“Stylish and well located” 4 of 5 stars

Fly South for the Winter
Ranked #5 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Berlin
“Stylish and well located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

I stayed for a conference at the Epic. Excellent and stylish rooms with a stunning view on the harbor and Miami skyline. The service is quite inconsistent from 'ok' to excellent; some stuff did not see when service was required on their own and just reacted when being asked to do so. Where the hotel gets marked down is the management of the venue facilities: The conference room was way too cold for 2 of the 3 conference days despite of multiple complaints. Some speakers suggested to burn the furniture to stay warm or asked the attendees to bring their blankets ;-) From a top notch conference hotel I expect to get such things fixed within hours but not days. Bottom line my perception is one of a very good but not a top notch hotel, although charging as such. Therefore I don't see the the high fees justified yet. They can get there but there is some service and facility management homework left to do.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
medox_de
Thanks for your comments and for not following your speaker’s suggestions…
We work very diligently to keep our guests warm and comfy, even when the weather in Miami gets unexpectedly cold.
We are glad you found EPIC stylish and well located, in walking distance to many local shops and restaurants.
We hope you will be visiting us again and looking forward to your return.
Kind regards,
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

I hosted a Board of Directors meeting with a group of about 20 people. I received nothing but praises from this discerning group! The rooms were modern, clean, and spacious. The staff was friendly and helpful. The food in the restaurants was top notch and other restaurants are within walking distance. As with all Kimpton properties, there are evening wine happy hours which adds a nice touch after long days of meetings.

I'd recommend giving it a try.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not overlook Biscayne; the traffic can be noisy even on higher floors (I wa...
Sgoudeseun
Thanks for your review and recommending EPIC to other travelers. We are thrilled you and your entire group had a very productive meeting and an amazing time at EPIC. We are glad you checked out our award-winning restaurants AREA31 and ZUMA and had a great dining experience.
We are looking forward to you next visit, with your group or solo.
bermuda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012 via mobile

I stayed 4 nights for a business trip.
I had a great double room, and the bathroom was great: really spacious.

I had business in Brickell, so I was within walking distance. The complimentary happy hour was great, and a perfect end to the work day.

The other reviewers are correct, there is a car show out front every day, and luxury yachts docked alongside the lobby.

The spa and the restaurants were great on site, but room service is limited in variety.

I would have given the Hotel a 5 except on my first morning there I had a wake up call to my room at 6am, and I had not ordered a wake up call. I'm not unreasonable, mistakes happen. I explained to the gentleman some what groggily as I had only checked in some 6 hours previously, that I had not ordered the call. He apologized, and I fell asleep again. Only to be awoken 20 minutes later by the same man, with my 6:20am wake up call!

I can forgive one mistake, but not two. I didn't bother bringing it to management's attention, I just took it as a sign to get up and go to the gym.

But it did leave me with an unprofessional feeling about the staff.

• Stayed February 2012
ceclarke1
Thanks you for sharing your comments from your stay. We are so sorry about the wake up calls – please accept our apologies.
We are glad your overall stay was very enjoyable and you appreciated our complimentary wine hour each evening. We would love having you back as our guest – please visit us again.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

We stayed one night before our cruise and to be honest in hindsight I would have rather stayed at the Epic than go on the cruise....but that is another review in itself :) I loved the room, it was clean and beautifully decorated. The bathroom was really nice with double sinks and an amazing overhead rain shower head. My only complaint would be that the bed sheets were not soft enough. The staff was helpful and friendly and quickly upgraded our room upon realizing the one they sent us to was not ready. I would definitely recommend and return!

Room Tip: water view is beautiful!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
J M
Thanks for your wonderful comments about our rooms, spacious bathrooms and our friendly and intimate service. We appreciate you recommending EPIC to other travelers and planning on returning soon.
Kind regards,
Palos Verdes Estates, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

The Epic has some great amenities. They have a wine reception every evening and coffee and tea available in lobby each morning. We ate dinner in the restaurant on the 14th floor. The inside area was way too noisy. We asked to be seated outside and it was much better (ask to be seated by a heat lamp). Food was good, not great. There is no gift shop in the hotel but there is a CVS pharmacy two blocks away. There is also a nice walk/run you can take out of the hotel and around Brickell point. The hotel is very modern looking with sleek lines and very clean. We did have room service which was prompt and good. The staff was always willing to help and direct. I took the yoga class in the spa and it was fairly hard. I have been doing yoga for a few years and we travel a lot. Usually yoga classes in hotels are geared for the guests and aren't too hard. This class had a lot of locals in it and was pretty hard (level 2 plus). So, if you are new to yoga you might want to pass. I was ready for an easy class and had to amp up my energy level! Anyway, it's a nice hotel and we would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
cliffview12
Thanks for sharing your feedback from your stay. We are glad to see that you loved our modern hotel with well appointed and super comfy rooms. Your comments about our prompt and friendly service is very much appreciated. Please make sure you bring your sneakers with you again when you visit next – we love to stay in shape at EPIC and invite our guests to exercise with us – either Tuesday mornings for an awakening power-walk or a sunrise run each Thursday morning, around Brickell Key. Try out different Yoga classes at EXHALE – all levels all welcome.
We would like to have you back as our guest and looking forward to your next visit.
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

I would love to give the Epic 5 stars but I just can't. Not yet. I would return here again in a second, though. I stayed for one night and had wonderful service from housekeeping and valet. Thank you Housekeeping for cleaning my clothes last minute. The rooms are great and I had one with a wraparound balcony on Biscayne Bay. It was fantastic. Heard the planes land at Miami Intl and it sounded like they were landing on the roof.
Why not 5...Front Desk was a bit standoffish as was the restaurant hostess. When I checked out, they had one Front Desk agent and about 15 valet attendants.
The hotel is not in South Beach but a wonderful area with tons to do.
I love Kimpton but am hoping they can improve here to 5 star level.

Room Tip: Pay the difference for a water view.
BulldogMatt
Thanks for sharing your feedback from your stay. We are glad you had a good time and fell in love with our rooms, views and EPIC’s location in Miami, at the edge of Miami River and Biscayne Bay. We are thrilled our staff was able to assist you last minute with some requests. We are looking forward to your next stay and for exceeding your expectations throughout our hotel, next time you return.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

The Junior Suite was nice but having traveled practically the world except for Australia and South America, found that the hotel provided nothing for free despite the very high room rate...not even a cup of black tea (which cost us $12 for room service!). Even the parking is $32 ans they insist on Valet service. Had to wait for 20 minutes for car and they was a congestion mess at the front of hotel..seemed very disorganized.So I say 5 star facilities with 10 star prices and 2 star service! Haven't had the breakfast yet... afraid might get disappointed! Like my wife said, even the cheapest of hotels provide a kettle with tea and coffee packets!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Kulwant P
Thanks for your comments. We are glad we had to opportunity to easily resolve these items while you were still our guest. As a part of our “Forgot it?-We got!” program, we do offer kettles, coffee makers and all condiments complimentary to our guest. Just give us a quick ring and it will be delivered immediately. Each morning we provide coffee and tea gratis – come by our lobby and help yourself. Please make sure to join our hosted wine hour in the evenings, were we serve our guests complimentary whites and reds from sustainable wineries. We hope we could convince you through our attentive service and have you return in the future.
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!