“A Unique Hotel Offering A Fine Experience in Miaim!” 5 of 5 stars

25% Off + FREE Upgrade
Ranked #6 of 129 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Long Island, NY
“A Unique Hotel Offering A Fine Experience in Miaim!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The EPIC is an ultra-modern, sophisticated and stylish hotel on Biscayne Bay, in an area filled with huge, impressive, architecturally compelling buildings that give the area a classy, upscale feel. Our room was spacious, immaculate, with a large patio and beautiful, dramatic views of the Bay and the skyline. The room was tastefully designed and furnished...made you feel like you were staying the residence of an interior designer...Good for families and couples...Hip crowd. We arrived Friday night and felt like we were in the middle of a Burn Notice episode...Great looking guys and women in their 20's and 30's...Unique feature of the hotel: each room has its own computer terminal! Staff is very attentive to providing you with what you need and to responding quickly to requests for service. Neighborhood tip: Just a short walk from the hotel (down 3rd) is a Starbucks, a CVS, a Walgreens, a Post Office, bank branches, a Subway sandwich shop and various modest and a few high-priced restaurants and cafes. Inquire about public buses that can take you to South Beach and malls for a modest fare. One warning: daily parking is a whopping 36 dollars!!! We found a long-term parking facility that charged us $20 a day...So look around after you leave your car for the first night.

Room Tip: Obviously, request (high) room with a "view." Request a coffee maker, if you're into c...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacqueline P, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Geohab
Thanks for your wonderful and detailed review. We are happy to hear that you experienced a high end an upscale guest service at our hotel. EPIC is a place to ‘see and being seen’, especially on weekends, when many locals visit our restaurant AREA31 for the best Happy Hour in town, as well as restaurant ZUMA and KYMA lounge. We are thrilled that you had an amazing time and we are looking forward to your next stay with us.

1,970 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (490)
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

EPIC Miami is the best Kimpton I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. While most of their properties are small boutique hotels, EPIC is large and has all of the amenities one would expect from an upscale hotel. My suite had an amazing view of the city. The bathroom was the size of most regular hotel rooms. The furnishings were beautiful, contemporary, and unique looking. The Exhale Spa location in the hotel was fantastic. The spa facilities and pool were beautiful and well kept, and my massage was lovely. The property also has two restaurants and a lounge. One of the restaurants, Zuma, is the first American location of the award winning restaurant of the same name in London. With a full service spa and top rated restaurant, EPIC is a Miami hotspot! Since the hotel is a popular place to hang out the valet situation can be hectic, but the staff is great about making sure hotel guests are given top priority. My only complaint was the quality of the room service. I loved that you could order 24/7, but the food was definitely mediocre. Though with the superior quality of everything else at the hotel, the mediocre room service food is no deal breaker.

From the 20-30 somethings always dressed up and hanging out, to the grand lobby and fancy entrance with luxury cars parked out front, EPIC offers an instant scene without all the congestion of South Beach...but right by the bridge so getting to SoBe is quick and easy. If you are looking for the Miami experience, this place is it!

Room Tip: To get around paying for w-fi, sign up (for free) for the Kimpton loyalty program.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Jacqueline P, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
CNR683
Thanks for your amazing comments. We are honored to be named the best Kimpton you have ever experienced. EPIC is definitely a hotspot in Miami. If you are enjoying a core fusion class at Exhale, relaxing pool side, or dining at restaurant AREA31 or ZUMA, EPIC has something to offer for everyone.
We are glad you had a wonderful time and we are looking forward to your next stay with us.
jacksonville, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I made a reservation for a standard room for 3 days. Upon arrival, I was able to upgrade to a very nice junior suite for a nominal fee. My plans changed and there was no problem leaving a day early. Fantastic amenities and service - best of all - totally pet friendly with no charges at all!

Room Tip: Ask for room 2820 - has a river view but they only charge for a city view. Awesome junior suite.
Dixiesugar
Thanks for your wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade to a suite, with beautiful views over the Miami River and Miami’s Skyline. Thanks for complimenting our attentive and friendly service. We hope you will be returning to EPIC soon. Please visit us again.
Bronx, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

First let me start with the not so delightful, as there are not many bad things. We found the room service food to be underwhelming. Husband ordered a turkey burger that was dry but ok, fries were good. I had the fish tacos, they were decent. We had breakfast it was a disaster, awful cheese grits, egg whites were not tasty at all. The positives were the pancakes, they were delish..light & fluffy to perfection, The toast was good too (but good toast is setting the bar low). We also ordered a late night snack of spring rolls that were good but the dessert I ordered was No Bueno. We also needed to print a document & were told by the front desk to go to the Business office, which I must say was a really nice room with several printers & a convenient atm located there. However, I was more than a little peeved that such a luxurious place would need to charge $7.95 for the use of their computers. We have NEVER experienced this before, not a good look. I found the concierge to be ok, but not that great. We asked him for local (close to the hotel) stuff to do & he sent us further downtown to a market place & he didn't even tell us about the bayside market place by the pier (we just happened upon it & had a blast). Had drinks at area 31 & was not impressed by the drink selection,or the taste of the drinks everything was too tart. The air vents in the room were kind of loud with a constant humming/clicking.

Ok, so the good stuff. This place is gorgeous! Having stayed at some other kimpton properties I think this one is the largest with one of the most stunning views. We were greeted by the most gracious bellman, with the best uniforms ever (think havanna nights) . Check in was a breeze, the front desk was sooooo nice, she wished me a happy birthday a million times. Got to the room we were beyond happy. View was beyond gorgeous, very nice corner balcony. I was welcomed by a huge birthday cookie with birthday wishes & a card. Super comfy sofa. Everything was extremely clean & crisp (i'm a psycho about these things) bed & pillows super comfy. Minibar stocked very well. Loved the bathroom, especially the shower, great towels & robes. We may not have been impressed with the food via room service, but the promptness & politeness of the staff delivering was stellar. There is a lounge in the lobby & they were having a Halloween party, we popped in after dinner out, there was no cover, the music was good & the staff was nice. The pool gorgeous & full of the beautiful people of a certain age & caliber, no loud foolishness, or drunk sobe crew here. Be prepared for the extravaganza of the cars pulling up in this hotel..ooh lala, so entertaining Aston Martins, Lambos, ect. Fancy yachts docking in front constantly. All of this was great, but I must say that the service is what puts this property over the top (unlike other reviewers I found the staff great, except for one idiot bellhop) Whenever there was a remote problem the staff responded quickly, (maintence men for our door lock, maid service took their jobs seriously, they even refused to let my husband get his own ice from the machine) Check out was a breeze. I think this hotel is one of the best & if you got it to spend then the Epic is where you should spend it. I doubt there is another hotel that comes close in the area.

Room Tip: The higher the room the better & spring for the suite, its well worth it. I hear that the club...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacqueline P, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Poppaswife
Thanks so much for sharing your detailed comments back from your stay. We appreciate your feedback regarding our In Room Dining offerings, our business center and Concierge service. It makes us happy to hear that you were impressed by our attentive and friendly guest service. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to EPIC very soon. Please visit us again.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We recently stayed at the Epic for a week during a business trip to Miami and (as can happen from time to time with a hotel that has 400 rooms), there was an issue with ours that needed to be resolved. All hotels will have problems from time to time but it's the way in which the property responds to them that separates a good hotel from a poor one.

As someone who sleeps on the road over 90 days out of the year I can tell you from experience that the engineering staff and front desk management at the Epic are top notch. They worked diligently to fix the problem with our room and went out of their way to make up for the inconvenience that we experienced. We're sold on the Epic and will definitely be back!

Ian M
Thanks for your excellent review. We are sorry to hear that your stay was not flawless, but we are thrilled that our team was able to solve the issue in a very efficient way. We appreciate your understanding and we are looking forward to have you back - again and again and again.
Virgin Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have stayed many times at the Epic and have always been pleased
This trip I stayed on club level which is by far my first choice . I love the lounge and the freedom to have several small meals without feeling awkward when traveling alone. I really enjoyed the salads and choice of sandwiches at lunch and I must say since my last stay almost 9 months earlier the chef has really improved the food offerings at cocktail hour. It definately reflects Area 31 now. The bar offerings are great too I usually had a mimosa but whether you are looking for Patron or Grey Goose they have everything. Rachel makes a mean white russian and when some other guests requested a mojito it was also possible..Yes is usually the answer to all reasonable requests.

The staff really makes your trip.
From the moment you arrive when the guys in their straw hats open the door and welcome you to the friendly front desk staff or the concierge staff on club who check you in.

My stay was supposed to a couple days as I was waiting to close on a condo.
This was not to happen and I had to extend my stay and extend my stay and extend my stay. Needless to say this was not ideal for me. However Seth the front office manager at the time Stephanie and all front desk staff made it so easy by allowing me to continue to stay in my lovely room without the burden of moving rooms each time I requested an extension.

Each day when I went to the lounge for breakfast or a snack. everyone from JP to Rachel Oscar and Felipe would ask how my condo deal was progressing. It was so great to have so many nice people care what was going on . I was able to get everything done and move over to my new condo finally but missed the conversation and kind words of my friends at Epic.
As I told my realtor I would recommend only the Epic for any type of business trip which might
have to be extended like purchasing a condo ,as no where else
would the staff go so far out of their way to help you and facilitate your longer stay.
If my condo is ever too small for my guests they will definately be staying at Epic and no where else.

I am sure I will be back to visit our friends at Epic as my husband and I love both Area 31 and of
course Zuma.

Thanks again to all
P.S. I found housekeeping very amenable to clean room whenever requested (you just have to ask) as i diid not leave the room till after 12pm each day.

Room Tip: Loved the city view( not water) of the building changes colors
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jacqueline P, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
HelenRH
Thanks for your wonderful comments. We are thrilled to see that you had another great stay at EPIC. It makes us happy when our guests feel pampered by the personalized service we are offering on our club level. We definitely will miss you at EPIC once your condo is move-in ready. However, whenever your friends and family visit Miami, please know - they always will have a second home with us.
Please step by whenever you can and enjoy our amazing restaurant AREA31 and restaurant ZUMA.
Lighthouse Point, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I had stayed at a Kimpton property in Boston a few years ago and was so delighted with it that I decided to find a Kimpton nearby me for a quick little "stay-cation." I found the Epic in Miami and booked two nights. This hotel did not dissapoint. The rooms are decorated beautifully and are very comfortable, very luxurious. The pool is crazy cool. It's on a rooftop, double loungers with canopys to shade you from the sun, awsome music, and attentive waiters and staff. The restaurant was delicious, the view from the room delightful, the entire staff is eager to please. There is one tiny little thing I think they could do better with and that's the Mini Bar....mine was not restocked before I got there and I was charged a very minor amount for something I did not consume. It wasn't worth the argument but if there is one improvement the Kimpton can make, it would be the mini-bar services. Otherwise, you are really gonna love this place !!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Terimilano
Thanks for your wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear that you loved everything about your stay-cation at EPIC – our spacious rooms, our relaxing pool deck with heated infinity pools and our award winning restaurant AREA31 on the 16th floor roof top. We are sorry your minibar was not restocked – we definitely will do better next time you visit.
We are looking forward to your next stay with us.
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!