“Best service (also check out Club Level!)” 5 of 5 stars

Fly South for the Winter
Ranked #5 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Best service (also check out Club Level!)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

The service at this hotel is great. The staff is friendly and helpful. We stayed at the 29th floor which also included Club Level access. Be sure to make a reservation for club level because then you get the best service (5x a day drinks and snacks), and you get to meet Mark and Lucia. They will take good care of you.

The rooms are big and clean. Great bathroom. Slow internet access though. Sign up for Kimpton In Touch program for free Wifi. They also have a great gym and nice pool on the 16th floor.

The hotel is situated in Downtown so make sure you rent a car/bike (depending on how far you want to go) if you want to make a trip. Otherwise you'll have to spend a lot of money on cabs. Public transportation in Miami is terrible and walking long distances in that weather is not an option. Cab to south beach is 25 dollars for a one-way trip.

A great and affordable restaurant located near the hotel is Ceviche 105, an authentic Peruvian restaurant with a great atmosphere. Also check out Garcia's for some Cuban seafood.

Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: make club level reservations, it's worth it!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2011
TBRL
Thank you for your great comments. We are happy Mark and Lucia took good care of you and provided the ‘best service’. We are glad you enjoyed our hotel, our pools and gym, as well as our location in downtown. Many local restaurants and attractions can be reach walking or by bike, which we offer complimentary to all of our hotel guests. We are looking forward to your return.
Best regards,
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
North Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

I recently stayed at the epic....with my husband, daughter any my adorable puppy Sprinkles....It was such a wonderful experience....From check in till our complimentary late check out. Upon arrival they had a welcome sign on a chalk board for my Sprinkles too cute.....The personal attention we received in the club level was priceless.....Lucia was the best.....The poolside cabana was out of this world. And I also had a poolside massage. I swear that the pool water felt that it had a conditioner or some kind of softner ...no joke....I have stayed at many nice hotels and this has to my favorite....Love it so much going back this weekend just 3 weeks later for my husbands birthday...This time no kids or doggie...Just pure adult time...Yayy..

Room Tip: Club level is the way to go..
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2011
Barbiecaudle
Thank you so much for your nice comments. We are happy your family and Sprinkles had a fun time at EPIC. We are glad you enjoyed our hotel and our ‘soft-water’ pools. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to your ‘favorite’ hotel in a few weeks.
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

Let me start off my saying, I am not easily impressed. It takes a lot to impress me. The Epic Hotel impressed me from the moment I got out of the taxi. We arrived by taxi and were greeted and escorted in with our luggage. The bellman stayed with us while we checked in and stayed with us until we reached our room. Once we were in our room, he showed us where everything was located and showed us how to work everything. He then escorted us the the Concierge Level and told us about the 5 daily meal presentations, the open bar and happy hour. We went back to our room and looked stood on the balcony which over looked the water!!! It was beautiful!!!!! The room was clean and beautiful, the bed was comfortable and don't get me started on the shower. It was awesome. We signed up for their Intouch Loyalty Program and was allowed to use the laptop which was in the room for free!!!! We were also allowed to get $10 worth of items from the mini bar (for free) just by signing up for the loyalty program. The 5 meal presentations were great!!! The last presentation of the day were deserts. I had the best lemon meringue pie ever. I can honestly say that was the best lemon meringue pie I have ever tasted. The pool was really nice and beautiful. During happy hour, I had the best Sangria ever! I enjoyed the meal presentations, sangria, the room, the view and the list goes on. What stood out to me the most and truly impressed me was the service. The Epic has the best service that I have ever experienced. Everyone was so eager to meet your every need. Upon check-in, we were asked if we were celebrating anything. We told them it was our anniversary. We returned from dinner and found a nice bottle of Champagne and a beautiful card congratulating us waiting in the room. My review is all over the place but I want to make sure I don't leave anything out. We were going on a cruise and were not allowed to board the boat until 1:30 so we were granted a late check-out. We enjoyed our stay so much, we wanted to cancel our cruise and stay at the Epic the entire week (true statement). We reluctantly went on our cruise. Upon returning from our cruise, we had several hours to spend in Miami before our plane departed. We called the Epic and they allowed us to bring our luggage to the hotel to hold it for us so we would not have to carry it with us and we could enjoy more of Miami. Everyone must experience the EPIC Hotel!!!! A+++++++++

Room Tip: The Concierge Level is well worth the extra money
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Allaboutjuanita
Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled to hear how impressed you were with our service. We are glad you had a fabulous time, enjoyed our club level and the comfort of your guest room, with complimentary internet as an In Touch member. We are happy we made your anniversary enjoyable and unforgettable. Please be our guest again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

First of all, I will let you know that I'm a hotel snob. The Epic was a very good choice for my BDay weekend! Stayed on Club Level floor. Room was nice and spacious with great views of the water and pool. Rooms very also very clean. Kind of got the W Hotel Vibe, but not quite. Club level needs a little more tweeking, as far as snacks constantly being out, but they were good when available. It would of also been nice to have the Club Level on the other side of the hotel overlooking the main pool. Even though there is a pool below the club level, no one was there during our stay. Maybe the hotel should considering making this another bar area to spread things out even more. If you wanted something that was not there, the staff would promptly get it for you. However, it's has some work to get to the level of the Ritz's club level. Food was good here also. Was there for the NBA playoff season and was a nice walk to the arena to watch the game. I've decided that if I was not staying at the W South Beach of Setai, that this would be my option when going to Miami!!! I will be back....

Room Tip: Waterview. Club Level was nice.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
sunshine11
Thank you so much for providing such a detailed review. We appreciate your feedback and will definitely look in to our club level amenities. We are sorry to hear that we were not able to exceed your expectations, but we are glad your overall stay was enjoyable and you would stay with us again.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Bournemouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

We stayed at the EPIC Miami for 7 nights at the end of June. We had a water view Club room on the 29th Floor.
In summary, the stay at the hotel was fantastic in all respects with very little to criticise. The main good and not so good points are summarised below:
GOOD POINTS
Hotel service was amazing, staff were attentive, friendly and very helpful without exception. Mark and Lucia in the club lounge deserve a special mention - nothing was too much trouble.
Room quality was very good, ours was a club suite so we had loads of room, very well equipped with a large balcony.
Room cleanliness was also excellent.
Food and drinks from the club lounge were also superb - to be honest if you're not that hungry you can snack in the club lounge all day for free without needing to spend anything at restaurants - we did this when we were based around the pool.
Pool area was lovely, lots of varied seating and lying areas and pool temperature(s) were just right for me
Views from the hotel across the bay were amazing.
Value for money was about right I'd say given the quality of the room and free access to food and drink
Restaurants in the area were good and varied (Indian, Peruvian (highly recommended). We didn't try the hotel restaurants - they were quite expensive.
Also we really enjoyed the Blue Martini bar in Mark Brickell area (happy hour 4pm to 8pm)!
NOT SO GOOD POINTS
Location was fine but would have been nicer to be closer to South Beach. The only practical way to South Beach from the hotel is by cab forabout $25 ($50 return) therefore making it pretty expensive for frequent visits. Definately worth a visit though.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
KingDoody
Thank you so much for fantastic feedback. Even being located in downtown and not in South Beach, we are glad you had a great time at the EPIC. We appreciate your kind comments about your guest room, views from your balcony, pool area and the service and amenities offered in our club lounge. We are happy you were able to explore our neighborhood and had a great time at local restaurants and bars.
We are looking forward to your return.
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

The Epic, a new high-end hotel in Miami has it all. Fantastic waterfront downtown location with amazing views of Biscayne Bay and the city skyline, the friendliest and most accommodating staff I have yet experienced, terrific cutting edge architecture, comfy beds and rooms.
My wife and I live an hour and a half away in West Palm Beach and have visited The Epic half a dozen times already this year for weekend getaways, and we intend to go back as soon as we can.
We have stayed at many of the high end resort hotels in Miami and Miami Beach (South Beach) and have had good experiences nearly everywhere we have stayed. But The Epic really is a level above the rest, in my opinion.
One of the nicest perks is the automatic upgrade feature if you join their free Kimpton-In-touch program. We paid the base room rate for our stay last weekend but got upgraded to a roomy suite with amazing views. And it even came with a free $10 credit to raid the mini-bar, free wine each evening and a $25 gift certificate for the spa! (In case you haven't guessed yet, the spa and gym are first class.)
And a special shout out to Ashley at the front desk, who makes us feel like old friends every time we show up.

Room Tip: Join the free Kimpton-in-Touch frequent guest program for an automatic free upgrade
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2011
Alasorte
Thank you so much for your great feedback. We appreciate your comments about EPIC’s architecture, your amazing suite and stunning views. We are happy to read your comments about the ‘friendliest and most accommodating staff’ and are glad Ashley was welcoming and made you feel very special.
Thank you for being a loyal Kimpton In Touch Member.
We are looking forward to your next stay.
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

The service was very good. We liked the room a lot, the balcony was big and we had a wonderful view of the city, the bathroom was huge and very nice. The Location worked perfect for us, we walked to the bayside marketplace were we did some shopping and took some tours. Definitely we'll be back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Rit101201
Thank you for your nice review. We are glad you had a wonderful time at the EPIC and enjoyed the comfort of your room with stunning views over downtown Miami and Biscayne Bay.
We are looking forward to your next visit.
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!