“Always top shelp” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
St. Pete Beach
“Always top shelp”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

The Epic is an amazing place to get away and do business.... The staff is the key, from the front desk, Seth, Farah, etc. always remember the smallest details, to the wonderful location and venue. Top shelf gym, spa, rooms are excellent!
A must stay!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2011
TNSA
Thank you for posting you comments. We are happy you enjoyed EPIC, our comfy rooms, Exhale Spa and our gym, located on the 16th floor overlooking our pools. We are glad Seth and Farah made a long lasting impression and provided great customer service.
Please visit us again.

1,848 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

I have been to Miami, FL twice in the last 9 months and during each visit I stayed at the EPIC hotel as this hotel is truly EPIC! I love everything about this hotel. From the gracious welcome I received when first stepping out of the the taxi to the reception area, to the hotel room itself. I travel quite frequently and am not crazy about staying in hotels as I'm very picky about cleanliness. I never stay in anything less than four stars and have found that sometimes five star hotels can leave something to be desired. However, I have never had to worry about cleanliness at this hotel. The beds are clean and comfortable and the bathrooms are luxurious, but most importantly clean as well! Although most of the nightlife and action is located in Miami Beach, this hotel is located in Downtown Miami. However, for me the short taxi ride back and forth is worth all the amenities and comforts this hotel has to offer. The advantage to staying at this hotel versus one comparable to it on Miami Beach is the significant cost savings and being "away from the party" atmosphere." I love, love to party and most nights am out until at least 6 am (or later if I've been at Space), but I want to come home to peace and quiet, not more partying. Although this hotel is billed as great for business travelers, it is also ideal for singles, groups of friends or a girl's weekend. There are plenty of young people staying at this hotel to mingle with at the pool or perhaps share a cab ride with to Miami Beach (although there is never a wait for a cab, except on New Year's Eve). The hotel inside and out is absolutely stunning. You will never tire of all of it's various views of downtown Miami. Service is impeccable with pool boys available for your every request. Sometimes, they'll know what you need, before you do! Both on site restaurants are excellent and are highly recommended! However, I did have a not so pleasant experience at the spa. I booked a pedicure service and the technician was over 40 minutes late getting to me. I brought this to the attention of the spa director who offered to charge me only half of the cost. I accepted this concession, but was still disappointed as I expected to be wowed in a manner consistent with the rest of my hotel experience. However, I would not let this isolated experience ruin my overall experience at this hotel. Overall, great hotel. Do not hesitate to book your reservation, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
nybor07
WOW – what an amazing review. We are thrilled you enjoyed the tranquility and luxury EPIC has to offer, but still being close enough the Miami’s nightlife. We thank you for your kind comments about our hotel, but especially our staff. It makes us happy to hear you feel comfy and well taken care of at all times. We appreciate you recommending EPIC to other travelers, no matter if business guests, families or singles. We are looking forward to your next stay. Kind regards,
Aruba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Excellent Hotel with great location, great view and super-great staff willing to accomodate its customers.

Liked: Look and design of hotel, Willingness of staff to serve, Hotel Bathroom and Balcony, Any difficulty - talk to Danys at front desk andn she and her staff will help you out, Complimentary water, and coffee / tea in the morning.

Disliked: nothing

Room Tip: Requested a pet free room and got one at the higher floor. Although a normal double bed room, the ba...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2011
Leon97
Thank you for your great feedback. We love that you love us. We appreciate your kind comments regarding our amenities, comfy and spacious guest and bath rooms and our complimentary coffee service. Please make sure you mingle with us during our hosted wine hour in the evenings, when you return to our hotel.
We are looking forward to your next visit.
Best wishes,
Winter Haven, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Whenever I return to Miami -whether it is for business or pleasure- I always stay at the Epic. Bonaldo is the absolute best and deserves his promotion to Front Desk - even though I do miss him in Concierge. Gene always delivers 100% and he definitely deserves the Les Clefs d'Or. Bonaldo has been replaced in concierge by Lucia and she always delivers excellent service. While several boutique hotels where advertising lower prices for the weekend of my stay, I am glad that I returned to the Epic because of the hospitality! I always feel wonderful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
ThePinkSuitcase
WOW – thank you so much for your kind comments. We are thrilled B (as we call Bonaldo), Gene and Lucia always going out of their way to exceed your service expectations and making sure you have a great time with us. We would like to thank you for being such a loyal EPIC and Kimpton guest.
We are looking forward to your next return.
Best wishes,
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Booked three days at the EPIC Hotel in downtown Miami as I wanted a changed from just doing beach hotels, also my daughter has never stayed anywhere with high rises before.

Took a bit to find as the directions on my sat nav seemed to be a block out. but I was glad that I found it in the end. The hotel is quite stunning, we were on the 21 first floor with a view over down town rather than the bay, which is perhaps why it was cheaper. But we thought the views were quite breathtaking. Our room was very large with a die for bathroom. We had a minor problem with the safe which was fixed within minutes of phoning reception. The swimming pool is on the 16th floor with the gym both of which had great views, bit odd being in a swimming pool that high up.
The first night we had dinner in the hotel which was a tad expensive but very good. they did a children's menu which help keep the cost down a bit. The other couple of days we ate out partly because of cost and it was the week end. At the week end the hotel is full of people dressed to the nines whilst we were dressed to the four and half.
About a 15 minute walk from the hotel there is the bay-side area which is full of shops and restaurants.
I was over charged by about a $100 which they didn't apologise for, not too sure if was a tax on being a bit too common. But having said that I would happily stay there again and recommend it to anyone, even common rabble like me.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
ParryFamily
Thank you so much for your nice comments. We are glad you and your daughter had a great time and enjoyed the beautiful views from yuor room and pool over downtown Miami.
We are glad you explored Bayside Marketplace, which is in short distance to EPIC. Thank you for recommending our hotel to other travelers. We are looking forward to your next visit.
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Clean Modern and fabulous. Pool a bit small. Lobby has a somewhat vacant feel. Dinner at Zuma was quite average and small portions. 500.00 plus for family of 5 and we were STILL hungry. Really lovely and helpful staff. Room frig absolutely did not work at all despite a repair. On a personal note hate the all Pepsi selection for soft drinks...yuk!!! Hate that brand exclusivity crap. Would certainly return.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Notadq
Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to see your dinner at Zuma and our the variety of our honor bar was not quite to your satisfaction. However we are happy our staff was outstanding and helpful and you loved our hotel.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

I stayed here with my mom over Memorial Day weekend to visit family in Miami. This hotel was great from the minute we arrived. The ambiance is hip Miami contemporary style, and the customer service was great and reflective of the quality that has given Kimpton its stellar reputation. I have to give a shout-out to B at the front desk, because he was incredibly helpful and attentive despite our super late arrival. He walked with us several blocks to ensure we were pointed in the right direction to get a late-night dinner. He even followed up with us later in the weekend. We were totally impressed by his courtesy and he is doing a great job of representing the hotel staff!
The room itself was lovely, and the bathroom was amazing...spacious and luxurious. And what a view from the balcony! I wish we had more time to spend at the hotel! It was also quiet despite there being several large groups staying down the hall from us. I loved the gym and the breakfast in Area 31 was also great--again, staff was extremely courteous and pleasant. We were just so happy with our experience overall, I would definitely recommend this to my friends and would likely come back here again. The only downside to the whole thing was the price, but given the quality of everything else, I would rather pay to stay here than pay comparable prices at a possibly sketchy motel on Miami Beach. If you're patient there's still good deals to be found through the travel websites. Stay at Epic, and I don't think you'll be disappointed!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!