wine. The hotel has a Vegas/Miami/W hotel feel.
My experience was positive at the hotel but wish they could correct the following problems.
Wish they had newspapers at the front desk. It seemed the only papers I saw in the mornings were the couple on the tables near the front desk and most times people are reading them. It would be nice to pick one up on the way out in the mornings.
The hot water at the coffee and tea services was always an orangey color. Was that coffee or iron in the water?
Wish the Front desk person was more informative during check in. She was new but also had someone with her supervising her performance. She forgot telling me about the amenities above and found out from my co-workers also at the hotel.
Wish the internet was truly free. They tell you have free internet in your room but it to their site only.
Lastly, I had a loud hum noise coming and going from my closet in my room. It was in the ceiling were there was a metal box.
That’s about it and possibly plan to come back there again next year.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jacqueline P, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
AudioTraveler
Thanks for your great review. We appreciate you sharing your feedback and we are happy to address these items you pointed out. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay at EPIC and we are looking forward to your next visit. Please be our guest again.
Kind regards,
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Several great friends traveling into Miami for my milestone 30th birthday. From the moment we arrived down to the seconds we checked out , we had an EPIC stay. We rented a double bed room and were upgraded to a junior suite. And we also rented the corner one bedroom suite. Both rooms (next door to each other) were great. The junior suite is kind of small so if you plan to entertain, be sure to book a 1 bedroom suite. Within minutes a delivery of strawberries arrived to my room sent by family who couldnt join us. The presentation was great but they were not edible.... (they were defrosted frozen fruit) . Do not think your stay will be quiet. The night of my birthday they had six additional events happening so all of my guests were either stuck in line to valet park or I had to reroute them to the courtyard marriott or hyatt parking. This made my event from 8pm-10pm run from 9pm to 11pm. When I checked in with Aubrey (who is AMAZING) , she offered my group a glass of proseco at Area 51. It was so lovely. We had a special birthday toast with all my friends at the posh restaurant. It was certainly a night to remember. We ended up in the lounge on the first floor of epic afterwards. They were so kind to our guests and even gave us a comp bottle! The hotel then referred us to a nearby rooftop bar to remain nameless to finish the rest of our night. Very VIP of them to do this for our group. Overall our stay at Epic was EPIC! It is worth the price. Look out for deals or check to see if your employer has rates for you. ALso, if it's your birthday they will send you a coupon! Sadly I didn't know this and I paid full price :-( and noone mentioned it to me when i checked in or out during my actual birthday. That would be my recommendation for Kimpton to honor birthday deal if you choose to spend yours with them.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
freqflyer4
Thanks for posting such a great review on tripadvisor. We are thrilled that you selected EPIC for your 30th birthday celebration. It makes us happy to see that Aubrey created a lasting impressing and invited you for a round of bubbly to our restaurant. We hope you and your friends will be returning to EPIC soon.
Kind regards,
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!