“The travelers experience everyone should get!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
25% Off + FREE Upgrade
Ranked #5 of 129 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
“The travelers experience everyone should get!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This place is absolutely amazing from the rooms to the service. The front desk employees took care of me and my spouse from the moment we walked in till we checked out. We did not want to leave this lavish hotel! I strongly recommend everyone to stay in this hotel if your coming to Miami!

• Stayed December 2012
Jacqueline P, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
JeffRoze
Thanks for your great comments. We are happy you and your spouse had an amazing time and our employees took good care of you. We hope you will be returning to EPIC soon. Please visit us again.
Best wishes,
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager

1,965 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
Ithaca, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We got a very good price on rooms here, so were a bit surprised to see all the Ferraris and Porche's out front. A delux hotel by any standard. My only complaint is noise: Miami is just not a quiet city, and the music everywhere gets tiresome.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
KB14850
Thanks for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the luxury ambiance of our classy and upscale EPIC. I am sorry to learn that you did not like the music in our public areas, We would love for you to come back!

Springfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Stayed at the Epic this month for a few nights while on a business trip. I'd like to give this hotel 3.5 stars, so keep that in mind:

First, the hotel is really beautiful and feels upscale. The 16th floor pool deck is gorgeous, and the lobby is quite nice. The decor is a bit more muted than you'll find at other Kimptons, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. If you have business in downtown Miami the location can't be beat, and if you have a car, you can get to local restaurants and attractions in short order.

A couple issues with this stay, the first being inconsistent service. The staff member who checked me in was very nice, as were the valet and in-room dining staff. Others weren't quite so friendly. I had a maintenance issue with my room the first night and had to switch rooms, and I was surprised that no one from the front desk called to apologize or check to see if my new room was satisfactory. My room switch also caused me to lose a beautiful water view, which was replaced by a view of the city and a very loud drawbridge. Not a major problem, but a little disappointing.

That brings me to my second issue...the noise. Road and bridge noise were definite issues largely out of the hotel's control, but the 16th floor restaurant played loud music until about midnight during a few nights of my stay. Normally it wouldn't bother me too much, but considering I was there for business and had early morning appointments, I wished for a bit more tranquil atmosphere. (Not very Miami, I know!)

I think what this all comes down to is that the Epic is a very nice hotel, but it feels more like a large chain hotel than many of the other, more truly "boutique" Kimpton properties. Because of this, things felt a little less friendly and intimate. If you don't mind that, you might like the Epic quite a bit. If the Epic could bring a bit more of the expected Kimpton hospitality to this property, it could really be a standout hotel among the many good options in Miami.

Room Tip: If you're sensitive to noise, request a room number that ends in a low number - they are over th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
AmandaG
Thanks for sharing your feedback. We are happy to hear that you overall had a good time and liked our luxury hotel. We appreciate you recognizing the friendliness of our staffmembers!
We totally agree with you that follow up is essential in any operation and have already adressed your critique.

Hertford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

The Epic Hotel in Miami is a member of the Kimpton chain. As we had previously stayed in the Vancouver Kimpton and enjoyed it we decided to stay in this Miami hotel. We were definitely not disappointed. It is excellently situated and takes about 15-20 mins to walk, along a pleasant waterside path, to the main bay front tourist area.

We had decided to treat ourselves to 4 nights in a water view room on the executive floor. Although we arrived very early, soon after 10.00 am, we were greeted in a friendly fashion, asked if we would like a coffee, and told our room was ready. (We also had a late checkout with no problem and no charge.) It was 3003 and had a magnificent view over the water – we spent several happy evenings on the balcony watching the watery world go by. The room itself was a good size with extra chairs and a desk with a computer and free wi-fi. The bathroom was large with both a shower and a tub.

After unpacking, we went to the executive lounge on floor 29 where sandwiches, cold drinks and coffee were available. We next organised ourselves out on a few trips then went to the pool. Plenty of sun beds in shade or sun and two lovely pools – a touch chilly for us but it was December.

In the evening hot snacks and free drinks were available in the executive lounge from 6.00 pm to 8.00 pm, in addition to these two wines were available for everyone to taste in the lobby from 5.00 pm to 6.00 pm. We tried these a couple of nights and enjoyed chatting to the other guests and looking at the lovely Christmas trees.

Overall I could not fault our stay and would recommend paying the extra and booking the water view executive floor for the great view and the food and drink in the lounge. We shall certainly return on our next trip to Miami.

Room Tip: 3003 had a wonderful view but I expect any room ending 03 and above the 20th floor would be equally...
Chriscris
Thanks for your letting us know about the great experience you had with us at the EPIC and at other Kimpton properties. Our entire staff was certainly happy to take care of all your needs you had within your stay! Furthermore it was great to hear that you you enjoyed our views and the Pool!

West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

After staying at the Epic for the past 4 days and 2 days remaining in my trip, I have had such an amazing experience with the staff here.

My main rave goes out Christian the daytime front desk operator, who's hospitality, can do attitude, willingness to getting everything done and sheer lever of perfection and professionalism has made my stay here the most memorable.

He has been the best and most helpful during my business stay here, going above and beyond to make things perfect and quick to correct and hiccups.

If you are ever visiting the EPIC in LA he's the person to go see and he sadly will be leaving the Miami Beach location after the new year. :(

If it wasn't for Christian, things wold have been way more complicated and less enjoyable. I highly recommend him as the go to guy at the front desk.

Most of the staff is very "on it" but his warm charms, always friendly and smiling attitude blows everyone else's away.

The hotel it self is pure luxury and more than I expected. Having stayed here for the first time ever since living in FL for the past 11 years, this will be one of the first places I think of coming back to stay or recommending for my clients that come in from out of town.

Only down side traffic is a nightmare, the valet attendants are great but the parking situation is horrendous and I could do without the sheer snottiness of most of the guests. People are always dressed to impress no matter what time of day it is, so make sure you're wardrobe is on point and expect to see 90% of vehicles pulling in and out to be ultimate luxury!! Lucky, must be nice.

Cheers,

xo

Room Tip: Rooms over looking Zuma, may be noisy because of the boat bridge, but rooms over looking the poolsid...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
MishaBranche
Thanks for your feedback about the luxury EPIC. We take a lot of pride in our employees and are thrilled that you took the time to recognize Christian, one of our great Front Desk staff members.
Christian was very happy to hear your positive feedback about him

Happy New Year and once again thanks for sharing!
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

This hotel has a nice location in downtown Miami. The rooms are very nicely appointed and have many amenities (one lacking was an in-room coffee pot). There was a room safe, iron and board, and robes. The workout room is open 24/7 and is among the very best I have seen in any hotel. There is a really great pool deck. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. You can get free WiFi by singing up for their email. They also threw in a $10 credit for the minibar! The valet parking is a bit slow and not cheap at $36/night. There was a bit of road noise when the balcony door was open but when it was closed it was dead quiet in our room. No noise from the hall or other rooms. The view of the harbor was really lovely in the morning and sitting on the balcony over the pool was great! I highly recommend this place and we would go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Room numbers below XX21 look to the harbor and the pool off their balcony. They also get morning su...
Lasrman
Thank you for your nice feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our amenties, our quiet rooms and most importantly our friendly staff.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Wishing you a Happy New Year!
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Good points and bad points.

We were given a upgrade to a suite for my wife's birthday. Unfortunately the suite overlooked a very noisy road, and a bridge that needed to be opened to shipping with bells, and loudspeaker annoucements.

Staff are very friendley and helpful. But small amount of money stolen from our room, security promised to give us a explanation/update, they never did.

Swiming pool area looks lovely, but pools are unheated, water is freezing. Hence my wife did not swim. On the last day pool access was restricted due to TV soap opera being allowed to film at pool. Hence we were not allowed in the sun area. Is this a Hotel for guests, or for TV companies. Dissapointed that guests placed second.

I would not return and cannot reccomend.

Room Tip: Make sure they give you a sea view, and not a river view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
BobHarris10
Thank you for sharing your feedback, I am so sorry to learn that you experienced some issues throughout your stay. Thanks to your feedback we are in the process of investing the issues you experienced throughout your stay to make sure this will never happen again.
Best wishes and happy holidays
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!