“Terrific” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Terrific”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

All has already been said. Great hotel, beautiful ocean view upon purchase, not cheap.
They currently have some promotional prices on their website. I stayed in a club level room and was delighted with the peacefulness. I was a bit disappointed with the food selection in the club lounge especially in the mornings. A few hot dishes would have been nice and suitable for a such an upscale hotel.

With regards to location, I was not looking for the south beach extravagenza so I found it perfect. Having a car allowed us to go anywhere in about 15 min drive. The park and bayside marketplace are very close to the hotel and are perfect for an evening stroll.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacqueline P, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Slavio
Thanks for your terrific comments and for your feedback with regards to our club level presentations. We appreciate your kind words about EPIC, our ambience and services. We are glad you enjoyed our convenient location close to South Beach and local attractions and shops.
We are looking forward to your next visit.
Best wishes,
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (550)
Salem, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We had to evacuate from Key West because of "hurricane Issac" the day we after we got married. I looked up hotels in route and previously stayed at a Kimpton hotel in Salt Lake City, so picked I picked Epic. Despite the circumstances,we were impressed with the service & style of the hotel. We were actually very happy about spending our honeymoon there than in Key West. Very professional staff, upscale, and very clean rooms. The room service was great and their resturant in the hotel had excellent food! The room on the 25th floor with a large balcony had a scenic view of Biscayne Bay. We could see the bridge to Biscayne Key, Miami Beach and the cruise ship port. If I ever return to Miami I would stay there again. For how nice the hotel was and the service, the price was very reasonable, if not under priced.

Room Tip: Ask for a waterview room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ada v
Thanks for sharing your wonderful feedback from your stay at EPIC. Even if the circumstances were not great, it makes us happy that we were able to provide an attentive and friendly service and a fun and enjoyable honeymoon for you.
We are looking forward to your next visit. Please return soon.
Best wishes,
Clarks Summit, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Just stayed at the Epic Hotel (Kimpton chain) on Biscayne Blvd Way in Miami for 2 nights Pre-cruise. What a surprise! Great hotel in a great location....very clean, modern and chic. Walking distance to Bayside and Mary Brickell Village...5 minute ride from the Port of Miami for cruisers.
Beautifully decorated with great dining options, gorgeous pool on the 16th floor. KYMA lounge off the lobby is a "happening place". I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I will definately stay here again. Gorgeous place!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacqueline P, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Cooper13
Thanks for your great comments. We are glad to see that you loved EPIC, our location close to the Port of Miami and our amazing amenities.
We are looking forward to your next stay with us.
fort myers
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Checked in this hotel on saturday (9/29/12) and didn't get off to a good start. Attempted to check in around 2:45 which was 15 minutes before the official check in time and was told my room wasn't ready. Any other 5 star hotel I've stayed in before has never had a problem with rooms being ready a few minutes before the official check in time. I was told it would be a few more minutes until it was ready. I waited for about half an hour and didnt recieve any call that my room was ready. Went back up to the desk and said I didnt want to wait any longer, and was then handed the key to a room.
I booked a water view room, and was expecting a view that was similar to those pictured on their website (naturally). However upon looking out the window, I see no water in sight, only a bunch of high rises. Although they are very nice looking, it wasn't the view I paid for. Also the room they put me in was spitting distance from the pool which was rather loud. I promptly called the desk to see if I could change rooms. I explained to them that there is no water in sight, and wanted a room with a water view (just like I booked). The woman on the phone said that if I go on the balcony I would be able to see the water, and that based on the layout of the hotel, all the rooms are this way (THIS IS NOT TRUE!!). I eventually got on to a manager who finally agreed to switch my room. I then had leave the room I was in and wait about 3 hours for another room to be ready. The room I finally got was much in a much better part of the hotel, AND had a nice water view without having to step out on the balcony and peak around the corner.
The remainder of my stay continued with poor service. We asked for a key to the mini bar which never showed up, and we weren't handed our vouchers for breakfast at check in. Also the valet parking at this place was a joke. They took a good 20 minutes to bring up your car. Also upon arriving to the hotel, there is a mess of cars and cabs, making it difficult to pull up to drop your car off.

On a positive note though, the rooms are very nice and spacious. Everything was clean, and well kept.
It's the crappy service of this place that has left me not wanting to come back here.

Room Tip: If you booked a water view room, and don't see any water, don't settle for their excuses. Th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ben h
Thanks you for sharing your experience form your stay with us. We appreciate your kind words regarding our modern and spacious guest rooms and well kept hotel. However, we are disappointed to read your comments regarding your check in and valet experience. Please accept our apologies for not having the room ready upon your arrival and for not providing the view as you expected. We are sad that we were not able to exceed your expectations. We hope you will be giving us another chance and returning to EPIC another time.
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Reviews like this are difficult to give an overall rating to and I chose poor because I didn't sleep well which is my actual benchmark for anywhere I stay overnight. However this is not anything the hotel did hence it being hard and possibly unfair so i will explain..... We stayed on a Saturday night in room 2702 (27th floor) which has a fabulous view over the intracoastal and out to sea over South beach and also overlooks the hotels pools which are on 16th floor. Our sleep was disturbed by three things - firstly people sitting out quite late by the pools which also is the site for Area 31 the hotels restaurant, secondly by numerous police sirens through the night and lastly by planes taking off from the airport during the night and flying directly over the hotel.
The hotel staff are fantastically enthusiastic and helpful and a genuine pleasure to be around. The room was lovely, clean with lots of space, a wonderful bathroom, great a/c and lovely comfortable beds. The pool area and pool staff were exceptional and I could have stayed on the pool deck for a week - it was very relaxing and sheer bliss!
The only real issue with the hotel was the carnage each time we wanted to get our car from valet and the issue of trying to get back into the hotel when we returned. If there is a system the car valet people were using then I couldn't work it out. It was chaos and people were frequnetly backed up down the road trying to get in. We waited nearly 20 minutes at 8.30pm to get back in after going out for dinner and then waited another 20 minutes to get out of the hotel after checkout.

Room Tip: Any room over 17th floor has great views
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacqueline P, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Cherylmax
Thanks for sharing your feedback from your stay with us. We are disappointed to see that you did not get a good night’s rest and that you had to wait for a longer time to receive your car. Please accept our sincerest apologies for not meeting your expectations. We do appreciate you kind word regarding our hotel and amenities. We hope you will be giving us another chance and returning to EPIC in the future. Kind regards,
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful boutique hotel with nice pool and great all around service. The junior suite on top floors make for a very special stay. Good bar scene on 16 floor. Only issue is there is not much in way of shopping or restaurants within walking distance.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Canadian_Nomad22
Thanks for your great feedback. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your junior suite with amazing views and a stunning spa-like bathroom. Glad you joined our happy hour at Area 31 – rated ‘Best Happy Hour in Miami’. We are looking forward to your next stay with us.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Epic Hotel in Miami Florida and it was the best stay ever. The customer service was awesome, the room(21st fl) decor was really nice with a fantastic view of the city and the inter coastal waters. It rained all day one stay and we had no problem staying in because the room and hotel itself was so comfortable. I would definitely return and would highly recommend this hotel to others. We just loved this hotel and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less a/c unit noise, also you get a great view of the city from up high.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacqueline P, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Betty M
Thanks for your amazing feedback. We appreciate your wonderful comments from your stay. We are thrilled that this was your best hotel experience ever.
Since the weather was not so picture perfect, you have another reason to return, to check out our pools and comfy cabanas.
We are looking forward to your return.
Best regards,
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!