“I've said it before but IT'S THE ONLY PLACE TO STAY!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Fly South for the Winter
Ranked #5 of 122 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
“I've said it before but IT'S THE ONLY PLACE TO STAY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

My wife & I would never stay anywhere else in Miami; we were there last summer (2011), last Christmas (2011) and we will be there this summer and this Christmas & New Year's 2012. They are the greatest staff of any hotel we have stayed in in the world, including the InterContinental in Tokyo where the service is jaw-droppingly fabulous - but these guys beat them hands down! Add to all this the sumptuous rooms, beds & pillows that make you want to stay in them all day, views that hurt your eyes they're so gorgeous, a poolside that featured in Charlie's Angels it's so chic, the friendliest staff in the restaurant (Milena & others), a concierge who can get you anything!! (Gene, thanks for the HEAT tickets), and a Resort Manager (Jacqueline) who's probably the nicest person in the world and.... WHY WOULD YOU STAY ANYWHERE ELSE? Ian Boughey, Geneva, Switzerland.

Room Tip: Get a room with a water view and on club level; the views will take your breath away and the service...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Jacqueline P, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Seiun
Thanks so much for your amazing posting on tripadvisor. We are thrilled reading your feedback about EPIC’s stunning rooms and balconies with breath-taking views over Miami and the waters of Biscayne Bay. Our staff cares about each guest and goes above and beyond to exceed our guests expectations. We are glad we were able to wow you during your past two visits. I am certainly happy to be of any assistance, too. My team and I appreciate your loyalty to EPIC and we are looking forward to welcoming you back this summer.
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (552)
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Jeysa and company took exceptional care of our group at a recent event. There was not a single request that was not met with complete profesionalism and expediance. The meeting room was wonderful, and catering with breaks and lunch was perfect. I was really impressed the sandwhich lunch. On top of this, the waterfront rooms, all with balconies, were beautiful. Housekeeping kept the room in great condition day and night. Add to this, a very nice spa, a great hotel gym and some very nice pools made the ammenties top rate. Beyond this the hotel features a casual dining in Area 31 (perhaps they prefer I call it more hi-end), but I found the hi-end in Kuma, a Japanese restaurant, that has some of the best sushi I've ever had to go with perfect mojitos. Location was also perfect--a nice course to run/walk over the bridge, a shopping mall and 2 starbucks a short walk away, Il Gabbiano down the street (amazing Italian), and 15 minutes to South Beach. I highly, highly recommend the Epic.

Room Tip: The waterfront rooms are amazing. Standard rooms are perfect, but the suites look even nicer with j...
GregsHay
Thanks for your amazing feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you had a relaxing stay at EPIC and that your meetings were very successful. We appreciate you pointing out our friendly and attentive service, provided by Jeysa, our culinary banquet team as well as our housekeeping team. We are looking forward to hosting your next business meeting at EPIC again and hope you and your group will return soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

The Epic is a modern and stylish hotel close to Miami downtown and the commercial center. The rooms are modern, spacious and nicely designed. My room had a sunny balcony with view to the waterfront, the surrounding highrighses and on the pool.

At groundfloor you can find a nice bar and a recommendable restaurant.

The EPIC became my favorite hotel in Miami downtown!

Dagger0815
Thanks for sharing such nice comments from your stay. It makes us happy to hear that you felt comfy in our modern and spacious guest rooms and that you enjoyed the stunning views from your private balcony. Thanks for making EPIC your favorite hotel when visiting Miami. We are looking forward to your next visit.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I recently stayed at the Epic Hotel in Miami and was very impressed. It is trendy, but not over the top (except the music in the fitness center and near spa is very loud). The rooms have a computer and free internet - great bonus! I was upgraded to a water view room; very cool pool area. Also received coupon for free glass of processco for making reservations at Area 31, which had delicious food. I had a corporate rate, so definitely a great value for the money.

Melegg
Thanks for sharing your feedback from your stay at EPIC. We appreciate your great comments about our hotel. EPIC is definitely a good choice, no matter if you are in town for business or leisure. We are glad you had time for some relaxation in our Spa and pool area. We are happy that you enjoyed your complimentary prosecco and got spoiled by our Executive Chef Michael and his culinary team in our signature restaurant AREA31.
We hope your travels will bring you back to Miami and we are looking forward to welcoming you back as our guest.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Again, I had a wonderful stay at the Epic Hotel and as usual, the staff was great! Although everyone was helpful and courteous, both the manager ( Jacqueline Ploettner) and Matt( front desk) stood out the most.They were very hands on and treated me as if I were a "GUEST". In fact, Ms. Ploettner personally responded to an e-mail I had sent prior to my arrival and after checking me in, Matt came from behind the desk to explain where the elevators,pool,spa and restaurants were. That simple act made it a bit more personal and I appreciate that. He also made sure that I had a room with an amazing view of the bay. I am soooooooooooo looking forward to next years stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the pool and the bay.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
slicnic17
Thanks for your wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear that you had another amazing stay with us and that Matt went out of his way to make you feel special and cared for. It was my pleasure to be of assistance prior to your stay.
My staff and I are looking forward to your next visit. Please return soon.
Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We had two seperate stays at the Epic as part of our honeymoon either side of a cruise and the experiences both times were near identical.
After a long flight the smiling faces of the reception staff offered a warm welcome to the hotel and we were very quickly checked in to our room, one minor criticism is the lack of information regarding using the key card to operate the lifts, we noticed a few others struggling like ourselves so remember for when you book!
The room itself was fantastic on both occasions with a massive king size bed, huge shower and double wash-basins making it a comfortable living area for a few days. We had an issue with the bathroom on our second stay but this was quickly resolved and we were moved to another room without any complaints.
The staff were absolutely fantastic, very helpful and unlike some hotels we have stayed in in business areas they treat everyone equally without the feeling of being looked down upon due to our tourist look (although the clientele did look very mixed). It was also a nice touch when a couple of the check-in staff were able to remember your name as they walked past, a small detail but something that gave the hotel a warm, friendly feel - the evening wine reception was also a nice touch!
Location wise there is a lot of restaurants around and good transport links to get around Miami within walking distance, the concierge certainly had all the information you could want regarding this.
Couldnt honestly have asked for more!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacqueline P, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
JK-HKR
Thanks for your superb review. We are happy to hear that you stayed twice with us, loved your rooms each time and that our staff went always out of their way to assist you and made your honeymoon at EPIC as special and unforgettable as possible.
We hope you will be returning soon, but at least every year for your anniversary.
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I knew this place was special the moment I walked into the lobby. It's gorgeous and well appointed. I was taken to my room which held the most spectacular ocean view. The balcony was very spacious and the room was large with everything I could have wished for. It has plenty of plugs for all of my electronics and an iPod stereo. The bathrooms are glorious and I was able to take a relaxing bath and able to view the television at the same time.

I will never stay in another location in Miami. It's fabulous, luxurious with a gracious staff. It is in a very convenient location where you can walk within a block or two to wonderful restaurants. I am recommending the Kimpton Epic as the go-to hotel for all of our business stays in Miami.

Bravo!!!

Room Tip: The waterview rooms are magnificent.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Litlsecret
Thanks for your amazing comments. We are thrilled that we exceeded your expectations from the moment you arrived. Our rooms are spacious and the views are breathtaking. Our location makes it very easy to reach local restaurants, bars and shops by foot. We appreciate your kind words about our attentive and friendly staff. We are looking forward to your next stay with us.
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!