“Luxury & Relaxation” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Luxury & Relaxation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

WomeninPR.org hosted their inaugural summit at this wonderful hotel over the course of 3-days. The ambience of this resort-like hotel is pure tranquility. The staff is kind and look forward to serve your every need. Every evening around 6-8pm a maid rings your doorbell to offer you anything from water - toiletries. The entire hotel is clean, slick and fresh. For my summit we utilized the meeting rooms which were also nice. After our workshops were complete I noticed the staff was preparing for a wedding reception in the ballroom next door and I had to take a snapshot of the beautiful set-up (which you will see attached). The hotel is in the center of a lot of local shops like Bayside Marketplace. They also have a very spiffy yacht parked on the side that you can rent.

I cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: No matter what room you book, you will get an astounding view of Downtown Miami.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2011
Nicole S
Thank you for your wonderful review. We appreciate your kind words about our resort-like ambience, our spacious guest rooms and upscale meeting space. We are glad you were able to stroll to local shops and restaurants and enjoyed the high-end yachts at the EPIC Marina.
We are looking forward to your next stay with us.
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (632)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

The hotel was lovely. Staff was great and friendly. The room was nice--clean. I loved having spacious bathroom with the double sinks.

• Stayed November 2011
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2011
Rnladyg
Thank you for your lovely review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed EPIC and felt like home in our spacious and comfortable guest rooms and bathrooms with double vanities, glass showers and soaker tubs.
Thank you for pointing out our attentive and friendly staff service.
Please be our guest again – we are looking forward to your return.
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

I had planned one leg of my honeymoon in Miami and as I live in the UK used Trip Advisor to help me decide the hotels to stay at. All the review pointed me to Epic. So I went for it and booked 4 nights at club level and also booked 3 nights at Mandarin Oriental down the road (spread my bets I guess). I was blown away by the hotel. From the minute we arrived in our taxi we were greeted by a porter (Luis) who was great. We gave our names at the lobby and the lady behind the counter came around the desk and congratulated us on our marriage and honeymoon. She told us we had a private check in and we went up in the fastest lifts ever to 29th floor. The concierge greeted us and gave us an overview of facilities. Then we were shown our rooms. Amazing view of the bay on one side and Miami skyline on the other. Gorgeous during the day and absolutely magical at night / sunset. The staff at club level were outstanding and a BIG THANKS to Andrew, Gene, JP, Lucia and Luis for making our stay truly special. You need to know what to do or where to guy these guys are the experts and get everything printed and directed for you. I was so sad to leave when I went to stay at Mandarin (which was great but not on the same level as Epic). I even came back for more advice on things to do (whilst staying at Mandarin) and the the guys still welcomed us back and provided us with their time and knowledge to really help us out. As non guests this is something I have never experienced at any hotel and is truly special. Well done guys!!

Ikki & Harvey

Room Tip: Book Club Level - well worth it for service, breakfast and top line drinks all included Do not forg...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Ikki & Harvey
Thank you so much for your amazing review. We are happy you spent some days of your honeymoon with us. It is great to hear that our club level team made your stay so special, unforgettable and enjoyable. We are glad our entire team recognized you and showed you all the care and comfort we are known for.
We truly hope you will be returning and staying with us again, next time you are visiting Miami. We would love to have you back as our guest.
Middletown, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

I recently was in Miami with my wife to stay before I went down to a wedding in Kew West. We stayed at the Epic hotel for two nights mid week and left on Friday morning, The hotel was nice, the bed was uncomfortable and not level (I think the box spring was broken upon arrival but was my fault for not calling the front desk to switch). The service seemed great when we first arrived, we were greeted by the staff and had a very helpful bellhop help us with our bags and show us the room and features. I was also told about the complimentary (or so I thought) continental breakfast on the 16th floor. The next morning we attended and asked to be seated even asking if this was were the complimentary breakfast was. My wife proceeded to get some outmeal and a banana and I picked up a croissant. When the waitress asked what room we were staying she had informed us that the breakfast was not included with our stay and proceeded to charge us $30 for the items I listed previously (most expesive croissant, banana and oatmeal ever!), I paid and figured I would straighten everything out with the front desk. When I told the front desk about the mix up they said that my room didn't include the breakfast and they apologize for the mix up in telling me at my arrival that it was complimentary without offering to reimburse me! I thought it was unacceptable and didn't understand why they did not credit me for the breakfast but I did not make a big stink and just walked away and figured I would include it in my review. I am far from cheap and this was a matter of principle but really put a damper on the stay. Another thing to make note of is that there are many corporate events held nightly at the pool so don't expect to be hanging out down there in the evening.

On a positive note the bathrooms were very nice with a double sink and overhead showerhead. Overall the hotel was aesthetically pleasing but I wasn't crazy about the service or beds.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Bermuda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

I stayed at the Epic pre-cruise for 2 nights on October 21, 22. I loved this hotel. It seems that each Kimpton hotel that I stay in has it's own special features which makes the chain really unique in the market.
The Epic was flawless. From check in to check out, I did not have one complaint. The staff are uber attentive, the room clean, comfortable and soundproof. I LOVED the tub. What a relaxing way to spend 2 days.
My friends who were staying at the Marriott joined me at Area 31 for dinner. What an exceptional experience. One friend exclaimed that it was the best meal that he ever had from beginning to end. That was a big statement from him who is a serious foodie.
I am looking to stay at the Epic again in January. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Miami.

Room Tip: I stayed on a higher floor and experienced no noise at all.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
lovetotravelBermuda
Thank you for your awesome review. We are thrilled to hear that you loved our rooms, especially our oversized bathtubs. We are happy you really enjoyed your stay and felt well taken care of by our attentive and friendly staff.
Thank you for dining at AREA31. Chef Michael and the entire culinary team just presented a new menu – we are happy your enjoyed it.
We are looking forward to your next stay in January.
So long,
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Wonderful place for conferences and vacations. Right in the heart of downtown Miami with great views and rooms. Looking forward to going back sometime!

Room Tip: Rooms on the South have a view of the city and water.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Elizabeth P
Thank you for your kind comments from your stay at EPIC. We are thrilled you loved our hotel and had a great time. We are looking forward to your next stay, maybe for just a quick weekend getaway or a longer vacation.
Maidstone, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

We had a one night stopover in Miami during our journey from London to Nassau, Bahamas. We were going to stay at an airport hotel since our flight arrived at 4pm and the next flight was at 8am the next morning. We decided to stay downtown at the last minute and what a great decision it was. A cab took about 15 minutes - even the following morning during the morning rush. We arrived just in time to have a free glass of wine at their wine reception. Up to our room to be wowed. Huge room - gorgeous views from the balcony and amazing bathroom. There was even a computer station with free internet access in the room. We walked to Bayside Marketplace for dinner. It was about a 15 minute walk but it was enjoyable and had nice views. Due to jet lag, we woke up really early so we decided to use the fitness center. It was like a smaller version of a proper gym. I wish all hotel gyms were like this one. Breakfast was really nice - good for a hotel buffett - with attentive staff. We did visit the pool or bar area but it looked pretty cool from our room. The only downsid was the temperature of the room. If you open the balcony door, the air automatically shuts off. Even with the balcony door closed, our room seemed hot and the temperature would not change. Other than that, this is a stunning hotel that we hope to revisit.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Abumbolina
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are thrilled you enjoyed our eco-friendly hotel, our comfy rooms with stunning views and our close location to Bayside Marketplace with shops, restaurants and bars.
We appreciate your kind comments about our breakfast and pool side service. Great you had time to check out our state of the art gym.
We are looking forward to your return and to mingle with you during our hosted wine hour in the evenings again.
Best wishes,
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Coconut Grove
4.0 of 5 stars 1,127 reviews
Conrad Miami
#8 of 115 in Miami
4.5 of 5 stars 1,319 reviews

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!