“A classy hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Fair Oaks, California
“A classy hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

The Epic is a first class hotel from it's location on the channels to the soft bathrobes in the rooms. Our standard room was large, very clean and very comfortable. The staff tried to be very helpful, though communication amongst departments was not stellar: we were to have complimentary wine and snacks but the info did not get from the front desk to the restaurant. We stayed four nights and enjoyed an included breakfast each morning in the restaurant a lovely setting in the early morning.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Jacqueline P, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
zchristy1
Thanks for sharing your feedback from your stay at EPIC. The comfort of our guests is most important to us and we are sorry to see that we did not provide you with clear information. However, we are glad your overall stay was fun and relaxing. Please be our guest again. We are looking forward to your next visit.
Kind regards,
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
Almere, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

We arrived in the Epic hotel after our transatlantic cruise. The Epic is a very nice hotel with all the features you would expect in a luxurious hotel. The nice extra's are: free wifi for Intouch members (needs registration) and the free wine hour! There are some small points that were not perfect during our stay, such as a defect pc, and interactive TV system and a lot of dust beyond the drawer. The last point is the high price for the rooms.

Jacqueline P, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Roy H
Thank you for sharing your feedback from your stay. We apologize for the interruption in our TV service. However, we are glad to see that you enjoyed your overall stay and some extra perks, such as complimentary internet and our evening wine hour.
We are looking forward to your next visit.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Went to the Epic hotel on leisure and found it over all to be excellent. Rooms are nicely appointed, clean and comfortable. The hotel it self is nice, clean and large. The location is excellent, walked to bayside marketplace to shop and eat. The views from the pool are outstanding, and the pool was very good too. The staff was every attentive and friendly. It would be nice for such a large facility to have additional activities besides the Pool, Spa, and restaurant (Expensive), maybe like a starbucks or similar. Besides the pool, kids activities are not available. Special Thanks got to Oscar, Raquel, Shantell and the rest of the morning crew of the club level. They make you feel welcome and special. Oscar and Raquel were amazing.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Miami.

Room Tip: Floors 29 and higher are very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jacqueline P, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
edgar49er
Thanks for your excellent review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our spacious rooms, our relaxing pool area and our convenient location in downtown Miami – close to local attractions, shopping and dining.
We are looking forward to your next stay. Please return soon.
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I don't normally write reviews online. However, my recent 3 night stay at the Epic was so wonderful that I felt they deserved the acknowledgment. I was in Miami with my wife celebrating her 60th birthday and it seemed that every member of the hotel staff was aware of this. The numerous upgrades, all without asking, included an incredible King Suite, breakfast every morning, and champagne every afternoon. I have stayed in great hotels all over the world and the Epic belongs in this category. The defining element of this hotel is the EXCEPTIONAL service from every member of the staff, from the lobby, to the spa, and of course the restaurant, Area 31! My only disappointment was not getting to meet the resort manager, Jacqueline P., who I am sure had much to do with everything.

Room Tip: Select a room with a water view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Gary R
Thanks for your wonderful comments. We are thrilled you selected EPIC for your 60th birthday celebration and we are happy to hear that we created an unforgettable experience. I am very sorry I was not able to meet you in person, but I hope I can do so next time you visit. Please be our guest again.
NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Hotel was nice although it felt like somewhere I would stay on business and not on a vacation. My real issue was with the service. We only stayed there for one night, and we noticed before heading out for dinner that our AC was not working. I went down to the front desk and addressed it with them and they assuresd me that they would take care of it while we were out. Of course when we got home at 1 am, nothing had been fixed and our room tempature was uncomfortable, so at that hour in the morning when all we wanted to do was go to bed, I had to wait for them to fix it. Really unacceptable, and the best part was I had friends also staying at the Epic and they had a similar issue with their AC while staying there.
Next morning came the issue I am still dealing with today. I had prepaid for our stay through Jetsetter.com. They had put a copy of our bill under our door, so I reviewed it in the morning and noticed that they had in fact charged me for the room again. I called down stairs and spoke to someone at the front desk who assured me it was a mistake. Of course when I went to check out an hour later my bill was handed to me again reflecting a charge for the room. Once again they removed it and assured me that they knew I had prepaid for it. I signed a copy of the bill with a zero balance reflecting that the room was prepaid. Once again though when I returned home I noticed my credit card had been charged for the room. I then called the hotel one week ago, I was assured it was a mistake and they said the charge would be removed. Well now it's been a week and of course the charge has still not been removed so today I will have to waste my time calling my credit card company to finally remove the charge. I figure the credit card company might have more luck dealing with the hotel then I did. Needless to say, never ever again will I stay at the Epic.

• Stayed November 2012
KJKSOHO
Thank you for sharing your feedback from your stay at Tripadvisor. We are truly sorry to read about your experience. Being an eco-friendly hotel, our A/C system is programmed to automatically set at a certain temperature if there is no motion in the room. We are sad we were not made aware of your dissatisfaction, as we could have easily ‘over-write’ the system and program it at your preferred setting. Please be certain that our Accounting department will be in touch with you, to solve your credit card and billing issues. We truly hope you will be giving us a second chance and returning to EPIC.
We would love to have you back as our guest.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I travel for work and being away from home and my family is very hard but I always look forward to my stay at the Epic. The rooms are amazing but what makes my trips extra special is the staff as they always go above and beyond the call of duty to make my stay amazing! They are all so special and make me feel at home and part of the Epic family. When I arrive I am greeted by a welcome back Mrs. Smith and if you need anything just let us know. Karen Leger always makes sure my room is set for my stay, Ashley and Christian Betancourt at the front desk alway give me a big hug and check me in quickly (they are amazing)! I only stay at the Epic because they make me feel like I am family and that is truly important when you are on the road! I want to thank all the Epic staff for making my stays in Miami amazing!

Room Tip: Any water view and I love room 2219 it has a great view and fun room design
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
mokaymonkey
Thanks for your incredible review. It makes us proud to be named ‘the best hotel and staff in the world’ by you. We are happy you feel like home each time you visit. We are looking forward to your next stay.
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I spent two nights at the Kimpton in November. I found all of staff to be incredibly friendly, and the service quite good. They have two restaurants in the hotel - a large busy one on the main floor. The other on the 16th floor called area 31 was where I ate one evening. A stunning meal of lobster and okra. not your real Atlantic lobster but pretty good nonetheless. One of the better meals I've had in years. The room was clean, had a great bathtub, and the hotel had a pretty good gym. They could use a hot tub on the pool deck, and the New York Times delivered to my door, otherwise it was a pleasure.

Room Tip: Join their membership club – you will probably get a better room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DrMcKinnon
Thanks for sharing your feedback from your stay. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your time at EPIC and had an amazing dining experience at our signature restaurant AREA31.
We hope you will be returning soon.
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!