“Welcome to Miami” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Welcome to Miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Off my family went for another cruise around the caribbean, this one leaving from Miami.  Due to our schedule we arrived late at the Epic around 1:00am. We had taken a limo from the airport to the hotel and were greeted at the hotel entrance.

Now I get the part that it's Miami and that clubbing is all the rage but wow... the night club is literally right at the front entrance of the hotel.  The music is beyond loud! So loud that you can hardly hear the desk clerk.

We checked into a city view suite.  However,  my teenager wasn't  happy when he discovered the sleeper sofa had used sheets from the a previous guest. Germs and I do not get along so an instant call to the front desk resulted in both a desk representative and  house keeping arriving promptly.  They seemed very embarrassed by our discovery and asked if they could move us to an upgraded water view room which was very beautiful.  The room had the most amazing bathroom I had ever seen in a hotel.  Also, it was very nice to walk out on to a  large balcony and see the water and the swimming pool which was dazzling!

All in all the staff was very friendly and eager to help which was nice since the hotel is kinda pricey. If you're going on a cruise this is a great place to stay as the ports of call are close by.

Room Tip: If you can afford a water view one bedroom suite it's well worth it!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Pips0905
Thank you for sharing your feedback from your stay. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the arrival experience and the sub-bar Housekeeping service. We are glad our staff provided you with another suite and made sure you felt comfy and taken care off. We are happy your overall stay was enjoyable. We hope to welcome you back to EPIC, either for vacation or when you are ready to board your next cruise ship.
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (519)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011 via mobile

I had read all the reviews about this hotel before heading to downtown Miami on a business trip for 3 nights and thought I was setting myself up for disappointment but that I was not. In fact I was blown away.

I booked a room on the club level - highly recommended and went there to check in. It was early but I wad greeted with, 'hello mrs .., yes we were expecting you'. My room was ready early and I could settle in.

There is a computer in every room. If you join Kim ton in touch you get free Internet. The bathrooms are fab. I was on the 30th floor - fab views. Snacks and food on the club level were superb! Mark looked after us in the evening, remembered your name and preferences. Made you feel like a really special and appreciated person. I needed a last minute dinner booking at zuma. I called and got told it was fully booked. I then to.d the concierge who miraculously got me a booking and told me by coming to my room in person.

The event that epitomized their commitment to service was when it was bucketing down with rain and I requested an umbrella. The doorman said they had run out but that he would run up to my room and get mine. Wow!!!!!

I don't think I will ever stay anywhere else.

Thanks to the epic team!!!!

Did I mention that the spa is awesome too and the core fusion classes are something to behold.

I just had to write this review. I could go on, but won't!!!

• Stayed August 2011
Houseofhorras
Thank you so much for your fabulous review. We are thrilled you were ‘blown’ away by our service provided on our club level. Thank you for mentioning our staff, but especially Mark, going out of his way to assist you with reservations at Zuma and personalizing your stay to make you feel special. We are happy you enjoyed your time at EPIC and looking forward to your return.
Best wishes,
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Front Desk staff was very knowlegeable of hotel and its amenities. Loved the recommendation for dinning at their restaurant Zuma.
Hotel has amazing views of city from 16th Floor terrace.
Dining at their other restaurant Area 31 outdoor terrace was just wonderful and our waiter was incredibly knowlegeable of wines.
Can't wait to go back!!!

Room Tip: View of Bay/River
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2011
VilmaQ
Thank you so much for your amazing review. We are thrilled you had a wonderful time, enjoyed AREA 31 and Zuma restaurants and relaxed at our pool area with stunning views from the 16th floor. Our staff is looking forward to your return.
Long Valley, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

Stayed here for one evening just before taking our cruise out of Miami Port. Loved it! I wish more hotels were similar. Check in/out were both quick and efficient. We loved our suite #2001. Balcony off of room was amazing as well as view. We received a great rate (I did feel it was very fair compared to other places I've stayed) during an online sale ($200+/-) and I am so happy we didn't opt for a hotel near the airport offering shuttles service to port with free breakfast. Cab ride to the port only took minutes in the AM after we ordered our breakfast via room service (delivered promptly). We could even see our ship in port from the balcony! Would stay again in a heartbeat if ever in the area again, thanks Epic! Also, we do think our dinner at Zuma (restaurant on 1st floor) was amazing too......we tried their mid-range priced tasting menu and all three of us loved it! Thanks for getting our vacation off to a great start!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011 via mobile

Gorgeous hotel; rooms are unbelievable, the view is breathtaking, and the staff are the nicest we've ever encountered in any hotel around the world. This is number one for a reason, in fact MANY reasons! You can't go wrong.

• Stayed August 2011
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Seiun
Thank you for your nice feedback. We appreciate your comment to be the ‘ONLY’ place to stay at when in Miami. We are happy our service was right on and you enjoyed your stay at EPIC to the fullest.
Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

I know I have seen pretty good review on the Epic but maybe we were not lucky...
First of all, I did not get the connecting rooms I requested and I did book months ago directly through the hotel ; pretty easy to have separate room when you have two young children! But the most unacceptable thing is that I discovered in our room pieces of broken glasses which could have hurt us. Furthermore, I found the service quite average depending on the waiter/waitress. I spoke to a receptionist manager who apologized for the inconvenience. But I do not give a second chance to the hotel. We definitely will not be back! We switched to Fontainebleau.
If you are demanding like me on 5* star hotel, I will not recommend the hotel. Appearance is nice but service is poor.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Ravouth
Thank you for taking a few moments to post your experience with us.
We are completely disappointed in the product and services you received. For this we sincerely apologize. Please allow us the opportunity to win back your loyalty and provide the product & service you deserve. We will be in touch immediately. We are looking forward to your return.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

If you are looking for a more adult (classy) alternative to the year round springbreak vibe at some of the other hotels on SOBE, stay here. We were promptly greeted and checked in. The staff, including room service was polite and professional. Unfortunately we didn't get to take advantage of the free food and wine they offer everyday. We stayed in a water view room, a must. I haven't seen the city view room but the views from the water side are amazing. The room had an effortless yet luxurious feel to it. Quality materials (real wood and stone) were used unlike some other fraudulent luxury hotels. The balcony was huge although there is a small gap in the walls that allow you to see the adjoining balcony. The pool area is comfortable and chic. There were three yachts docked at the hotel and several exotic cars out front which upped the chic value. All of the guests seemed to be mature yet having a good time. No disrespectful wild activity. There is also a bar that turns into a hotspot at night. The crowd there seemed to be a little younger but they were all well dressed and well behaved. All in all we loved Epic. Once again if you need someplace that doesn't break the bank yet makes you feel like your splurging and you don't plan on acting like a fool (saw none of this unlike other hotels) then stay here.

Room Tip: 16th floor room with a water view. Epic!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!