“The Epic Has Style” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Harrison, Arkansas
“The Epic Has Style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We were very pleased with everything about EPIC Hotel in Miami. Our room on the 26th floor has a balcony with a table for two. Inside, the bathroom featured both a walk-in tiled shower and a separate marble tub, which opened up to the bedroom, or could be closed off with a drop-down shade. The restaurant, Area 31, served great food on the 16th floor, and you could dine inside or out. The lobby restaurant, Zuma, is one of the hotest spots in Miami. Very trendy Japanese dining and ranked #4 of 918 restaurants on Trip Advisor. We loved the location, which was a short walk across the bridge from Truluck's, a wonderful place to eat (#6 in Miami), which is a downtown alternative to Joe's Stone Crab, if you're looking for fresh fish. Overall, EPIC is a great hotel in keeping with the Kimpton tradition.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacqueline P, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
siloamjim
Thanks for your awesome review. We are happy you enjoyed your room on the 26th floor, with stunning views over Miami and Biscayne Bay. Our award-winning restaurant AREA31 and ZUMA are definitely a must for lunch or dinner while staying at EPIC. Thanks for being our guest and for being loyal to Kimpton. We are looking forward to your next stay.

1,926 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
Lebanon, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Save your pennies and stay on the concierges level. Zuma's food was worth every penny, try the tasting menu.

In general this is a posh Miami hotel where you are truly pampered. The roof top pool and restaurant was accentuated by a unbelievable pool side staff which caters to your every whim but doesn't crowd you. The spa was a disappointment though, although the therapists are well above average the facilities were not, you need to work on this folks.
Overall if your looking for a phenomenal hotel within a 10 min drive of south beach here it is

• Stayed November 2012
mitchell F
Thanks for your great review. We are thrilled to read your wonderful comments and glad, you felt pampered and our staff took good care of you. Thanks for recommending us to other travelers.
Fair Oaks, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

The Epic is a first class hotel from it's location on the channels to the soft bathrobes in the rooms. Our standard room was large, very clean and very comfortable. The staff tried to be very helpful, though communication amongst departments was not stellar: we were to have complimentary wine and snacks but the info did not get from the front desk to the restaurant. We stayed four nights and enjoyed an included breakfast each morning in the restaurant a lovely setting in the early morning.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
zchristy1
Thanks for sharing your feedback from your stay at EPIC. The comfort of our guests is most important to us and we are sorry to see that we did not provide you with clear information. However, we are glad your overall stay was fun and relaxing. Please be our guest again. We are looking forward to your next visit.
Almere, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

We arrived in the Epic hotel after our transatlantic cruise. The Epic is a very nice hotel with all the features you would expect in a luxurious hotel. The nice extra's are: free wifi for Intouch members (needs registration) and the free wine hour! There are some small points that were not perfect during our stay, such as a defect pc, and interactive TV system and a lot of dust beyond the drawer. The last point is the high price for the rooms.

Jacqueline P, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Roy H
Thank you for sharing your feedback from your stay. We apologize for the interruption in our TV service. However, we are glad to see that you enjoyed your overall stay and some extra perks, such as complimentary internet and our evening wine hour.
We are looking forward to your next visit.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Went to the Epic hotel on leisure and found it over all to be excellent. Rooms are nicely appointed, clean and comfortable. The hotel it self is nice, clean and large. The location is excellent, walked to bayside marketplace to shop and eat. The views from the pool are outstanding, and the pool was very good too. The staff was every attentive and friendly. It would be nice for such a large facility to have additional activities besides the Pool, Spa, and restaurant (Expensive), maybe like a starbucks or similar. Besides the pool, kids activities are not available. Special Thanks got to Oscar, Raquel, Shantell and the rest of the morning crew of the club level. They make you feel welcome and special. Oscar and Raquel were amazing.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Miami.

Room Tip: Floors 29 and higher are very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jacqueline P, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
edgar49er
Thanks for your excellent review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our spacious rooms, our relaxing pool area and our convenient location in downtown Miami – close to local attractions, shopping and dining.
We are looking forward to your next stay. Please return soon.
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I don't normally write reviews online. However, my recent 3 night stay at the Epic was so wonderful that I felt they deserved the acknowledgment. I was in Miami with my wife celebrating her 60th birthday and it seemed that every member of the hotel staff was aware of this. The numerous upgrades, all without asking, included an incredible King Suite, breakfast every morning, and champagne every afternoon. I have stayed in great hotels all over the world and the Epic belongs in this category. The defining element of this hotel is the EXCEPTIONAL service from every member of the staff, from the lobby, to the spa, and of course the restaurant, Area 31! My only disappointment was not getting to meet the resort manager, Jacqueline P., who I am sure had much to do with everything.

Room Tip: Select a room with a water view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Gary R
Thanks for your wonderful comments. We are thrilled you selected EPIC for your 60th birthday celebration and we are happy to hear that we created an unforgettable experience. I am very sorry I was not able to meet you in person, but I hope I can do so next time you visit. Please be our guest again.
NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Hotel was nice although it felt like somewhere I would stay on business and not on a vacation. My real issue was with the service. We only stayed there for one night, and we noticed before heading out for dinner that our AC was not working. I went down to the front desk and addressed it with them and they assuresd me that they would take care of it while we were out. Of course when we got home at 1 am, nothing had been fixed and our room tempature was uncomfortable, so at that hour in the morning when all we wanted to do was go to bed, I had to wait for them to fix it. Really unacceptable, and the best part was I had friends also staying at the Epic and they had a similar issue with their AC while staying there.
Next morning came the issue I am still dealing with today. I had prepaid for our stay through Jetsetter.com. They had put a copy of our bill under our door, so I reviewed it in the morning and noticed that they had in fact charged me for the room again. I called down stairs and spoke to someone at the front desk who assured me it was a mistake. Of course when I went to check out an hour later my bill was handed to me again reflecting a charge for the room. Once again they removed it and assured me that they knew I had prepaid for it. I signed a copy of the bill with a zero balance reflecting that the room was prepaid. Once again though when I returned home I noticed my credit card had been charged for the room. I then called the hotel one week ago, I was assured it was a mistake and they said the charge would be removed. Well now it's been a week and of course the charge has still not been removed so today I will have to waste my time calling my credit card company to finally remove the charge. I figure the credit card company might have more luck dealing with the hotel then I did. Needless to say, never ever again will I stay at the Epic.

• Stayed November 2012
KJKSOHO
Thank you for sharing your feedback from your stay at Tripadvisor. We are truly sorry to read about your experience. Being an eco-friendly hotel, our A/C system is programmed to automatically set at a certain temperature if there is no motion in the room. We are sad we were not made aware of your dissatisfaction, as we could have easily ‘over-write’ the system and program it at your preferred setting. Please be certain that our Accounting department will be in touch with you, to solve your credit card and billing issues. We truly hope you will be giving us a second chance and returning to EPIC.
We would love to have you back as our guest.
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!