“Still dealing with my bill, over one week later. Never ever again will I stay at the Epic.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel

Ranked #5 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Hotel was nice although it felt like somewhere I would stay on business and not on a vacation. My real issue was with the service. We only stayed there for one night, and we noticed before heading out for dinner that our AC was not working. I went down to the front desk and addressed it with them and they assuresd me that they would take care of it while we were out. Of course when we got home at 1 am, nothing had been fixed and our room tempature was uncomfortable, so at that hour in the morning when all we wanted to do was go to bed, I had to wait for them to fix it. Really unacceptable, and the best part was I had friends also staying at the Epic and they had a similar issue with their AC while staying there.
Next morning came the issue I am still dealing with today. I had prepaid for our stay through Jetsetter.com. They had put a copy of our bill under our door, so I reviewed it in the morning and noticed that they had in fact charged me for the room again. I called down stairs and spoke to someone at the front desk who assured me it was a mistake. Of course when I went to check out an hour later my bill was handed to me again reflecting a charge for the room. Once again they removed it and assured me that they knew I had prepaid for it. I signed a copy of the bill with a zero balance reflecting that the room was prepaid. Once again though when I returned home I noticed my credit card had been charged for the room. I then called the hotel one week ago, I was assured it was a mistake and they said the charge would be removed. Well now it's been a week and of course the charge has still not been removed so today I will have to waste my time calling my credit card company to finally remove the charge. I figure the credit card company might have more luck dealing with the hotel then I did. Needless to say, never ever again will I stay at the Epic.

• Stayed November 2012
Jacqueline P, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
KJKSOHO
Thank you for sharing your feedback from your stay at Tripadvisor. We are truly sorry to read about your experience. Being an eco-friendly hotel, our A/C system is programmed to automatically set at a certain temperature if there is no motion in the room. We are sad we were not made aware of your dissatisfaction, as we could have easily ‘over-write’ the system and program it at your preferred setting. Please be certain that our Accounting department will be in touch with you, to solve your credit card and billing issues. We truly hope you will be giving us a second chance and returning to EPIC.
We would love to have you back as our guest.
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I travel for work and being away from home and my family is very hard but I always look forward to my stay at the Epic. The rooms are amazing but what makes my trips extra special is the staff as they always go above and beyond the call of duty to make my stay amazing! They are all so special and make me feel at home and part of the Epic family. When I arrive I am greeted by a welcome back Mrs. Smith and if you need anything just let us know. Karen Leger always makes sure my room is set for my stay, Ashley and Christian Betancourt at the front desk alway give me a big hug and check me in quickly (they are amazing)! I only stay at the Epic because they make me feel like I am family and that is truly important when you are on the road! I want to thank all the Epic staff for making my stays in Miami amazing!

Room Tip: Any water view and I love room 2219 it has a great view and fun room design
mokaymonkey
Thanks for your incredible review. It makes us proud to be named ‘the best hotel and staff in the world’ by you. We are happy you feel like home each time you visit. We are looking forward to your next stay.
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I spent two nights at the Kimpton in November. I found all of staff to be incredibly friendly, and the service quite good. They have two restaurants in the hotel - a large busy one on the main floor. The other on the 16th floor called area 31 was where I ate one evening. A stunning meal of lobster and okra. not your real Atlantic lobster but pretty good nonetheless. One of the better meals I've had in years. The room was clean, had a great bathtub, and the hotel had a pretty good gym. They could use a hot tub on the pool deck, and the New York Times delivered to my door, otherwise it was a pleasure.

Room Tip: Join their membership club – you will probably get a better room.
DrMcKinnon
Thanks for sharing your feedback from your stay. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your time at EPIC and had an amazing dining experience at our signature restaurant AREA31.
We hope you will be returning soon.
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Business meeting there. Rooms were great, hotel staff excellent and very helpful. Pool area was very nice and the views are great from rooms and pool deck. Zuma restaurant was outstanding and I'm not a big Japanese food fan. Local nightlife is close enough to walk or a very short cab ride. Miami is high energy and hits place and staff are too, but rooms are great to totally relax in.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Daniel J
Thanks for your review and for visiting EPIC while being on business in Miami. We are glad you had a successful visit and got some R&R in at our amazing pool area. Our restaurant AREA31 and restaurant ZUMA are hotspots and Miami and it makes us happy you enjoyed their cuisine and service to the fullest.
We are looking forward to your next stay with us.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed at the Epic Hotel while on last-minute 3-day business trip, arriving at 1:30 am on a delayed flight from California. The room (King Suite - Room 2719) was excellent in every way- from the cleaniness and comfort of the room to the spacious bedroom and equally spacious spa-like bathroom. The entire suite is designed for relaxed comfort with large flat-screens in the living room (it has a hide-a-bed L-shaped sofaI) and bedroom. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful whether house-keeper and doorman to reception desk and operator. I will stay here again on my next trip-business or pleasure. I am pleased to join the circle of appreciative guests who have recorded their positive experinces here as well.

Room Tip: Corner suites have spacious patios off the living room and the spa-bathrooms to sit outside and enjo...
SanDiegoGuy1
Thanks for your superb comments. We are thrilled that we created an amazing experience with our attentive and friendly service and our comfy and relaxing rooms.
We appreciate that you gave us the opportunity to stay with us and we can’t wait to welcome you back in the future.
Scranton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Did I know that I would be treated like a VIP who had stayed at EPIC- Miami in the past? No, but that's the feeling I had from the moment of check-in until the moment I left not 20 hours later. I felt like the only guest registered, and I LIKED IT! Great staff, location, and value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Jack B
Thanks for sharing your wonderful feedback from your stay at EPIC. We are very happy to make you feel as the one and only guest and like a VIP during your stay. Our staff is amazing and we are happy you noticed this.
Please be our guest again. We would love to have you back.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is my second stay at the EPIC and once again I am overwhelmed at the amazing service and beautiful accomodation of this hotel. I chose EPIC for my birthday getaway after staying there a few months prior and Im certainly happy I did. Not only was check in quick and efficient but because of my birthday I was upgraded to a club level room and given a bottle of champage on the house! I had the opportunity to receive discounted spa services and a free glass of proseco at the restaurant. It truly was a wonderful experience and EPIC indeed is my place to stay in Miami!

I will be back soon!

Room Tip: The view at club level is worth it!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Brooklyn_SS
Thanks for your incredible posting on Tripadvisor. We are glad you selected EPIC for your birthday getaway and our staff created an amazing experience for you. We are looking forward to your next visit. Please return soon.
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!