“Wonderful venue at a reasonable price” 5 of 5 stars

25% Off + FREE Upgrade
Ranked #6 of 129 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Wonderful venue at a reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

I recently stayed at the Epic for two nights during a convention. The room was great looking, well appointed and looked like new construction. I was on the 28th floor with a balcony overlooking the water and enjoyed sitting on the balcony while I handled my business calls. I would go out of my way to stay here the next time I need to travel to Miami.

Having a separate shower and tub made the room features even better. This felt like a much more expensive room than I was paying for. Great!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
William H
Thank you for you kind review. We are glad you enjoyed EPIC while visiting us for business. We are happy to hear that our spacious and well appointed rooms made you feel comfy and you truly enjoyed the wonderful views from your balcony over Brickell and Biscayne Bay. We appreciate that you would go out of your way to stay with us again.
We are definitely looking forward to your return.

1,967 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
München
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

I would like to thank your wonderful friendly staff for showing me your incredible property last week. I am out of words, your property, your staff and your location = everything just perfect. I normally stay on the beach, I had a meeting in downtown in the late afternoon, was passing by and walked in...I was warm welcomed at the door and esprecially in the lobby with a glass of wine from Sunshine who is a real sunshine and her colleague, forgot the name unfortunately ( a revenue manager - very friendly as well). Jacky & Felix, both outstanding, very very friendly and funny made me feel home right away.They took their time to show me a few rooms/suites. You have wonderful rooms, I could picture myself there - best style & comfort, very clean & top technical facilities and the views - unbelievable!! Your pool area is great and the view is perfect too. I am looking forward to staying with you next time! Especially to Jacky & Felix, thank you -- you guys are wonderful!!! Thank you again and I see you very soon, best regards from Munich - Tan

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
Tansu78
Thank you for your feedback from you short visit. We appreciate your kind comments about our hotel and its fabulous location in downtown by Miami River and Biscayne Bay. We are happy you liked our pool area and guest rooms. We are looking forward to your next trip to Miami and would love to welcome you to EPIC as our guest in the near future.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

The Epic is a class act all the way. Unlike most hotels which categorize themselves as "boutique," the Epic is expansive and spacious. It's in a great waterside downtown locaiton, also, adjacent to the bridge that leads to Brickell Avenue.

The staff is spectacular. They are scandalously attractive, for one thing, and I am shallow enough to admit this added to the pleasure of my stay. They also have been beautifully trained. All interactions I had with staff were pleasurable and productive.

My 27th floor room was large, and extremely comfortable with a great bed and a terrific bathroom. And did I mention the large private balcony?

I also highly recommend Area 31 Restaurant on the 16th floor. Great service and great food, for a price.

The pool area on the 16th floor is also stunning, and sometimes is quite the party scene.

While this hotel seems party-oriented rather than business-oriented, as a business traveler I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I'm so relieved I didn't have my hotel changed to the nearby Courtyard. My stay at the Epic was worth the loss of Marriott reward points!

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool side can get some noise from the partylike pool area.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2011
RayIvey
Thank you for your awesome feedback. We appreciate your great comments about EPIC, our waterside location in downtown Miami with spacious rooms and super comfy beds. We are thrilled our staff made the difference and added to the pleasure of your stay. Please join our loyalty program ‘Kimpton In Touch’ next time you are returning - we offer a lot of extra perks and promise to meet your preferences each time you are visiting.
We are looking forward to your next stay.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

We stayed for 6 days September - October 2011, while waiting for our Downtown Condo to be ready (moving from Las Vegas to Miami). We were treated like family - just a stunning property:

The Pros:
- Worth the 5 stars - this place is heaven on earth. Comfortable furnishings, beautiful pool and spa - great customer service from EVERYONE! Hard to believe that this is also 1/2 residences!
- We stayed in a one bedroom waterview suite. A MAZE ING, totally worth the money!
- Beds are very comfortable, soft sheets, fluffy pillows, perfect blanket. Robes and slippers as well.
- Sofa in living room is very comfortable - felt like i was home
- Wifi - if you are a kimpton intouch member (its free) then the wifi is FREE for your stay, and you can access it everywhere - we had no problems with it at ALL during our stay
- Room service is quick and VERY yummy - remember, the service charge and gratuity is ALREADY included in the bill, so dont freak when you see it costs more than the room service menu
- Housekeeping - what an amazing troupe! Our place was spotless, they understood we were on an extended stay - even refilled our ice buckets for us in the afternoon and evening since we were both working from home
- Concierge, Valet, staff in general - wow, what personal touches - everyone treated us like we were long lost family members - they made us feel like we were the only people in the hotel!
- Conveniently located to Brickell area (over the bridge) as well as downtown Miami - few minutes we were at Bayside Marketplace on foot.
- It is upscale, and it is NOT cheap, however - it is VERY MUCH worth every single dime. Our stay came to a little over $2500 for 5 nights including everything - and we loved every second of it. When family and friends come to Miami, we will def be suggesting the Epic as their first choice.
Area 31 - WOW, just WOW - you MUST dine here at least once during your stay - if you don't, you are totally missing out on one of the most amazing experiences ever!!!!
- If you smoke, get a room with a balcony! (I have a review of it posted separately)
- We plan to always look for a Kimpton property when we travel in the US - we were THAT impressed
- You need to ask for a coffee pot in room. The bring a krueig machine for you (yeah!) and since we were working all day, they threw in more coffee, etc. (I wound up running to Publix to pic up some more, off of 8th in Brickell at the back of Mary Brickell village). Can also take the Metro Mover (free) from a stop a couple blocks away that will leave you off a block from Publix.
- We always received a smile, coming or going - that is a HUGE difference to the hotel experiences we have had in Vegas - we felt like a member of an elite group, in on the special secret, access to privilege, you name it - THAT is how awesome the Epic in Miami makes you feel!
- They also cater to PETS!!!!!!!!!

The Cons (nothing to keep you from staying):
- no power outlets next to bed in 1 bedroom suites, very inconvenient for phones, etc. Some outlets throughout room were behind sofas, etc. When you have a lot of electronics (ipads, iphones, itouches, 3 computers, etc.) a few plugs just does not cut it
- The safe, at least in our room, was located in the bedroom closet, about 12 inches off the floor, sideways - totally difficult to see and get stuff in and out of - very very awkward.
- Noisy hot water pipes and auto lock on door would cycle through itself noisily every 20 minutes or so
- $32 per day for parking - would expect less $ if you are a Kimpton member and/or staying in a 1 bedroom suite - we could have parked down the street for about half, but were lazy and did not
- Room service menu - seriously, written in like 9 point font - LOL - great for the young ones, but for us "older folks" needs to be a wee bit bigger :)
- Valet area - the only thing about the whole Epic hotel that I did NOT enjoy - wow, someone was sleeping on the job when they created this - between the guests arriving and departing, the residents coming and going, no sidewalks for people heading out to the street - a nightmare is putting it mildly. We were almost hit a few times walking out to Biscayne Blvd Way to head out for the day/night. This problem is exacerbated on Fridays and Saturdays as the restaurants and lounge attract everyone. The area is about big enough for 2-3 cars, one way in and out - just a mess.
- Mini bar never got cold (2019) even when they replaced it with another one
- TV system is a little screwy - once again, you expect a little more
- Water facing is NOT Bay/Ocean view - it is the intracoastal for the most part.
- Balconies - facing the river is great, look to the side to get a bay view (from where we were staying) BUT because of all the high rise buildings, noise is AMPLIFIED (traffic, the bridge warning going up/down, screaming bridge lady, boats, people) if you spend a lot of time on the balcony, as we did, it is VERY noisy. Also, the noise from Area 31 and the pool is also very loud (especially at night) - HOWEVER - if the balcony doors are closed, you don't hear anything!!
- Housekeeping does need to go out on the balconies and wipe down the tables occasionally - no one ever did this while we were there.

Room Tip: Suites with balconies facing river are a bit noisy (if doors are open or you are outside on balcony...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
bazingaLV
WOW-thank you so much for posting such a detailed review. We are so glad you had an amazing stay with us and that the cons would not keep you from returning. We are actually just updating our In Room Dining menu and working on a different presentation, as well as looking into an option for additional bedside outlets. These items will be hopefully in place within a short period of time. We are thrilled that your overall stay was amazing and that you truly enjoyed the service provided by our staff. We appreciate your great comments about our restaurant AREA31. We are certain, since you are a ‘local’ in Miami now, you will come by for another great dining experience. We sincerely hope you will be staying with us again (until your condo is move-in ready). When your family or friends are in town, we would love to be ‘the hotel’ to provide them a home away from home while visiting you.
Best wishes and ‘Welcome to Miami”
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

I stayed at Epic one night before taking cruise.
I booked EPIC after reading all the good comments on tripadvisor. The hotel was modern and clean.
I didn't bring a computer on this trip so it was convenient each room has a computer and internet access.

I will definitely stay at EPIC if I go to Miami again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Littlesheep
Thank you for your great comments. We are thrilled you loved our modern and stylish hotel, with our oversized guest rooms and our in-room computers to use complimentary.
We are glad to hear that you will definitely staying at EPIC again and we are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

Stayed at the EPIC Saturday, Sept. 24. Aesthetically, the hotel is gorgeous. It's also a great location. The service was top notch. Best of all was the comfort of the room. I slept a solid 10 hours in sheer bliss, something that never happens. Thanks, EPIC. I hope to be back one day!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Cory C
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your kind comments about our spacious rooms and super comfy beds. We are so glad you had a relaxing time with us.
Please be our guest again.
Rancho Cucamonga, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

After long hours of searching online for hotels in Miami with exceptional views and a great location, we came across Epic Hotel. We stayed there for 4 days and we couldn't have been more satisfied with our stay. As soon as we drove up, there was a valet guy opening our door and welcoming us to the hotel. We walked in the hotel and were immediately greeted with a big smile by the front desk. As soon as we arrived to our room, the bell guy was waiting with our bags at the front door. We walked in the room and were immediately impressed by the spectacular view of the bay. We took a quick tour of our room and couldn't have been more satisfied with our decision! The room was very clean and the bed couldn't have been more comfortable! All in all I would recommend Epic Hotel to anyone who is visiting Miami looking for that 5 star experience with exceptional views!!! We will be back

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Amy C
Thank you for your ‘1st class’ review. We are so happy to hear that you were very satisfied with your stay and loved our hotel, from our guest rooms with spectacular views of Biscayne Bay to our attentive and personalized service. We appreciate you recommending EPIC to other travelers.
We are looking forward to your next stay with us.
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!